Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

What does "top in class" mean? Sorry for my ignorance.

2. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Sorry, I meant for my stroke type, neither the N90 nor the N70-II is best in the "heavy hitting" class/division.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Whats your favorite (as in, what do you hit the hardest with)? I'm curious, because for me, the N90 is the most powerful racket given enough time to adapt. I hit nearly as hard with my Braveswords though so I rather play with them because they're so much faster and more comfortable for me^^

4. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Kason F9, followed by Li Ning N55II.

5. chew85

chew85 New Member

Anyone tried the NEW Li-ning G-force Lite 3000/3200?

6. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

Just wondering if anyone has used the Yonex U-shaped grommets and the grommet strips on any of the Li-Ning racquets and do they fit?

7. lindanfan321

How's the N50 or N55II? Are they light and fast yet powerful enough? The N55II isn't quite popular it seems

8. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

N50 is a fast, whippy racket good for doubles, but will have less power. N55II doesn't get much attention on these forums, but several Chinese MD teams use it. It's more powerful and is still relatively speedy. I don't really like its paintjob though. It also felt rather heavy when I held one, though unfortunately I didn't get to play with it so it might play lighter.

9. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    N55II plays lighter than the N50. The N55II has a lot of power, but still is easy to move around.

10. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Interesting.
    I just know from swinging that N50 is very aerodynamic. I think it's because of its thin frame. It's really visible thinner than the frame of N55.
    I'd wonder how N50 performs in Singles. Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu are using N50, if I'm not wrong. So this so called whippy racket should be usuable for Singles?

N55-II seems also have a thinner frame than N55. But does someone know the difference in terms of power and control?

#830 Accordaz, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  11. BlueTornado

Dunno about the second question, but the N50 is an even balance to slightly head heavy, medium-stiff racket. Seems perfectly fine for singles to me. After all, racket choice is all up to personal preference.

12. BlueTornado

On a side note, the N80 and N36 are now listed on the Li-Ning USA distributor's website, but at the whopping price of 270 USD :eek: *gulp*

13. lindanfan321

That's expensive! Might as well wait for the prices to drop down if you are not in a hurry

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I wouldn't call any of the old N-series frames 'thin'. Also, the N55II play faster than the N50, the stiffer shaft is probably one of the reasons. With the soft shaft of the N50, I always feels there's kind of a delay when I play a really fast rally. With the N55II, there wasn't. It's frame is shaped differently than the first gen, but that's all I can say as it's been a while since I tested it :)
    And wasn't WZM using the N55? Didn't see any of his latest matches though.

15. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Yes, I also notice those two rackets on the Canadian site as well, they do seem overpriced in North America, I got both of mine for much less than that... Even if you factor in shipping...

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Yay! I've borrowed LN N80 and Victor MX-80. I'm quite excited to test them.
    Honestly, I'm really happy with my main racket N55. But I'm looking for a replacement for the stiff Arc10PG, which I've broken last weekend :(

First impression: MX-80 is extremely stiff and its shaft seems to be THICK. I've never seen such a thick shaft before on a high end racket.
    MX-80 feels also heavy. But by swinging you can notice very well that the racket isn't that head heavy like VT80, etc.

About the N80 I just can say: It looks damn good :D The frame design is very interesting. It looks and feels like a improved Bravesword-Design.

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Please let us know your findings :D

18. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    hi, just want to ask how about li ning ROCKS 520 series ? i was offered with RM 257 (USD 86) anyone tried this racket yet ?

19. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Last Sunday, I had an opportunity to play with the Li Ning N36. It was a nice looking racket, boxed shape frame and head light. I just had a few rackets with me, but the balance is about the same as the Yonex Nanoray 700 FX. He used a different brand grip, so I don't know if that made a lot of difference, but it's surely a head light racket. It was strung with Yonex BG66 Ultimax at about 10,5 kg. Most special about this racket are the vent holes in the frame to reduce air resistance. The inside of these holes are very thin, so I hope it will not have any durability problems when getting older or playing doubles. It's also a very flexible racket. Even more flexible than the Yonex Nanoray 700 FX.

The racket is not very powerful due to it's head light design. I could generate more power out of the NR700FX. On the other hand, the racket requires more time to adapt to it. I'm used to even balanced to a little head heavy rackets with stiff shafts. It's not quite clear to me how to play with this racket. If you have a fast shot, head light rackets with stiff shaft will transfer most power to the shuttle. If you have a slower shot, a head heavy racket with a relatively flexible shaft can help generate more power. In this case, the head light balance is more suited for wrist playing, but the softer shaft for swing type. My friend is more kind of swing type player and as far as I can see, he's got more power out of it. I did not had any mishits, so timing is not a problem and the racket should be easy to play. Also clearing with the wrist was easy, but I had some problems timing the height with dropshots. At the net, it was a killer racket!

To me, this racket is more a doubles racket for fast reflexes and players who don't like head light stiff rackets. When the timing is right, I believe it can generate some decent power. I have the Li Ning N90 and N90-II, but the N36 is absolutely the opposite of these rackets.

20. lindanfan321

How does the N70 compare to the C7? Those who have tried it, are they really that similar? I have a C7 but would give the N70 a miss if there are no real differences between the two.