Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. sudhirkota

sudhirkota New Member

li-ning aeroflo

i understand aeroflo is an older one but i saw a 2004 aeroflo in a shop....can anyone tell me if it is a good one plz....or suggest something in d same range

2. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

@CarbonexFan
    Thanks for the Review. That`s interesting, because in the Spec on the Li Ning page in Germany the Racket is rated as medium flex and with BP of 295 mm.
    How do you compare the swing speed of the N36 vs the 700FX?
    I am looking for a mid flex and balanced/slightly head light racket which is very fast [e.g. slim frame].

Regards to the Netherlands,
    Robin

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i bought a Li Ning G-Force Lite 3000 today for HK$520. I will pick it up tomorrow and try it out this weekend!!

4. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    Make sure to write a review! Seems like a promising racket!

5. Godmaster

Godmaster Regular Member

I've recently bought the Aeroflo Atlanta 1996. I understand that the Aeroflo has 1992,1996,2000,2004, and Super version. It is quite the lightweight and provides me with fast responses during doubles play. Quite a value for $ racquet in my opinion. I am not sure if all racquets from this Aeroflo series are similar but i would think it's the case, other than the Super as it's more costly than the rest. Coming from a newbie who just started barely a month ago. :)

6. sudhirkota

sudhirkota New Member

thnx...am about test dis one...will let u know once i do...

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i picked up my Li-Ning G-Force Lite 3000 today and had it strung at 23/25 lbs. I hope i made the right decision.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i tried out my G-Force Lite 3000 today. It is very very light. But there is no stiffness. The shaft is too soft. Smash not that good (but maybe it's because I am using BG-66UM at 23/25lbs). I will try it again in a few days. i don't know.

9. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

That's why I don't look at numbers. I take rackets in my hand and look for a Yonex racket which comes close since a lot of players know Yonex and take it as reference. The balance can easily be measured by taking them together and compare the balance. I do not give numbers in this, because it doesn't say anything to me and it can easily be altered. Maybe it's not head light to Li Ning, but the balance is the same as the Nanoray 700FX.

As for the swing speed, I can feel some drag from the frame. If you take two rackets with the same balance but one with a boxed shape and one with a aerodynamic frame, you just notice the aerodynamic frame has little air resistance. Also, the timing is different. I really don't know the specs of the N36 racket. If you want to compare with Yonex, it's a headlight not stiff racket. If you are looking for a mid flex head light racket, this racket will fall in this category. A mid flex balanced racket, would be like the Arcsaber 7?

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Arc7 is only borderline balanced, bordering on head light tbh. The only thing making it feel at least a little bit head heavy is the boxy, un-aerodynamic frame (which, despite the boxy design, is rather weak).
    All in all not a great racket imop - although to be fair it's design is rather old, and racket technology has come a long way since then (better carbon and better frame shapes).

11. Robin76

Robin76 Regular Member

Thanks for your rating.

I also think the Arc 7 would not be fast enough for me.
    I may be should compare 700FX vs. Victor BS12 and may be the Kason F9.

The Nanospeed 9900 e.g. has the perfect manoeuvrability, but is too stiff for my shoulder....

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you like the NS9900's speed, the BS12 might actually be a little too fast for your taste. It's also a lot more flexible. If you can, test it first - and compare to the BS11/BS LYD, those should be a bit head heavier and closer to the NS9900 in speed...

13. jamaljenkins

jamaljenkins Regular Member

Student.
    I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but how would you compare the stiffness of Li Ning rackets to Victor/Yonex rackets? Because from what I've heard, medium for Li Ning is as stiff (or stiffer) than stiff Yonex rackets.

14. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I just can tell you about stiffness from N50-II, N55 and Arc10.
    Stiff from Arc10 really means stiff. It's not very stiff, but stiff, perfectly described by Yonex.

Medium from N50-II means medium. Its really not stiff, but not flex, so really medium :D
    Medium from N55 is between medium and stiff. But maybe towards to medium? Lets say:
    If medium is 5/10 and stiff 7.5/10 in stiffness, I'd rate N55 between 6 and 6.5 out of 10.

I hope it helps :D

#854 Accordaz, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The declarations of Li Ning are generally correct, a medium racket will be medium - although that is a broad spectrum, they're usually not as stiff as a racket declared as stiff (no matter which manufacturer). There are a few mislabeled rackets now and again, e.g. the Arcsaber Z-Slash (which, despite being labeled stiff, is in the 'medium' spectrum), but generally speaking, Li Ning stiff isn't really different from Yonex stiff. You'll also have to note that a racket's head heaviness influences how stiff the racket feels - with anything else exactly the same, a racket with a heavier head will feel more flexible than one with a lighter head as the extra mass acts as kind of a counter weight.
    Part of the reason why the N90 doesn't feel as stiff as it is and why the NS9900 feels so hard.
    Oh, and there are very soft medium-rated Li Ning rackets - the N50, for example, is borderline flexible while the N55-II felt more like a 6.5-7/10.

16. sdgon

sdgon Regular Member

j4kie,

I know you like BS 12 and have tried N50 II. Can you cmpare these two rachets? Which one is more powerful and faster? How about stiffness? Thanks.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

2 worlds. They're very different in weight and having a similar balance point, the N50II swings much heavier. The Bs12 is way faster, and the stiffness is not all that different.
    How much power you get out of them depends entirely on your technique and if you're used to them - I've been using the N50II/N70 for a while now and am pretty comfortable with them again. Thus, I get very little power out of the Bs12 as it's so much lighter.
    When I was using the Bs12 only, I got much more power out of it as I couldn't get the timing down correctly with the N50II and it felt sluggish in comparison.

So - both rackets are very powerful in their own right. For the Bs12 you'll need a quick swing and the timing and technique are a little more important, whereas the N50II is a little more forgiving due to its higher weight and will not rely on your fingers and pronation as much.

18. sdgon

sdgon Regular Member

Thank you, J4ckie. I am 100% with you on power generation ofthe racket.
    I am going to buy a LiNing racket as a backup of my currentMX60. I am an aggressive double player. I prefer to play in the front, butsometimes I play more at the back court depending on my partner. I want an all-roundracket but powerful on smash like MX60. MX60 fit me very well due to its goodcombination of smash power and swing speed. Which LiNing racket is similar asMX60 (BP 295, weight 85-89g, and medium stiff)? How about N50 II?
    BTW, I have a VT 80. it is too hard for me. The head heavy andstiff shaft killed me. My arm hurts after 2 hours play. Nano Speed 9900 and KasonF9 are not powerful enough for me.
    Any suggestions?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You got a Kason F9? As far as I know that's basically a N50II....on the other hand, the Mx60 is significantly less heavy than the N50II. If available, try the N50 or N55II. Personally, I really enjoyed the N55II when I had it over for testing, and hadn't it been for the huge price difference between it and the Bs09, it would've become my go-to racket then. For me, it was maneuverable, powerful, not too hard....just a balanced and -for me- perfect racket. I don't know if it'll be as quick as the Mx60, but I'm rather certain it's more powerful once you've adjusted properly.
    In comparison, the N50 is more flexible and sometimes creates a 'delay' when you wanna hit the shuttle quickly.

20. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

F9 is certainly not a N50ii. F9 is lighter overall and flexier than the N50ii, so they play quite differently. N50ii is pretty heavy and it feels more like a 2U, but still worth a try since you do not consider F9 powerful enough. I would agree with j4kie on the N55ii. It is a great all rounder with good power once you adapt to its needs