APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Trying my luck !

Anyone here just got his/her AMP90 or AMP95 but found it wasnt suitable for them ? I just got my VH1800 but just now having session and play with AMP90 it straightly gave me first good impression, so Im looking for trade with my few hours session old VH1800. Anything just pm me ok. Location is Malaysia.

If not then I think I sell it off but unfortunately Owen has no stock already for AMP90/95. Hurmm... thinking thinking.

chongkiatz, do let me know how does the VH1800 play after you have your AMP90 for a while aite, wanna hear the comparison from you too.

2. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    mizi, so fast ar? :D Smitten by the AMP90 eh? :D:D:D
    I am hunting for another racket......;)

3. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

sorry brother....it's hard to let me get Karakal here....so i have no chance to try karakal...for Apacs i only tried AMP90 , ES10 only...both racket awesome...but i more like AMP90...VH1800 will be the next racket to try...haven't strung yet because dunno wann go BG66 or BG80...will try BG80 tmr with AMP90 =D

4. mizivincible

Jordan, ur going for another racket ? So will you keep your AMP90 or selling it off ? You know who to call if you decide to letting it go right ? :D:D:D

I got better gameplay yesterday with the VH1800 but seriously the AMP90 venom is kicking in.

5. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    Guyz. Sony Dwi Kuncoro, Indonesia is using nano 900 power on Super Series Master Final 2008? I seen it at apacs website. How many people realize it? I believe Sony Dwi string tension will be more that 30lbs. So is that mean nano 900 power can stand above 30lbs tension?

6. gumpy_999

gumpy_999 Regular Member

He is using a clonex??? sad times... =(

7. findecano1

findecano1 Regular Member

Customer Service Exec
    Hehehe, yeah another one or maybe a pair since there's promotion :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Looking for stiff slimmer shaft racket with Power Armor System or something equivalent(but not Yonex, can't afford it), AMP90 have that so maybe that's why it is powerful (for me that is). Measured AMP90 shaft is around 7.5 or 7.6mm in diameter compared to Cab 21SP 7mm. Most probably be doing my survey in Pertama Complex and hopefully Bangi as well on Xmas eve.

Sorry to disappoint you AMP90 is for keeps at the moment :p but shall I have a change of mind you will definitely have it.

Honestly, VH1800 feels too flexible for me (almost whip like) when trying it out the other day and I can't really feel the birdy hitting the strings where it should be a good feel with BG66 at 26lbs. The anti vibration thingy is definitely working!!

8. mizivincible

I see, you are going around scouting for new racket ? I think I wanna tag along too. Still have soft spot for AT700 but wallet not allow me to.

9. leachimeewg

leachimeewg Regular Member

No worries Bro,

I just got the ES10
    Thanks!

10. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Did i already answer your question before you ask :D
    it's just temporary. PBSI lack of fund so player can go to the tournament by own sponsor / money :D

11. t0rNaDoS

t0rNaDoS New Member

may i know u bought your ES10 from where? and the price u paid for it?
    interested to get 1 as well..

thanks.

12. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

you should find easily in Singapore ...... price sometimes depend on your bargain-skill.

13. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  14. chongkiatz

just trying out the VH1800....seriously...this is a great racket =)..i dunno why ppl say can't feel the shuttle when hit...but i do drop , net nicely....and i FEEL the shuttle very well =D.

when starting...the racket is feel weird....can't give a powerful shoot....but after 2 games....the feeling is getting well...in the middle i changed back to AMP90...yes perform as what i expect...play well with AMP90.....and last few games i changed back to VH1800....YES...drop , net , base-line , smash is done well automatic.......can't comment much on VH1800 because stil haven't fully used....but VH1800 defense is not really great....hard to PUSH the ball to base-line while AMP90 is more friendly...

Will try on this friday again...hope can find more thing about VH1800..otherwise VH1800 will be my backup racket only >.<

15. leachimeewg

Hi Chiongkiatz!

I got the ES10.. strung at 24/25 tension racket feels light.. great on net play.. unfortunately.. not that easy to hit baseline to baseline.. any suggestions? Should I be stringing the tensions lower to 20-22?

16. leachimeewg

price definately less than 100 lol.. freebies or anything depends on you.
    Shop at Bras Brasah ground level.

:D

17. chongkiatz

hi leachimeewg...what is ur previous tension?? What is ur level by the way?? if u are from begginer to a begginer +....then 24/25 tension is too high for u...but if u from begginer+ to a intermedia then i think this tension won't be too high...or maybe u need to lower down to 22/24...

and before this u can make base-to-base by other racket??

for me...i like very Thin handle...so my BP normally will be higer and my head will be abit heavy...the place i don't like for ES10 is too light...4U really light >.<...but the balanced of the racket is well =)...if apacs could make 3U Even Balanced ES10 with 40 or 50 tonnes shaft or maybe make it more solid...then it will be my main weapon =)

18. leachimeewg

Hi chongkiatz, I dunno how to clasify myself.. more like rusty intermediate.. outta game for 17 years. My buddy who used it also had abit of problems with hitting baseline to baseline.

Used my buddy's Carbonex 8 and that it was a different story, I believe that its due to the tension on his racket which is prolly around 22 and the carbonex being heavier on the head.

I'm thinking of maybe re-stringing.. but the light weight of the racket makes it great to move around esp on doubles play. I also mentioned that the net play was much better.

I realized I kept hitting the top end of the frame.. my friend said that maybe the racket's abit too light and I subconciously have not adapted.. hence my movement is faster then the actual shuttle reaching..

*shrugs*

19. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    ES10 is pretty light and at most even balance or even head light, definitely unlike the racquet it looks like.

You may need lower tension in order to hit further and with regards to hitting the top of the frame, you just need to use it more. Try performing clear drills to get the timing correct.

20. chongkiatz

maybe u need to use for more few time...because base-to-base is not a problem for me...clear is abit problem for me with ES10...but if the taiming good the clear stil can go to the base...so u have to adjust the taiming =)....taiming correct = powerful shoot