Shuttles similar to Yonex AS-50?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by dawei94, Sep 10, 2009.

1. bennychenxm

bennychenxm Regular Member

sales
    if you buy in bulk, you can find some good quality shuttlecock from China, you know there are many factory can produce good goose shuttlecock with high stability, YONEX 50 in china market, is around 23USD, just try to find good way for your play.

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Should have read this before getting the RSL#1. Bad mistake. These are really bad. Flight was okay for the first few strokes but durability totally sucks. Becomes inconsistent quite fast and hardly last a few hard smashes -- feather or cork gets damaged too easily. We used 3 shuttles in 1 of our 21pt set when we can use a single EG1130 for at least 3 sets. IOW, the RSL is worth at most 1/3 the price of the EG to break even.

You are right it's not even comparable to Aeroplane SG or ChaoPai purple.

3. aamir

aamir Regular Member

coach
    snowpeakbadminton.com

I think you should try snow peak or the London Feather House shuttles

4. Bad_Chick

Bad_Chick New Member

cashier
    D&A RED i think they go for 20 bucks and they are just like yonex as-50 if not better.

5. badder

badder Regular Member

D&A Red is good, but not as good as AS-50. As far as what I have, the durability is not top grade.

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Well, we've debated this subject for some time and yet we can't agree there is a shuttle on the market as good as Yonex AS50.

What's available in one country has never been seen in another.

They do say that quality doesn't come cheap. That said, we all have to evaluate based on value for money. Some people will pay less and yet use 2-3 times as many shuttles. Usually this means they could have used AS50 and probably got a better deal.

Most of the cheaper shuttles when discarded are totally spent and good for nothing. At least with AS50 you can still use them for training.

Personally, I would love to use AS50 but have decided to settle for AS30, a kind of middle ground. I've tried so many shuttles and had poor experiences. Some are too slow, some fluff up too quickly, some are too brittle (and they were stored correctly) - the list goes on.

I'd love to try some of the makes you've mentioned. Don't want to import them into the UK and pay tax on them. The tax alone may price them outside of Yonex prices anyway.

But, it proves that along with racquets, shoes etc it's all about personal taste and judgement.

Maybe it's a good thing that we're all different. Otherwise there would only be one brand in the badminton universe and the prices may go up again!

To your success

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

7. PapA_xlonG

PapA_xlonG Regular Member

Student
    badder from Zhong Yu Zai Xian :eek::D