Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Ok, we have 40 MS qualified, according to rule 3.3.3.2;

Top 4 seeds are in groups of 1; and the other 12 groups will have 3 players each that made a total of 40.

And we have 46 WS qualified, with that we have

top 2 seeds in groups of 2; and
    the rest 14 groups with 3 each.
    Total of 46

so, if fat boy is preparing LCW for group matches he better has his Plan B ready

#8261 AlanY, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    hmm... sorry, I am still very confused.

http://www.bwfbadminton.com/file_download.aspx?id=347510&tid=1

"3.3.3.1. The seeded players shall be placed at top of each group as follows:
    a) No. 1 placed at the top of Group A
    b) No. 2 placed at the top of Group P
    c) No. 3 and 4 drawn by lot at the top of Groups E and L.
    d) No. 5 to 8 drawn by lot at the top of Group C, G, J and N.
    e) No. 9 to 16 drawn by lot at the top of the remaining groups.

3.3.3.2. The remaining players shall be drawn in groups as follows:
    a) 16 players in step 5 shall be drawn by lot with one player into each of the 16 groups.
    b) The remaining players shall be distributed in groups by lot in a step by step manner in the serial order until all players in the draw are placed (Step 6 to 8).
    "

There is also a table after these two rules.

[​IMG]

So, the four seeds will go to the following Groups:

No. 1 -> A
    No. 2 -> P
    No. 3 -> E (or L)
    No. 4 -> L (or E)

And there should be four players in each of the above four Groups. Right? View attachment 124910

#8262 pcll99, Jun 27, 2012
  3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Yes, you're right.
    I'm still using the old table dated 18 June 2010

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon

ar, thanks..

well, i guess with only 40 players, there is a chance that LCW may have only one other player at his Group A.

btw, AlanY, may I have a look at the old table and rules of 18 June 2010? the current rules are full of drafting errors and inconsistency.

#8264 pcll99, Jun 27, 2012
  5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i will post it later. can't do it on my phone

6. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

you can find it here

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1h-Y2fdTl08NDlhLUYtMkNlVGs

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yeah, that s the problem with MAS coaches. They don t even understand the OG rules. And if only light training is possible, the part to focus on is do maximum video homework on opponents. But that is absolutely tedious and thinking work. It s tough for MAS. They don t even know where to start. Amazing LCW wins matches against intensively prepared opponents at all!

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    err.... do i miss anything?

btw, how is our Dato recently?

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Here you go :

Courtesy of The Star :

No more Olympics after London Games, says Chong Wei
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: World No. 2 Lee Chong Wei let out a hearty laugh when asked whether he would try for the next Olympic Games in 2016 if he fails to fulfil his ambition of winning a gold in London.

“No, please, no more Olympics. London is my last,” said the 29-year-old in between chuckles.

“I may stay around until the next Asian Games (2014) at the most. There could be one more Thomas Cup Finals and the World Championships. I don’t know whether I can handle it if I get injured again.”

It was the first time in weeks that Chong Wei was in such a jovial mood after limping out with an ankle injury at the Thomas Cup Finals in Wuhan last month. The injury has hampered his chances of gold in London but Chong Wei has obviously come to terms with it.

[​IMG]
    Driving force: World No. 2 and National Champion Lee Chong Wei (fourth from the left) showing the 1Malaysia sign to the pixmen after hosting lunch for the members of the media yesterday. Also present (from left) men’s singles coach Rashid Sidek and Tey Seu Bock, mixed doubles coach Jeremy Gan, BAM secretary Ng Chin Chai, Wong Ah Jit, men’s doubles coach Pang Cheh Chang and head coach for the doubles team Tan Kim Her. — Bernama

Yesterday, he invited members of the media for a frank chat over lunch. When told that he was probably one of the first to host such a function before an Olympic Games, he jokingly said: “Maybe that’s because I’m the richest athlete you know.”

Chong Wei is certainly feeling good again although he is still not at his best yet. His renewed optimism is, however, a good sign ahead of his third, and final, Olympic Games.

“With less than 30 days to go there has been improvement to the ankle but I hope to recover even faster,” said Chong Wei, who has been deemed 70% better in terms of his movement on court in training.

The injury has certainly upset his chances of winning the country’s first ever Olympic gold. When asked about ending his career without any majors, Chong Wei said it was difficult to compare one player with another.

