Buying from e78.com.hk

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by hellojeffo, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

He's just put their address in Chinese In HK(I know you've realised by now, but it's also for anyone who happens to read this)

2. RogerX11

RogerX11 New Member

just asking.. for those who bought a racket from Mr Chan.. does his racket come with a full cover? I read that some online stores will not send a cover with the racket..

btw, i planned to get a yonex ti-10.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It is not an online store, it is a store that also sells online. Well can you even call it online selling if you have to email in your order :D. But yes, normally a cover will be supplied however Ti-10 doesn't have a special Ti-series cover anymore so it will probably come with a generic Yonex full cover. You can opt out of it I think to save on shipping weight and maybe get some other goodies or something like a couple of grips.

4. RogerX11

RogerX11 New Member

well.. quite true, but hey, as long as i get my order, that works for me.. :D.. as for the cover, it doesnt really have to be a Ti-series cover(although it is good to be one).. i just dont like the idea of my racket lying in my closet with its string expose.. :)

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I email them and get no reply for a week. are they still in the chinese new year holiday?

6. RogerX11

RogerX11 New Member

cool.. i bought a racket from them.. it arrived within 1 week..

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I ordered a pair of Yonex shoes from e78 on a Tuesday morning, settled payment via paypal on the same day and I received the shoes on Friday morning. Excellent service!

8. phahrenheit

phahrenheit Regular Member

Hi Sealman,

how do you determine the shoe size? you tried at the local sport shop first?

thanks

9. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I know my shoe size but you could try the shoes locally

10. Himari

Himari Regular Member

IT
    Hi

Sorry for bringing this thread up :)

I happened to browse the site today, it looks like they are now having the "new" e78.com.hk English interface site, whilst still maintaining the old.e78.com.hk Chinese interface, however, payment method from the English site isn't very convenient

Anyone bought from them lately, especially since the new site migration?

Cheers

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Himari, you could drop them an e-mail with your orders and request for payment via paypal.

12. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Seriously their new website is so difficult to browse items...1 page only loads up 3 pix and u gotta keep flipping so many pages....so waste of time

13. Himari

Himari Regular Member

IT
    placed an order to him and settled payment, then he provided me the tracking number, and today (after about 4 or 5 days) i got my racket
    Mr. Chan doesnt seem to be talkative though, i guess its normal since you guys say he isnt very good at english ;)

14. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Juz a Qns, have anyone compared the prices of E78 with Honly from JB? I would like to know whether worthwhile to buy badminton stuffs in HK as compared to JB which is definitely more convenient for me, coz I might be visiting HK soon and see whether worthwhile to snap up a few item there

15. Himari

Himari Regular Member

IT
    I have no idea about JB (I guess it's Johor Bahru in Malaysia? - do they ship globally?) but I believe if you have a chance to visit HK, you can always drop by MBS, e78, they have a lot of rare and old badminton stuffs which you won't normally find anywhere else, plus, you won't get charged for shipping (and tax?) ;)

16. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Porky, you need not buy from Hongly if you're planning to visit Hong Kong soon. There is definitely more variety in Hong Kong than JB.E78 is located one stop away from Wong Tai Sin. I would visit E78 only if time permits. Just to let you know there is not really much to see at MBS except Adidas racquets.I have paid a visit to these reputable shops in Tsim Sha Tsui / Mongkok which were not too difficult to locate:CYF Badminton Company Hippo SportsESL Racquets Shops along Fa Yuen Street eg Puppy Sports (if I remember correctly), Rose Sports etc

17. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Thks for the heads up Sealman...would spend some time exploring the badminton shops in HK then... :)

18. simond101

simond101 New Member

Student
    Has anyone purchased from e78 recently? I tried using the new English interface, and emailed my order (as the website requests) but have not heard back from them... :/

19. Ricearonie

Ricearonie Regular Member

also is there a receipt of some form given when purchasing a racquet? need to submit a receipt to make a claim on fitness equipment.

20. terranerbana

terranerbana Regular Member

Has anyone recently purchased from e78? Want to know if they are still thrustworthy. I am interested in purchasing there as Victor JS10 3U commercial version.