Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Since when is Datuk not brave? Did he ever chicken out of playing LD?

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Wait! Let me try and understand.

1. Who and why was CBSL created? To suss out new talent and provide excuse for CHN to skip SS tournaments? LD was present in CBSL so cannot play SS.

2. Now LD cannot play CBSL because of commercial shooting? Wow, those commercial people must be so fully booked they cannot delay a week so badminton fans can have another dream match, this time right in CHN? Or LD s saying endorsements' more important than his support for CBSL? Why is LD running away when LCW is ready to play?

3. BWF changing rules forcing LD to play SS and SSP? How is LD gonna get enough points to qualify or be seeded No 2 for Olympics if he does not play SS?

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Lee Chong Wei was not disappointed over not getting to play against Lin Dan

In a way I agree with you. :):):)

We read that Lee Chong Wei was not disappointed over not getting to play against his arch-rival Lin Dan.

Reading between the lines in this article tells me so;

Source: http://www.bam.org.my/index.php?opt...league-outing&catid=46:latest-news&Itemid=181

Lee Chong Wei wows fans in China Super League outing

Monday, 21 Mar 2011
    By CHOW HOW BAN

Two-time All-England champion Lee Chong Wei completed his four-day trip here with two fine wins for the Guangzhou Yueyu in the China Badminton Super League.

On Thursday, he overcame Du Pengyu of Zhejiang Yinjiang for a 14-21, 21-19, 21-10 win in the fourth match of the best-of-five mixed team format. But Guangzhou Yueyu lost the tie 2-3.

In the tie against Bayi Dongling Liangyou on Saturday, Chong Wei benefited from the absence of Lin Dan. He gave youngster Luo Cheng a lesson in his 21-10, 21-9 win.

Crowd puller: Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei is mobbed by autograph-seeking badminton fans at the Tianhe Gymnasium in Guangzhou on Saturday.

The Guangzhou Yueyu, who also signed up other big names, including Taufik Hidayat, Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong, won 5-0.

Chong Wei said that he was not disappointed over not getting to play against his arch-rival Lin Dan.

“He could not play because he has commercial shoot obligations. Moreover, the match schedule of the league is quite tight and we would have to prepare for the Olympic Games’ qualifications that will begin in May,” he said.

Chong Wei has described Guangzhou as his second home as he has many friends in the city and has played many important matches at the Tianhe Gymnasium.

Courtesy of The Star.

#5543 chris-ccc, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    extended euphoria... go sleep la.... lol. ;)

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    This is professional badminton, not social recreational badminton and unlike business with risks and rewards, in pro baddy, you gotta be very good to make it big. After all, when a player retires, what they make today in a short career, is what they get. So, why not go all out to win as much $$$ as possible, after all, a cup or a medal does not buy you a cup of teh tarik. It is the $$$ that buy you the bimmer and GTR;).
    And if the player doesn't perform, they become a yo-yo joke among fans. And when the player wins, fans kiss their butt all the way, including politician showering them with gifts and title and what-nots, and BC fans adoring/defending them including those banned and present, and some even go to the extent of naming themselves after the player;):D.
    If I am not mistaken, Datuk is the most successful baddy player in MAS history and he is very fortunate to play in MAS with all the MAS govt backing, even to the extent that the PM's wife is a patron of the game. In previous posts I made, I said except for Datuk, TBH/KKK, they are many MAS players who made nothing and when they retire from the game, they face reality of finding a real job.