“You can’t win it all. Taufik Hidayat hasn’t won the All-England while Peter (Gade-Christensen) hasn’t won the world title or the Olympics. It all boils down to the player’s determination. I will be satisfied with my career, knowing that I have given my best in every tournament.”

Lin Dan is probably the only one to have won it all, with the exception of the Malaysian Open Super Series which has been Chong Wei’s domain.

Chong Wei has been the country’s most successful player and the world’s most consistent in terms of performances in Super Series events over the last four years. This saw him holding the world No. 1 ranking for a long spell, losing it to Lin Dan only last week after skipping the Singapore and Indonesia Opens.

“I’m not disappointed as it was expected when I missed the last two Super Series events. It doesn’t matter whether I’m No.1 or No. 2 as I’m more concerned about my preparation for the Olympics. “

Chong Wei said he was enjoying the contrasting build-up in comparison to Beijing 2008.

Then, just months before the Games, Chong Wei had thrashed Lin Dan in the Thomas Cup Finals and looked good to win the country’s first gold medal as he was in superb condition. But there was heartbreak as Lin Dan easily beat Chong Wei in the final.

“Now, I’m not fully fit. It isn’t easy to come out of an injury but I’m doing all I can – especially to be mentally ready. I was the centre of attention prior to the Beijing Games but the pressure is less this time. Maybe, this low key preparation will be good for me,” added Chong Wei, who is quietly hopeful of making his last Olympic hurrah count.

#8270 nokh88, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ..and another one, from NST :

BADMINTON: Gold target still there
    By K.M. BOOPATHY | boopathy@nst.com.my

BA of Malaysia (BAM) secretary Ng Chin Chai has confirmed that the association's one gold target in the Olympics remains but has assured Lee Chong Wei that the pressure is not on him alone to work towards the objective in London.

Mixed pair Chan Peng Soon (left) and Goh Liu Ying have the potential to go for Olympic gold, according to BA of Malaysia secretary Ng Chin Chai.

Chin Chai said BAM's target was set two years ago and nothing has changed despite Chong Wei's ankle injury as he feels that men's doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong or mixed pair Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying have what it takes to battle for gold in London.
    The only player who could be out of her depth is women's singles Tee Jing Yi who is unlikely to get past the group stage. "The target is still one gold. BAM is not going to change that because it was set two years ago and every player, not Chong Wei alone, must try hard to achieve it. We can't put too much pressure on Chong Wei," said Chin Chai.
    "Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Peng Soon-Liu Ying also have a chance. As for Chong Wei, we can prepare him but it will be entirely up to him on how well he can perform in London."
    Chong Wei, who is happy with the rate of recovery over the last four weeks, said the injury is a blessing in disguise as his main rivals will be in the dark regarding his progress after missing several tournaments the last two months.
    Chong Wei also lost his World No 1 ranking last week after holding it for three years and 11 months but the Malaysian said there is less pressure as he goes into the tournament ranked behind major rival Lin Dan of China.
    "My rivals are unsure of my progress and keeping them guessing will only help my cause," said Chong Wei at Juara Stadium.
    "Before the last Olympics, I beat Lin Dan in the Thomas Cup and everyone started seeing me as a gold medal prospect for the Beijing Olympics. Three months later, Lin Dan came back strongly to beat me in the final.
    "With the injury, the pressure will not be on me. I am just focused on my progress and I am confident I will recover fully soon."
    Chong Wei added: "There is not much difference between the world's top two so it has not affected my confidence (losing the No 1 ranking). The priority is the Olympics and not the ranking right now.
    "Different players have different strengths so it is hard to compare players. Even if I don't win in London, I will continue playing until 2014 where I want to go for the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games gold and there is also next year's World Championships."
    Lin Dan is set to retire after the London Olympics while Chong Wei's fortunes over the next two years will depend on how well he keeps himself in shape.

Read more: BADMINTON: Gold target still there - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/badminton-gold-target-still-there-1.99621#ixzz1z9xDy86S

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I worry that he might get booted out in qtr finals or semis. ;) Everyone will be on top form then. ;)

13. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    If he is up against Lee Hyunil/ShonWanHo, i worry he will give them a walkover

14. flite

flite Regular Member

After all fat boy got it right this time around. His information is up to date unlike those expired ones.;)

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lee chong wei announce to married next year
    and she is a player

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^if..^^

..i see her cozy-ing up with LCW during the OG, then i'll know who she is..or maybe the answer will be revealed sooner?..:confused::cool:

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

:D :D .............what a misleading post !! :D

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I hope it is Vivian

20. limsy