Yonex ArcSaber Flash Boost ( ARC FB )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by yan.v, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Mohammad Ahsan Used FB won the world (Championship 2013, and recently still stick with Yonex FB and won the All England recently. I just want try it out...

For the above brother asking about 5u and 6u./F racket.

5U means racket 75g - 79g
    F/6U: means 70-74g.

I believe most people break with 6U rackets as its too light.

2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    He had a ZF

3. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi bro dbswansea: who has a Zf. means Z force ?

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    In Yonex nomenclature :

F = 73gm
    F is not 6U per se though F being 73gm is in the 6U range.

5. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

I broke my Virtuoso 30 last Sat when it hit the floor surface. And it's 77gms @ 25lbs. Anyone getting a FB better be careful or put even lower tension to avoid instant heartbreak....

6. shahasra

shahasra New Member

student
    What tension did you guys use on the fb?

7. jh1989

jh1989 Regular Member

mines a 5u. asked for 22lbs but my friends reakon its higher than that. using 66um

8. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    Mine's been strung at 26 since it came out. Restrung probably 5-6 times already.

9. firdooze

firdooze Regular Member

broke my 6U strung at 26lbs. :(

10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Does anyone compare this FB to Karakal BN60 which dry-weight only 71gr with recommended tension 28-30Lbs written on the frame?

11. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi guys, any of you know where in Singapore still sells FB 5U, most shops no more . Just called up queensway last week , also no more ?

12. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

I don't have a fb but I have a bn60 and strung at 28lbs. No issue for me nor any damage to the frame.

13. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

Hi guys,just want to check for the spec 5U, is it only available on JP code or is it also available in other code such SP, TH, TW code?thanks.

14. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Is available in SP code as well

15. zaviour

zaviour Regular Member

Ow okay... thanks for the info...

16. firdooze

firdooze Regular Member

Where can I find 5u sp code FB??

17. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

Tw code has 5U

18. miliano23

miliano23 New Member

Yonex ArcSaber FB JP Coded 5u/G4 BG66UM-24lbs.My history with ArcSaber FB4 session "2 hours each" with this racket and it's broken!I have heard allot of comments on this racket that it is fragile for the F or 6u so I got myself a 5u from JAPAN "JP coded" instead and hope it will be much better. But my stubbornness cause me this time.3rd session.With just a slight collision with another racket at 3 or 9 o'clock of the frame. A very fine hairline is visible after the collision and I though maybe is just a crack at the paint job. I told myself "thank god it was not broken". I continue playing and it seems there is no problem with the racket.4th session.The death of my ArcSaber FB begin. I was playing as usual but this time I have a miss hit from a strong smash "back court" and SNAP! I though I broke the string and when I look at my racket it twisted. F--k!!!. The miss hit cause me this time and I think the shuttle might have hit at the crack line or near to it that broke the racket. They goes my $$$....Conclusion is - it is still a fragile racket to go for a 5u.No worries still under warranty. First Claim.I tried to have it claim with the help of my friend from Japan which he help me to bought it from a well known online dealers website. However without telling them I have a collision, they somehow able to check that this racket was collided with something else. "NOT able to claim due to not manufacturing fault". Same clause from the Yonex website. End of the road? No more hope and say bye bye to my Arc FB in the dustbin. Second Claim.Lucky I got a good fried. He told me that he will try to claim from YONEX HQ "Tokyo". Same conclusion which they manage to check that there is a collision on the racket. BUT they are willing to provide a special discount of 40% for the next purchase or their YONEX product. WHAT THE HELL... dilemma here... spend more money again then claiming a new one... Or maybe better then nothing...The racket review. First impression of this racket on hand is "Damn... so light", even my badminton friends feel the same. No doubt this racket is good for fast paced doubles game as it is a easy to maneuver racket from drive, counter smash at the front or mid court area and net play due to the stiffness and lightweight characteristic of the racket. Defence from smashes is a delight also as it is easy to block and place the shuttle. However back court clears and smashes you will need more effort to generate the power "what you expect from a lightweight and lighthead racket with no momentum on each swing". You have to compromise something for this racket. It is a good racket and I do enjoy playing with ArcSaber FB but due to the history with this racket I have to say I'll not go for a second one. YONEX should put a Fragile Sticker at the packaging so that the customer should know what he/she is dealing with. :)Cheers...

19. miliano23

miliano23 New Member

Yonex ArcSaber FB JP Coded 5u/G4 BG66UM-24lbs.

Yonex ArcSaber FB JP Coded 5u/G4 BG66UM-24lbs.

My history with ArcSaber FB4 session "2 hours each" with this racket and it's broken!

I have heard allot of comments on this racket that it is fragile for the F or 6u so I got myself a 5u from JAPAN "JP coded" instead and hope it will be much better. But my stubbornness cause me this time.

3rd session.
    With just a slight collision with another racket at 3 or 9 o'clock of the frame. A very fine hairline is visible after the collision and I though maybe is just a crack at the paint job. I told myself "thank god it was not broken". I continue playing and it seems there is no problem with the racket.

4th session.
    The death of my ArcSaber FB begin. I was playing as usual but this time I have a miss hit from a strong smash "back court" and SNAP! I though I broke the string and when I look at my racket it twisted. F--k!!!. The miss hit cause me this time and I think the shuttle might have hit at the crack line or near to it that broke the racket. They goes my $$$....

Conclusion is - it is still a fragile racket to go for a 5u.

No worries still under warranty.

First Claim.
    I tried to have it claim with the help of my friend from Japan which he help me to bought it from a well known online dealers website. However without telling them I have a collision, they somehow able to check that this racket was collided with something else. "NOT able to claim due to not manufacturing fault". Same clause from the Yonex website. End of the road? No more hope and say bye bye to my Arc FB in the dustbin.

Second Claim.
    Lucky I got a good fried. He told me that he will try to claim from YONEX HQ "Tokyo". Same conclusion which they manage to check that there is a collision on the racket. BUT they are willing to provide a special discount of 40% for the next purchase or their YONEX product. WHAT THE HELL... dilemma here... spend more money again then claiming a new one... Or maybe better then nothing...

The racket review.
    First impression of this racket on hand is "Damn... so light", even my badminton friends feel the same. No doubt this racket is good for fast paced doubles game as it is a easy to maneuver racket from drive, counter smash at the front or mid court area and net play due to the stiffness and lightweight characteristic of the racket. Defence from smashes is a delight also as it is easy to block and place the shuttle.

However back court clears and smashes you will need more effort to generate the power "what you expect from a lightweight and lighthead racket with no momentum on each swing". You have to compromise something for this racket.

It is a good racket and I do enjoy playing with ArcSaber FB but due to the history with this racket I have to say I'll not go for a second one. YONEX should put a Fragile Sticker at the packaging so that the customer should know what he/she is dealing with. :)

Cheers...

20. SuperAustinChu

SuperAustinChu Regular Member

Student
    Bad luck miliano23 (Brian).I have been using a TW coded F|G5 for about 6 months now, play 4 times a week, all doubles. No problem whatsoever for me. Funny thing is, I think the results from a smash is the same if not better compared to my Arc10. Might be due to my swing speed (and history of injured shoulder). I could feel that I can react and return faster shuttles when compared to all my other rackets (3U-4U), thinking of getting more FBs and might try out VT i-Force.