Some advice and opinions please..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by smidsy1985, Jan 28, 2013.

1. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

Hi there i thought they are stiff but not very stiff, correct me if i'm wrong but is the bs 10 head heavier than the MX-JJS???
    And the sw 35 is more Head Heavy AND flex than BRS LYD and MX-JJS, the flex part surprises me....

victor racketchart.jpg

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Bounce is like repulsion on the Yonex chart iirc. The more to the right in a colour group should more or less mean more stiff within the group ...
    Which automatically pops the question: are the SW30 and SW330 stiffer than the SW35? Don't know much if anything about these two other than they are not popular around here :D.

#22 demolidor, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  3. smidsy1985

so the MX-JJS is less stiff than the mx 80 but because it in a different group it could be stiffer than the sw35?????

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Could be yes, I recall people saying the MX70 is not that much less stiff than MX80 and MX80 should be stiffer than SW35 ...

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Should say "not that much less stiff but still a noticeable difference". A number of people in the MX70 thread have likened it to around BS10 stiffness ...

6. smidsy1985

Is the sw 35 head heavier than my Voltric and less stiff or not??
    And the mx-jjs and BRS LYD?? how do they compare interms of stiffness can someone make a little list of them like:
    Beneath a example (these are not the real specs), but would someone make it for me??

Bravesword 10: Head Heavy = 3/5 and Stiffness 4/5 and Racket speed 5/5.
    Voltric 80:
    BRS LYD:
    MX-JJS:
    SW 35:

And i mean compared to eachoter..

#26 smidsy1985, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I never tried the BS10 and SW35, so I will put Voltric Zforce and NS9900 to replace them as well as using scales of 7 better details with each of the rackets weighs 3U. Hope it will do the justice.

Voltric Zforce : Head Heavy = 7/7 and Stiffness 6/7 and Racket speed 4/7
    Voltric 80 : Head Heavy = 6/7 and Stiffness 6/7 and Racket speed 5/7
    BS-LYD : Head Heavy = 5/7 and Stiffness 5/7 and Racket speed 6/7
    MX-JJS : Head Heavy = 5/7 and Stiffness 6/7 and Racket speed 6/7
    NS9900 : Head Heavy = 4/7 and Stiffness 7/7 and Racket speed 7/7

IMHO, both MX-JJS and BS-LYD will suit you well as you are looking for a racket with the weight balance in between VT80 and BS10 (I assume NS9900 has a similar weight balance to BS10).
    In terms of speed, both MX-JJS and BS-LYD are very similar. Both are fast enough for those fast rallies when you play doubles.
    The only thing to notice is the stiffness. MX-JJS has a slightly stiffer shaft so you'll need to find the correct technique to generate the power out of it, though most of wristy players have no issue with this. OTOH, BS-LYD is more user-friendly by having a slightly less-stiff shaft and compensate it with its diamond-shaped frame design to cut through the air with lower coefficient drag and provides a faster swing speed.

8. smidsy1985

Hi,
    Thanks quixilver!!
    You've made a nice clear point, this is information wich is usefull.
    Is there anybody who thinks the ratings are incorrect??
    Would someone who have used BS10 and SW 35 make the list complete, or send me there own different ratings??
    Greetings

9. meteor

meteor Regular Member

If we employ Victor's 5 step ratings for stiffness and balance the list you requested would look like this:

BS 10: HH 3/5 Stiff 5/5
    VT80: HH 5/5 Stiff 4/5
    BS LYD: HH 4/5 Stiff 4/5
    MXJJS: HH 4/5 Stiff 5/5
    SW35: HH 4/5 Stiff 5/5
    MX80 HH 4/5 Stiff 5/5

MXJJS, MX80 and SW35 are ultra stiff and difficult. They can be rewarding too, depends on your capability.
    Take into consideration the stiffness is also relative to the balance ie: a head light mid flex racket cand feel like a stiff head heavy racket as the head inertia has an impact on how much the shaft bends during play.
    I would like to point out that wristy players can also benefit from using mid flex rackets too, resulting in a more efortless play.

10. smidsy1985

Hi there,
    So the MX-JJS, SW35 are stiff but because they are head heavier than the BS 10 they feel less stiff??
    But there is a 2 point difference in the chart (with the BS10, wich i'm finding to head light), i'm affraid they are to head heavy and they feel like my Voltric 80 wich i find too head heavy, does somebody have a review of these 4 rackets??
    The BS LYD is a a little bit head heavier than the BS 10 and a little more flex, is it true that this racket is easier in use and i will get easier fast smaches out of it in comparison with my BS 10?? (the BS LYD sounds than as the perfect racket in between my Voltric 80 and my BS10)
    Greetings

11. smidsy1985

Am i wrong with this??
    Or has someone maybe a different opinion??

12. smidsy1985

I think i've made my choise...
    I've send an e-mail to centralsports.co.uk, about how high the shipping costs wil be towards the Netherlands, the said it would be aprox 26 british pounds, i think it's quite high.
    I've send them a second e-mail that I want to proceed with my purchase, but i'm not getting any response.
    Is centralsports a good en geniue and trusted reseller??
    Greetings
    Erik

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If it is a BS LYD, you can get it for 117 euro including shipping from Germany (empty frame, no strings). 26GBP shipping is insane ... I wouldn't buy it there just for that reason (Central Sports), unless you are going for the London MX ...
    I see the BS LYD costs 126 euro in Holland with factory string (121 in Germany), the 2013 BS LYD for 132 euro and the new Thruster 8000 for 150 euro ... MX JJS 160 euro.

#33 demolidor, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  14. smidsy1985

Hi, i was thinking of buying the LYD indeed.
    Do you have the website for me of the germany website you've seen?
    The Mx-jjs is i think in my opinion too stiff just like me VT80, that's why i'm going for the LYD.
    I wanted to buy from centralsports because they can print my autograph on the racket....
    I don't know what to expect from the Thruster....
    Do you also have the website that sell's the 2013 LYD??
    Greetings
    Erik

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

+
    2013 LYD http://www.regeersport.nl/index.php?page=artikelen&id=21#Victor (http://www.regeersport.nl/index.php?page=info)

#36 demolidor, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  16. smidsy1985

Yeah,
    Just ordered my Brave Sword LYD, can't wait to get my hands to it and test it, and play with this racket!!!
    Greetings!!

17. smidsy1985

I've had my first session with my new "toy", I have to say that I'm loving it right from the first shuttle I've hit.
    It feels really great and suits my playstyle like a glove....
    I'm really glad I've chosen the BraveSword LYD, it looks awesome and play's even better.
    (the only thing i hate is that the paint already have a paint chip, cause of a collision of 2 rackets..... :()
    I know that's it's a part of the game, but I wish it would last a bit longer before the first one happend.
    Greetings,
    Erik