Adriyanti Firdasari

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by miksss, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Is she or Maria Febe Kusumastuti going to the Olympics ??? We hardly hear anything about Indonesia's plan for London apart from Towi/Butet

Curious to know who is the deadly assassin they are goiing to send in WS

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

INA got deadly assassin in OG 2008, through MKY, she suddenly peak at Uber Cup and INA SS 2008, eventually got bronze medal at OG 2008.

For OG 2012, i don't know whether INA will got deadly assassin again in WS.. :rolleyes:

3. naistav

naistav Regular Member

If PBSI can manage tournament better for Firda, she can be at top 20 persistently. With current ranking, she will always face hard drawing at high level tourney (SS, GPG). Probably, in her mind already think that she is only R1-R2 player and defeating top player 1 time at a tournament is good already for her. I consider an underachievement to her skill looking at her title is only SEA Games. Can someone recall any IC, GP, GPG she has won? She need to change her mind that you should win 5-6 times in one tournament despite of defeating Tine Baun at R1 and lost to Julianne Schenk at R2.
    Considering her skill that good enough to force CHN WS a tight game, she should be able to win GP few times at least provided PBSI manage to select GP tournament for her (but I doubt PBSI reading capability of other country situation and strategy so not always sending to tournament with full load of top guns).

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree.... For Firda and Febe, it is a good idea to send them to ICs and GPs... I say: ...out of 100% of all tournaments she competes in... 2 ICs, 2 GPs, 4 GP Golds, 5 SS (including PSS), 1 team championshps... There, 14 tournaments per year....

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The top brass at PBSI seems to think that IC and GP-level tourneys are "too low" for first-team players like Febe/Firda. These tourneys are only suitable for second-team players like Hera Desi or Bellaetrix.

They just cannot understand that winning 4000 pts from an IC tourney is better than finishing in R16 of a SS or QF in a GPG event!

Let's take a look at both players' records during the Olympics qualifying period:
    Team tourney - 1 (Uber Cup Qualifying)
    GP tourney - 1 (Vietnam)
    GPG tourneys - 9 (Malaysia, Thailand, Chinese-Taipei, Indonesia, Macau, Korea, India, German, and Australia)
    SS & SSP tourneys - 6 (Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Korea, and All-England)
    World Championships - 1 (for Firda only)

From these tourneys:
    Febe - maximum pts achieved is 4320 from R16 in AE SSP 2011. She only progressed to R16 in 7 out of 16 tourneys....meaning...she won only 7 first-round matches over the entire qualifying period! That's an atrocious record!

Firda - maximum pts achieved is 6050 from QF in INA SSP 2011. Believe it or not....she only progressed beyond the first-round in 2 out of 13 tourneys. That's an even worse record!

These records did not make good readings :eek: If Firda and Febe are sent to more IC & GP tourneys, they can get more victories under their belt and will become more confident of edging out a victory!

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

If I were PBSI, after the Olympics qualifying, I would send the INA WS first-team players to:
    01-06 May - Malaysia GPG
    20-27 May - Uber Cup Finals
    30 May-03 Jun - Maldives IC

12-17 Jun - INA SSP

02-07 Jul - INA IC

21-26 Aug - Vietnam GP

25-30 Sep - INA GPG

09-14 Oct - Dutch GP
    18-21 Oct - Swiss IC

11-16 Dec - India IC
    18-23 Dec - India GPG

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I almost completely agree..... :D Oh, I would send only some to Maldives IC, while the others I send to Thai GPG because it is close and it would be overkill if everyone gets sent to Maldives... For instance:
    I consider INA's 1st team now is Febe, Firda, Linda, Aprillia, Belleatrix
    2nd team is Hera Desi, blablabla

I would send Lindaweni, Aprillia, Belleatrix, and Hera Desi to Maldives...... Febe and Firda to Thailand GPG... Heck, I will send Febe and Firda to Singapore SS too... Worth the risk, it is only 1.5 hours away from Jakarta, and they won't be too tired [resting at homecamp-Jakarta], because they probably won't progress beyond QF in INA PSS anyway..... :p Or alternatively, Febe and Firda skip SIN SS, practive for 1 week, then go to RUS GP...

#27 Krisna, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  8. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    this is the keywords.....
    i think febe and firda are not that bad...
    but their confidence are quite bad... i can see that in Sea Games final...
    remember that febe once has ever defeated wang shixian when she was still in Top 20.
    now her confidence is quite low... losing tamely to many opponents...

9. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

I think PBSI lack of strategy in sending their athlete. I wonder if there is one in PBSI that work to ANALYZE EACH TOURNAMENT for each player. PBSI should have different strategy for each player in participating in any tournaments.
    PBSI should send their player to tournaments that benefit the most
    For example, usually tournaments in India and vietnam do not attract all top players. This is one of the reason why angga/rian could reach final at IndiaSS last year. So PBSI should make good use of these tournaments and send more players to these kind of tournaments beside the main tournaments like All England, Kejuaraan Dunia etc

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yes exactly! :D

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

I think Firda is good enough to challenge current top 20 WS (apart from CHN WS), but still lack of consistency, i think she is not young anymore. She showed quite good progress recently.. Hope she can do well in India SS.

12. miksss

miksss Regular Member

yesterday match, too bad unluckily INA UC team lost yesterday.. but quite impressed with Firda
    [TABLE="class: ruler"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #EBFAFF"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"]Adrianti FIRDASARI[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD]Eriko HIROSE[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]21-13 20-22 21-14[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    she should wrap it in two games actually. I think her attacking game is keep improving, her placement, netshot and smash are sharp. also, i think her stamina is improving too, she still OK till the last game.

I hope Firda will be sent for OG 2012!

13. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    Agree, she really play well last nigt, attack and attack also firda's placement unpredictable, is not quiet often to see her using backhand, but last nigt was different. She play manytimes using backhand and its work really well. but as we know she always good in team event

14. miksss

miksss Regular Member

15. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
  16. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Good luck Adriyanti Firdasari I love you