Armortec 900 power OR Armortec 700 (new colour) which is better overall????

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by - duongalex, Jun 24, 2007.

1. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager

Dude your friend must have twigs for arms...cause when i was 15 i used at700 and it was no problem....

2. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    I don't think it's a strength problem...

3. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    if ur friend get hurt when use at-700, then he'll get the same or even worse with at-900p

4. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Thin arm, look at BC he is a stick figure. Technique is more important than grunt power!!

5. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

I totally agree. When I first started playing badminton as a newbie with a Carbonex 8Sp, my whole body started aching after playing (clearing was a problem for me). But now that my skills have improved, I can play for hours without any pain at all, with the same racquet.

Off-topic question:
    So um.. if you're saying that technique is more important than power, would armortec 900 technique be better than armortec 900 power too ? :S

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    A racquet named technique doesn't not mean that it will give you better technique...it's more responsive, and faster, but doesn't give more technique.

I started using AT700 at 14 and I'm fine. I have extremely skinny arms (my elbow are about an inch wider in diameter compared to my upper arm), but I don't have a problem with it's heavy head, and stiffness. The shaft actually feels pretty soft for me...

7. mjkcosmos

mjkcosmos New Member

Doctor
    700 Is Better

The Armortec 700 is used by more pros and I think is a more sturdy racket than the 900p. Since it is a bit older its more reliable. Lin Dan, Taufik (before switching to arc), Gade (before switching to arc) uses it. Taufik and Gade produced better smashes with the 700 before but wanted to be more all rounded unlike Lin Dan. Lin dan is the type were he smashes it and drops it. Not like sniping it into a corner. But its Pref.

8. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Wow...I can't believe you dug out a 2 year old thread. Haha.:D

But no, AT700 is not really used by a lot of professional players. I know LD used it, but not sure about Gade. I'm sure Taufik used AT900T before switching to Arc10.

Just for your information, almost all single players are all-rounders, and they all snipe into the corners and not hitting out.

9. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

gade did, the old AT700. Taufik did as well. many players used it, including Kenneth Jonassen.

10. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    I remember the very first time i play badminton, i wanted to have a very high end racket, i found out my arm was weak, i doubt my racket was too heavy and i've bought nanospeed 9900.After using ns9900 for a long time, i found out my power is not there, my smash was not slamming powerful... What's wrong? I bought ArcSaber zslash, i love it, it's more powerful, but can deliver that slamming powerful smash, i wanted another head heavy racket. Luckily i didn't buy it, i borrow my friends armortec 700, it's powerful, but i got tired easily... Finally i realise the problem is my technique... not rackets.

I develope (and still developing) my basic techniques. Most important is that to understand who and what type of player we are. Study weakness and turn that weakness into our strong point. When opponent tried to force an error in our weak points, defend it with pride, return to him with extra 20% interest. If possible, kill that rally.

Personally, I myself, love ArcSaber Z slash a lot (and I own Taufik version). I can play with my Nanospeed 9900 too, Armortec 700 is a different racket in many terms. I can play with those 3 different rackets. It's not about the rackets which is better or which is bla bla bla... A good players honed and develop their very own technique, and choose a racket to deliver that technique they developed. Never let the racket control your techniques and your gameplay, but let your techniques control both games and racket.

11. xSeasonx

xSeasonx Regular Member

singles- armortec 700
    doubles- armortec 900 p
    my 2 cents, peace

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

The Armortec 700 old will always be remembered as the legendary weapon of the gods (all the pro's loved it)
    It's a shame they don't produce such awesome rackets anymore...
    The AT900P is very good but maybe it's soon to be replaced? Like the old Ti-10's...

13. starsugar

starsugar Regular Member

ya, last month i tried to buy an armotec 700 in the store, seems like it's out of stock..
    i think u need to put deposit in order to request an order from yonex..
    if not mistaken, i think most of the store will do it tat way..

14. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Lee Chong Wei uses the At-900 power ;)

15. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    I want to buy a new racket. Arc Z-slash, At-900/700 power. (Money isn't the problem) Just which racket is the best in your opinion. I want hard smashes and are going to use it for singels mostly. Does At 900/700 have more power than Arc Z-slash or the other way around?

16. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Isn't At 700 power good for retriving smashes, net play and drives? Which one got most power?

17. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    So, which one if you have good technique? Does the armortec 900 power have much more controll?

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why not wait till Voltric 80 reaches you area? Voltric series will replace the Armortec series ...

19. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Yes I know that and I allready have the Voltric 70 =D but, I don't like it so much in singles, I have tried my teammates Arcsaber Z slash and think that it is better for single. And Lee CW allso uses the At 900P which is another reason to get it befour they are replaced. If you are going to buy one of the Voltric series, keep in mind that they break kinda easily. I hit myself with it in my for and it broke :( Do you really think that the Voltric 80 will have so much more power? And I live in Norway so it will take quite some time befour it gets here, but I can order from Denmark, when do you think they will launch it in Denmark?

20. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Why? What is better with the 700?