Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Drop by Racket Supply in Cupertino, I think they have a 3U available to demo.

2. Skewlz

Skewlz Regular Member

student
    hahah yeah i was actually thinking about that. ill probably drop by and check it out.

3. Skewlz

Skewlz Regular Member

student
    and btw, does anyone know how this racket is in comparison to the AT900P/T and Wilson K Tour? Does it have better defensive capabilities and lighter feel than both? I've almost made up my mind to go with ordering the 3U SW35, but I just want to get some feedback before I whoop the wallet out haha.:)

4. BlueTornado

SW35 is both more maneuverable and more powerful than the AT900P which is the most similar racket class out of the three you mentioned. Haven't used an AT900T much but AT's have their head weight concentrated at 12 o'clock whereas the SW35 has the weight evenly distributed, so it'll feel less like a hammer.

K Tour... don't know anything about it but I really doubt it can compare. SW35 is a great racket :)

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    when playing doubles i use this racket the most because it feels the best, but somehow, there's a certain feel of the racket being hollow that i don't like. my Yonex, Carlton, and Wilson rackets feel a bit more "solid". not sure if it's the vibration from the racket i don't like, but heck, i play the best and this racket feels the best in my hand, so i'm sticking to it. :)

6. BlueTornado

Maybe not hollow, but Victors do feel quite a bit more "zingy" compared to the Yonex dampened feel.

7. Skewlz

Skewlz Regular Member

student
    Sweet! Thanks Bluetornado, gundamzaku, and Maklike_Tier! Your feedback really helped my decision!

8. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    haha..another sw35 user already! claps claps! =D

9. Skewlz

Skewlz Regular Member

student
    haha yep! i'm so excited to try it! unfortunately i only had the chance to try 4U cause no shops near me have 3U, so I think my next racket will be a 3U SW35 or maybe a BS. but for now i feel like once i adjust to the weight of 4U SW35, I'll really like it since it is a high weighted 4U. :cool:

10. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    Haha good luck to you bro!

11. gundamzaku

working professional
    yes, exactly!!!:)

12. gundamzaku

working professional
    yes, you got it right. for some reason i can never get the right words to describe it.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how about: crispy.

14. hypadunkz

hypadunkz Regular Member

I struggled using the bs 15 at 29lbs. it felt soo light that I didn't feel the shuttle. and the power is just not there. maybe because i don't have fast swing. sw35 is more powerfull than the bs15 but i will try to decrease the tension when i play next maybe something will change by then. i just played one session with it so far so it is too early to tell..

15. Skewlz

Skewlz Regular Member

student
    Hey guys!

Just had my first session with my SW35! Lots of people said this racket is not friendly to people who are not familiar with it, that is very true! However, once getting used to the racket I found it amazing in every single aspect. Smashes are crazy strong once you get used to the timing and defense is amazingly easy. Very maneuverable racket, actually one of the most out of all the rackets I've played with. Clears were a breeze and backhand clears were pretty strong too.

Funny thing at first I wanted to trade mine in to get a 3U BS10. But since my friend got it I was able to try both. My 4U SW35 feels heavier than his 3U BS10. (dont get me wrong BS10 is an amazing racket in its own merits as well, I plan to buy that one too). After we exchanged rackets for a little, he agreed he loved the SW35 more than his BS10.

SW35 performed amazing in both singles and doubles and I think anyone on the fence about buying this racket should really give it a try. In time, once you get used to the racket, it will really treat you well. Best all around racket I've ever used.

16. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Hi guys, would like to ask if me going from headlight to head heavy racquet takes a long time to get used to it?
    Aiming Sw35 . Bravesword, MX too expensive :)

17. Satoshi

Satoshi Regular Member

Thanks this boost up my confidence of buying this racquet is no mistake. Anyways, I think I better test feel it at the shop selling it 1st.

18. gundamzaku

working professional
    ok fine, that too :)

19. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    Ah I see. It's just that I read somewhere that it was crazy powerful, more powerful than the SW37 which is quite impressive for a brave sword. But it's the slowest in that range. I think I'll just stick to the SW35, it really is the best racket out there, for me anyways.It's got everything, speed and power as well as solidness, which I love.

20. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

Been playing regularly with sw35 3u the last two months. Smashes are good, but defense and clears are still lacking for me. Voltric 80 3u is much faster in terms of speed and smash returns. For all round player, voltric 80/bs 10 is much better. This racket is more suited to hard hitters and offensive players.

String wise, i am using bg66@27lb, the previous was bg80. While i was using bg80, smashes were weak and i hated it. It improves alot after i change the strings.

This is only my opinion at present. If anything improves, i'll keep it posted.