Lee Chong Wei Get 'datuk' Title....

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by reiko80, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgbad

Sgbad Regular Member

bumming around
    Is it true that lcw is world number 1 now?

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Give LCW the Datuk title now will be the start of his downfall.

My 2sen.

3. mmnoor

mmnoor Regular Member

Everything seems to be going LCW's way.... Olympic Silver medallist (Gold would be much better), RM300,000 incentive, RM3,000 monthly pension, awarded a Datukship, World No 1. Early birthday present for him.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

:D:D part of it came out in the English press today :
    http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Friday/National/2328690/Article/pppull_index_html
    http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/8/22/nation/22142946&sec=nation

The ones that appeared in chinese press yesterday sounds like a bourne identity movie :
    According to what I heard (i cant read chinese, my chinese ed friends read the news to me- from Guang Ming & Nanyang), LCW already bought his plane ticket going back the normal way. told his family in Penang abt it.

His older bro & other family members were waiting for LCW at the Penang airport, along Penang state govern representatives. I'm not sure if Penang Chief Minister, Lim GE was there but you & I know which party Penang state represent.
    THey waited & waited & waited, no LCW, LCW had already arrived 1 hr earlier. Hp no line to call, LCW couldnt tell his family abt the change of plans.

Last minute, they whisked LCW off to take him in private plane together with the Sports Minister. Upon arrival, took him straight to Berapit in chaffeured car.
    Deputy PM presented the cheque. AND the BN candidate for PP was there was you've seen in Youtube.
    I think this was the part where LCW got :mad::mad::mad: & said dont use him to garner votes. And also todays english press you can see Lim GE slamming BN for "wasting public funds" taking LCW on private plane.

so..... it's very clear what's the tug a war is about, LCW caught in the middle. hopefully Victor, you wouldnt be too angry with LCW. One side is Penang CM, other side is Deputy PM, Sports Minister, all got power wan, some more than the other.

Hence, that's why my friends said "They kidnap LCW from the airport", the dude didnt know what happened till too late.:p:p:D

#104 eaglehelang, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I wonder what sort of privileges does a datuk get? Invitations to official functions, donations to special causes ....??? :confused:

6. eaglehelang

oh yeah, addition to the article Cooler posted on Misbun's wife, it appeared cos reporters asked her comments aft the Sports Minister announced they're giving Misbun RM50,000 to assist the wife's medical costs. Today, it's reported that the $$$ is going for wife's kidney transplant, both her kidneys has failed.

Hmm, LCW said he would hold charity events for a donation drive towards the cost of the operation, as appreciation to his beloved coach.

http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/Friday/Sukan/20080821231701/Article

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I can't understand the fuss about a Datuk title. Michelle Yeoh,ex-Bond girl, is also a Datuk.It's public recognition for some hard-earned international achievement in their case.What's wrong with that? Can anyone explain what privileges come with that title?
    But LCW getting ambushed for political purposes is silly. Did they really think he can pull in votes? In any case, it's important that LCW lets them know that every time he gets sidetracked politically,it can cost him a badminton title.That's a high price to pay.So if he doesn't know how to say 'No', maybe he can try and make the distractor decide by asking them,'Do you want me to win a badminton title or be part of your roadshow?' That would make them responsible for LCW's badminton outcome.

8. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    soon........... soon...........
    Permatang Pauh boleh...........!!:D:D:D
    Datuk Michelle Yeoh got it when she start to be part time retired. can be say, no longer active in acting. like 2 movies in 4 years.
    we do not object LCW getting Datuk. is just not the time yet......

hm....... current government paid him RM300k for the achievement. make it such a way, promotion fees ;)

9. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    PLEASE! DON'T INSULT THE INTELLIGENCE OF THE RAKYAT

Ensure his safety? Who in Malaysia wants to kill him? If anything he is a hero! Why the extra security after he won the medal? You mean people want to kill him because he won a medal? What kind of excuse is this?? :mad:

Wouldn't be stuck in a traffic jam? What the f*ck??? :mad::mad::mad: What has changed before he won the medal and after? Now he Datuk cannot get stuck in traffic arr? :mad::mad::mad: Why the rush? Can't you make the presentation ceremony later? Have to rush to that particular place at the particular time. Why? Don't act like we are all stupids. :mad::mad::mad:

IF THIS DOESN'T SCREAM MISUSE OF POWER I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES. IF DOES DOESN'T SCREAM POLITICISING THE ISSUE I DON'T KNOW WHAT DOES!

But wait... the best part is coming...

