Wang Xin ( 汪鑫 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My guess is both Li Xuerui and Wang Xin are from Bayi and only one 1st tier player is allowed for each discipline. Since Bayi has chosen LXR, WX is free to play for Qingdao. Maybe somebody who knows the CBSL rules can help to explain?

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Even though WYH is the giant killer, I still prefer WX.

Now even thought LXR is the next giant killer, I still prefer WX. Strange, but don't know why. Maybe partly because this demure little girl has so much 'umph' in her like 'kopi kau'. And it's certainly hard to 'NOT' like her because she possesses that girlie/boyish smile like the girl next door. WSX may be prettier, but WX's image is so down to earth. The fact that she took the time to 'haunt' LD for tips shows the other side of her that we can't see. I really am amaze at her court craft. Not to conjure anyone's furore, I'd bet my wallet's last dollar that she would have won over Saina at the Olympics had it not been due to this dreaded injury. She is one spunky, cute, 'cili padi' lad.

Talent wins respect, character wins....... ??

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Absolutely,what a lass is Wang Xin (though 26 already). If you've never watched her play badminton,she is just a girl-next-door,shy,soft-spoken,demure. But once on court,wow,what a transformation - virtually a domestic cat suddenly turn tigress!

I can never forget the Singapore Open last year. One day I was watching WSX being whipped by Tine Baun, whose hardest-hitting,thundering smashes flat-footed her time and again, thanks to some apt coaching advice from the legendary Morten Frost. The next day it was Wang Xin who turned the tables on Tine , whacking the daylights out of her with her fluid,scintillating,ferocious attacking badminton. The contrast couldn't be more stark.

This London Olympics,fate dealt a cruel blow to her - for the second time in her life now at 26,the first when she was only 17, a severe injury sustained at competition at the world's grandest stage not only denied her the chance of winning a medal,shattering her hopes and dreams, but also threatened to cut short her career for good.

At this time,she should either be at the German hospital that treated her or back home in China after the follow-up checkup. Wonder what's the doctor's prognosis that will decide whether she can resume competition and continue to pursue her lifelong ambition in badminton. Hope to hear glad tidings.

How I wish and long to see her back to her winning,smashing ways. Wang Xin, way to go! JiaYou!

"Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    - Jawaharlal Nehru

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Error rectification - Talent wins medal, character wins respect:D

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    what would win hearts? :)

#305 pcll99, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Rectification 2

Talent wins medals, character wins respect and heart:D

7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Wang Xin is the only one who can properly intercept LXR's shooting lobs with deadly accuracy, and then gives back a fast deadly drop.

As compared to the tall WYH who would have to bend and arch her back to take LXR's lobs, the petite WX is better equipped anatomically.

Is the CBA pushing all the WS players a bit over zealously? Virtually every top singles are experiencing injuries at this time. They should learn from LD how he safeguards from injuries. In fact I don't recall he ever had a serious one considering the way he plays.

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

according to some friends here, LD has no clever plan behind his injury-free career. he is just good in playing hide and seek. :D

btw, how is WX? any news from her?

9. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

and one of the kind could win some medals and some respect + heart. :D

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I do not think you will get to see her play competitively at least until after Mac'13, and that is considered the earliest. Poor lass.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What's the latest on Wang Xin? The outcome of her follow-up checkup in Germany? Can she resume competitive badminton? Hope to receive glad tidings.

12. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Yes, does anyone know the latest on Wang Xin?

13. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

She seems fine and happy, from her weibo.. Here's a post on her weibo early this month..

我在乎人生中随处可见的真诚和感动,我珍惜生命中每一位一起走过的亲人和朋友,我祈祷我认识的和认识我的人都健康、快乐,幸福!感恩一路走来的陪伴,感恩2012,无论好的坏的都是人生的经历和历练…愿2013有更多美好的奇迹……新年快乐,早安,2013

It roughly sounds like this: I care about the sincerity and the touching which can be seen everywhere in life, I care about every relatives and friends that have accompanied me in my life, I pray that everyone i know and everyone who knows me to be healthy and happy..... The good and the bad things that happened are all my life experiences. Hopefully 2013 will have more beautiful miracle. Happy new year, good morning 2013..
    (my 1st time translation, so it might not be perfectly accurate:eek:...)

And here's a picture of her during last year's Christmas
    http://t2.qpic.cn/mblogpic/c1b118aebad06766a40c/460

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

nice New Year's wish! :)

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks for the news. Still wondering if she can compete in badminton. Hope to see her back soon. Maybe at the All England?:)

16. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

I hope Wang Xin will play the national games. With Wang Xin, Bayi team has three aces, li xuerui, wang xin and jiang yanjiao, or Liu Xin will replace jiang yanjiao. Without Wang Xin, Bayi is seemed a little bit weak and nearlly no chance to win the champion since there are no goold double players in this team.

17. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    There is no other WS's player that I miss more than WX. Although LXR has amazing strengths, WX is a different kind of a bomb. How should I put this... she has spunk. That's right. Her play is very spunky. If you ask me, hey isn't TTY spunky too? Yes, but WX is more a classical type of spunk. A refined and highly tuned kind of spunk. Haha, I think some of you do not know what I mean right? WX is that perfect example of that girl that next door that you would never think to have possess such skills in badminton. Now that's just extraordinary SPUNKY!:cool:

#317 Pakito, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  18. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

Her movement when playing is so nice and smooth to watch... compared to her, other WS players look laboured

19. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

thought wang xin was injured.....has she recovered?

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, no news yet whether she can resume competitive badminton. Didn't see her name registered for the All England or German Open. Another world champion material from CHN , Wang Lin's the other one, whose career is put on the line due to severe injury.

Wang Xin,just like Wang Lin, is forced to 'just let it be or go with the flow or leave it to Fate', whatever. Another disadvantage is Wang Xin's age, about 27, while Wang Lin is nearly 24, slightly better should she persevere to make a comeback, against the odds for both of them.

I'm reminded of the legendary Zhao Jianhua who at the young age of 20 caught pneumonia and was told by the doctor he could never play competitive badminton again but he persevered until his retirement at around age 27 giving the world such wonderful badminton. Heaven knows, if not for his pneumonia which impaired his lung capacity, he might become so dominating that until today he could have been the only player I would ever used the term invincible to describe him, even more than for Lin Dan. Just in case you didn't know, Zhao Jianhua was coached and mentored by Grand Master Hou Jiachang whilst Lin Dan was by Grand Master Tang Xianhu, how fitting, great masters and great disciples.

Well, though ACL(anterior cruciate ligament) injury isn't the same as pneumonia but it can be just as debilitating, esp when it's recurrent as in Wang Lin's case. For Wang Xin, it's also ACL this time but her previous severe injury had to do with her lower back bone protrusion at the coccyx that occurred when she was only 17 which kept her off badminton for years. Therefore, I felt similarities among the three of them - ZJH, WX and WL - in that they all have or had to overcome almost insurmountable obstacles, proof that the human spirit can conquer major physical setbacks and limitations.

Is it then too far-fetched for me to hope for Wang Xin, and Wang Lin too, to make yet another comeback? I hope not and may we in due course see both or either of them back on court. JIAYOU !!!