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Nobody, including myself, would disagree with you. Datuk earns his rewards the hard and honest way, i.e. he is very good in what he does and he works super hard for it, and I have said that many many posts before.
    I was playing last week and my friends who never follow BC came up to me and said, 'hey, your MAS player LCW beat LD' and that was in HK TV that my friends saw...that recognition for MAS is priceless, I agree with you. As for politicians selling their stuff...err...dude, let's not go there, may be ala sensitive and get yourself banned;):D

7. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LCW and ND, ahhh...no question, they earn it the hard way, they sweat for it. As for politicians earning lots of $$$ and some become billionaire when their reported income is RM100K annually, well, you know, I know, everyone know lah..shhhhh!!!;):)

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Engineer is a dime a dozen, honestly, after all a University produces tons of graduates each and every year. In pro sports, one has to be the best to make it truly big like Datuk or LD or TH. And these trio is unique that their countries till today cannot find capable replacements despite all the heavy funding investments. And there are plenty of way less successful players in MAS who having played a whole career is going nowhere, and that includes Spore players too.

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Aiya, relax....I am just joking:D....also, I misread Chris posts, you know, old age, eyes cannot see too well, can only see good looking chicks, needs reading glass to read these BC thingies:D....Chris said 'Datuk NOT disppointed LD missing...and I misses the 'NOT' thingie:crying:

10. flite

flite Regular Member

Haha LOL. A very unique and diplomatic style of posting especially when it comes to political, monies and chicks issues.

The older the coconut, the more milk it has. Of course I am not saying you old uncle OTB.:D:)

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Oh, I am oldER and one way to go...downhill. On the plus side, I am nearing retirement and can go on a cruize without giving a damn of my next project. As for old coconut having more milk, the young ones are better, tender and soft...;):D

12. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LD has stated that CBA identify LCW the threat to CHN OLY12 gold. LCW vrs LD, in skills etc, we are splitting hair as who is better. LCW mental game is a suspect before (how many games LCW lost to LD in that department, we have seen before) and LD bodyguards provide the added assist.
    KO11, LD won on the last 4 pts in the rubber set, in AE11, LCW beat LD 2-0. In a match between these 2, an edge here and there tilts the game either way. I think LD would not play LCW unless LD is ready and in CBSL, I don't think LD is ready as another loss would lift LCW mental game even higher.
    In KO and AE, CHN unloaded her entire MS players in this open tournaments, still LCW did not lose a single set to any CHN players except LD. Come OLY, where the limit is 2 players, it will be even harder to guarantee a CHN gold, esp if LD will to lose to LCW right after the AE loss. The MAS harimau becomes even tougher and braver.
    So, LD avoiding LCW in meaningless CBSL and LCW not disappointed (means happy) that LD not playing, that is a right call in my opinion. LCW gets paid big bucks to put on an exhibition and gets to check out those chinese girls...win-win for both players:D;):p

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    still talking..? lets go teh tarik... ;)

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    When & where will that be ? Can we get together? To be fair, it has to be in icy cold place unless you have enough supporters in these two fellas' home soil.

Now so long ago, it was you. Now, you are like a veteran.

15. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    lol, eagle pretty sums up what I want to share...

16. Many Ch0icez

Many Ch0icez Regular Member

Student
    whats up with his ready stance, I want to know why he is positioned like that and not racket up?

17. visor

visor Regular Member

Huh? What you mean? Pic?
    AFAIK his receiving stance is standard for singles players. Because at the pro level, they mostly serve low.

18. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    'Yuan' talks, lah!
    Even if he is fined Usd10k and suspended for 2 tournaments , that's nothing compared with what he gets from a commercial shoot.
    The guy is resilient and can win matches like nobody's business and often he will reach the final of most tournaments he competes in, whether he is seeded 6th or 3rd.
    That happened in the 2011 KO and the AE.
    The thing is he is a big star and badminton enthusiasts want to see him play just as tennis followers wanted to see John McEnroe play despite their 'negative' traits.
    They draw/drew the crowds which generate revenue and that is what sport is all about.
    :D:D:D

19. malaysiaboleh

malaysiaboleh Regular Member

manager
    ha..ha..want to hear some joke.

science lcw get his datoship..no fear to china player anymore...why ? cause b4 tht lcw mean let china win.. now with the datuk mean don't let china win.funny

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Hmm, with so much advantages u know.. why when u were young u are not considering playing for Mas just like our datuk now?:D
    Or maybe u are not good enough?? LOL:p