Its just a FREAKING coincidence that he came back early. SO WHY WAS HE FLOWN BACK SPECIALLY IN A SPECIAL PLANE BEFORE THE GAMES HAVE ENDED? PLEASE DON'T INSULT OUR INTELLIGENCE!

What the hell? He can't travel in an entourage now? So now whenever LCW goes from one place to another and he has to travel with 'quite a number of people in his entourage' we have to use the jet? Since you said this event is just a coincidence and not political, so every time he has to travel in an entourage we have to use a RMAF jet?

The more I find out the more angry I get. The use of Defense Ministry facilities? The use of a private jet? What is happening to my country? :mad::mad::mad:

I don't think anyone could ever get fooled by the spin that the medal has not been politicized. Shame shame shame! PTUI!

10. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I don't think you should put too much weight on a Datuk title. Its worthless these days.... Maybe not worthless, nut can sell one for several thousand Ringgit...

Now arr, you find 10 people in Malaysia 8 of them might be Datuks. A worthless title. Just put your first name as Datuk. No one will even know the difference.

Unlike England's knighthood... you can go and find the queen anytime. How cool is that! :D:D:D:D

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

So Nicol David got datukship and she's part time retiring soon? Isn't RM300k for any Malaysian who wins silver? It's an OG08 incentive, not just for LCW.

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    LCW's datukship is unique. Who else among datuks get to have both title and money? Reigning world womens squash champion Nicol Davids seems to play just as well with her datukship. Maybe, this award will ensure LCW will not end up the way Cheah Soon Kit and Yap Kim Hock did, because this (Datukship) commands respect, and can be useful to LCW when he retires as many companies would want to appoint him as board chairman. Now if only they had awarded the same title to CSK/YKH, perhaps there would have been many LCWs around instead of just one. This is one way of looking at it.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

So why are you getting so worked up?
    BTW,maybe the last thing anyone should travel on is an RMAF or private plane.It's not the safest mode of air travel.(One high flying Spore CEO died in an air crash as an unofficial guest of INA Air Force recently.)

14. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I'm not worked up because of the Datuk, I'm worked up because the medal was brought to a political ceremony.

15. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    Misbun to Chong Wei (Misbun head down) : "Halo, Datuk, Is it ok that I ask you to do another 20 cross crout smashing. If you too tired let me know, its ok, no problem ahhh"

Misbun Thinking :rolleyes: : " Dun pray pray ohhh, Better be nice to Datuk LCW ohhh:eek:."

LCW thinking :rolleyes: : Haha , everytime i have to call you Coach, eehmmm.. Now you better call me Datuk LCW everytime you want me to do anything, and you better dont LCLY with DLCW , and hope you remember to hand me my drink everytime I am tirsty.

16. janicehyy

janicehyy Regular Member

i totally agreed with you. I have read Malaysiakini 2 days back. In the statement said that this BN used tactics to arranged the LCW schedule to awarded him "Datukship". So that can get more votes from Chinese in PP election to BN. I hate this politicians all, and the "white hair" some more make me vomit blood. He thought can speak mandarin mean can get more Chinese's vote. I tell you Chinese not stupid.

This make the LCW "Datukship" not valueable. Only part of the politicians tactic. After the election you think they(BN) still bother of LCW?

17. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

glad that you've picked up the deliberated typo, my hat not my head (a bit difficult to perform such act) and was traded in for a beer subsequently upgraded to dinner.

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    OOps....thats what I thought...hehe but you said " head"...anyway....;)

19. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Misbun should get the datukship also

Nowadays,datukship's value has decrease..I think over 50 ppl was awarded datukship every year..
    LCW will feel happy if they dun disturb him anymore after de election n he can pay more attention in his training...
    i think Misbun should be award by datukship also..it's unfair if only chong wei get the datoship!!:rolleyes::)

20. eaglehelang

Vching, my bro (if I can call you that) calm down, I counted 13 :mad: in your post. When I read the news, I was laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair.

Yikes, now you mentioned it, the Sports Minister was also in the plane, hehehe :D:D;).

The fuss in the media was because of the political overtunes, errr the politicians made a fuss. ANd just so happen, LCW's home state is runned by opposition party.

And yup, LCW did say something it seems, although the Deputy Prime Minister (2nd man in Msia after Prime Minister) was part of the scheme too. LCW's older bro was pissed too, I heard the bro pleaded with the media & politicians not to invite LCW to grace this event & that event. Basically to respect LCW's privacy & let him have his rest & training in peace.

Wondered what Misbun said to those politicians, if it was Rexy, he would have blown his top 10 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.