APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

Well I finally got hold of my new lethal 90 and it looks beautiful. The head design certainly looks different! One of the best looking racquets I've seen in a long time, that's for sure. I checked the weight and its 92 gms with strings. It definitely feels head heavy - I'm quite interested to compare it with my sotx woven 7 and see how it feels different. The grip is 2G and feels awesome. I think the grip is far superior to the one that came on my sotx. Can't wait to try it out later today. Oh btw, the string on it is zymax 62 at 26x29. Never tried z62 before, so am anxious to see how it performs.

2. logicalguy

Oh.. and it is very stiff.. phew!!

3. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    How much did you pay for the lethal90?:D

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'm also interested to know. Best price over here is about $99 US dollars.

5. logicalguy

Well, paid GBP 50 for the racquet, with additional 10 for strings and postage. Was quite annoyed not to receive a racquet case with it, but when I asked them they said they couldn't because the prices are heavily discounted (full price is 90 gbp). Grr!!!

6. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    I have brand new lethal100 to clear. 3pcs left. at sgd$125 each. Comes with a clothbag.:D Let me know if interested.:D

7. logicalguy

Well I can confirm all the usual about the lethal 90 - very stable, stiff, powerful, accurate, very manoeuvrable, feels top quality. Looks are stunning. Will take me a month to get used to it, though. Also wondering why the lethal 100 is so expensive in the UK - 160 pounds or thereabouts. The details section on apacs-sports.co.uk is wrong as it talks about the leghal 90. 160 is wayyy too expensive :s

8. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Come buy here: we sell at US$ 72 incl stringing to your choice with an apacs Stern10 string.:D

9. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

what's new from APACS after Yonex has released their VT80?

10. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Nothing significant at the moment. There's that Lurid Power series, which doesn't sound too convincing to me.

11. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    ssj, last nite i play with one guy using Lethal 60 (a friendly match).....that guy is incredibly superb with his smash, control, clear, netplay.....string was BG80 @ 29lbs. i think if he is given with any kind of that racket equivalent, he can perform it well too.
    to clear the doubt, i asked him why don't use yonex or li-ning or victor, he said that he had tried those and Lethal 60 is most suit him. what a great guy. :D

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The Lethal 60/70 is my favourite racket also. It is a beast to smash with for sure, and is excellent to defend with at the same time. I'll get to compare it with the VT80 soon.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Also I think the people who rave on about Victor (eg. MX80) and Yonex (eg. VT80) have not actually tried high-end apacs rackets like the Lethal 60/70 or Tantrum 200/300. If they did, they may never look back! For me, I am looking forward to getting an even head heavier racket like the VT80, simply to complement my current arsenal.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Whats the different between post #4273 and saying all YY and Victor users out there are just a bounch of fools by not trying Apacs?? Or Whats the different between post #4273 and saying all Ferrari and Lambo owner out there are just a bounch of fools by not trying Daewoo?? Sometimes in life you dont have to try to decide.

And the worse of it all, he will buy a Lambo just to compliment his 2 doors Tata

That said Im pretty sure many2 VT80 and MX80 users have also used Apacs in the past (including me) so their decision is factual and objective, not merely cos have not try them. And Im also sure that most Apacs fans (who already tried VT80 and MX80) would agree that VT80 and MX80 are awesome rackets and none of Apacs high end will top them.

I think to silence this once for all, ssj100 should request the mod to make it as a poll.

#4274 Yoppy, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  15. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    agree with you, i think because Apacs has low budget on the marketing so people hardly to hear this brand. if you want more head heavy Apacs racket, i think you should get Lethal 100 or Slayer 99. they are designed to be head heavy.

16. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    Anyone using Feather Weight 200?

17. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    nowadays, it is hard to find a defensive player and this racket is suitable to this type of playing. i think people prefer to get a heavier racket than lighter racket. it looks better and cooler attacking than defending.

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Completely with you mate. I think apacs is a "hidden gem". Not many people have tried apacs compared to eg. Yonex. If they did, they may be very surprised - I certainly was. There are many people who prefer apacs over Yonex etc. samsudd_s has posted about yet another player who does.

Yes, I've heard that the Lethal 100 is very head heavy, but I'm just far too curious about the VT80 hehe. Will post some comparisons on how I find it in the near future.

19. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    i got feather weight 100...tbh, i feel that racket is just for fun.

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

And again, this isn't some "who is right" contest, like Yoppy seems to want it to be. These are our honest opinions as amateur badminton players.