Victor SH-P9100

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by MagicElite, Oct 11, 2013.

1. tecdecs

tecdecs Regular Member

high schooler
    these shoes are ugly best looking one is the red ones, i saw these in real life and tried it on just didnt get to play in them. they are extremely light and comfortable. Favorite part of the shoe that i liked was that it hugs your heel/ankle in a way i never felt any badminton shoes done before. Its got nice smooth and soft material but it just looks ugly in my opinion and these pictures are pretty spot on.

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Are these models already released in Asia or how does it come that you've tried them already?
    Ahmand and Natsir has worn them. At least in the final.

It looks not that nice. too much bling bling. And the logo isn't necessary... Like the yonex ones actually... -.-"
    [MENTION=38210]thread[/MENTION] opener: thanks for sharing

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    haven't release in Asia yet

4. tecdecs

tecdecs Regular Member

high schooler
    These are the new high end shoes for Victor.

no they are not released in asia or anywhere yet. i got to try it on because i know someone who has connections with Victor.

and Ahmand and Natsir did not wear these in finals for Denmark they are wearing the A850 green.

#24 tecdecs, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  5. erikfast

erikfast Regular Member

They look like "Power Rangers" shoes. Doesn't work for me.

6. kros12

kros12 New Member

Student
    I have these shoes! They're pretty nice and comfortable. I changed the laces though (too much red for me). The paint also chipped off a little but that's just cosmetic.
    2013-11-10163537_zps7736cf85.jpg

7. slice99

slice99 Regular Member

Nice picture. It's funny there seems to be less chrome on your shoes than in the first pictures we saw :p

Good move on the laces too. Cant wait to see more pics

8. kros12

kros12 New Member

Student
    haha yea. the chrome is pretty shiny. maybe it's just the lighting!

but they're pretty comfortable and have a lot of shock absorption

9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Whilst I'm not a big fan of coloured shoes, you can't deny they are becoming more popular in badminton at professional level. At club level white rules and it's an odd player or two wearing colours.

This is the danger whereby in UK, the average club player has no idea about international badminton, they don't follow the players or wish to copy them. With an ageing population in clubs there is still a leaning towards tradition and therefore I cannot see these shoes or any other coloured brands being popular.

Given a few years the trend will move towards coloured shoes but we are still a long way off yet.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Hey guys

I had the chance to check these shoes out last night. I saw samples of the shoes and had them in my hands. They're really nice if you like coloured shoes. The important points for me was the solid heel cup, excellent rubber grip and of course superb cushioning. I'm impressed. I like coloured shoes on other players but in general I feel wrong going onto court with coloured shoes.

Sadly these shoes are not offered in white or I would wear them. Not so sure I'll get comfortable in coloured shoes.

Paul

11. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Come on Paul, join the dark side.

12. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    in Asia, coloured shoes rule!!!

13. slice99

slice99 Regular Member

kdEu8JJz9yLsBCN7xTexcQNTUIhDoF_3.jpg kdEu8JJz9yLsBCN7xTexcQNTUIhDoF_1.jpg kdEu8JJz9yLsBCN7xTexcQNTUIhDoF_2.jpg

Its now official on the china victor website

936781_10152075348119738_374343349_n.jpg 1517612_10152075348159738_1627663794_n.jpg

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Having seen these shoes up close and felt the quality I have to say they are growing on me. Whether I take the plunge and order a pair is another matter, but the quality is superb.

Paul

15. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

I'm a bit hesitating.
    I got a pair of 9000ACE and found that the rear cushioning is too stiff for me.
    From the outlook of the rear, 9100 looks very similar to 9000ACE.
    Looking forward to seeing the comparison in this respect.

16. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Interesting comment Scott.

like any other piece of equipment, shoes have to fit to a players personal requirements. And there's no more personal as feet. We are so different, but shoes have to fit really well and provide the support players require. Overall I do question whether the sports shoe manufacturers pay enough attention to the footwear issue especially shoes to fit wider feet.

Some manufacturers have size issues too such as limiting their largest size. For Victor size 12 is the largest, which becomes a problem for any player requiring size 12.5 upwards. This is where the likes of Asics seem to excel as they appear to be more considerate to the individual and different sizing requirements.

I'm still unsure whether the move to all colour shoes is going to catch on. I've no doubt it is huge in Asia, but Europe seems to be lagging behind, especially UK. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I really like wearing coloured clothing but coloured footwear seems weird. I've tried black shoes and was never comfortable wearing them.

I really love the designs and colours of SH-P9100 shoes. I can imagine wearing them to match a top if I wore tracksuit bottoms. But, when I'm in shorts something changes and I'm really not comfortable wearing colours.

Paul

17. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Hi kros12, do you mind describe where and how the paint chipped? Maybe some photos if you're free?? Many thanks!!

18. jason1975

jason1975 Regular Member

Hi Paul. Did you get the chance to wear it on? I am currently wearing 9000ace but needed to get a new pair of shoes soon so I wonder if these shoes are similar to 9000ace in terms of the cushioning? I tend to like the feel of wearing 9000ace when you feel like your feet is very close to the ground, while still provide superb cushioning. Cheers

Dias09 likes this.
  19. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Hi Jason

No I didn't as the samples were not my size. If Victor made them in white I would not hesitate to wear them. I need to get over my prejudice for coloured shoes on me - I love them on other players.

Paul

20. visor

visor Regular Member

The red one looks really promising as my next shoe. Had the 9000ACE last year, excellent fit and light. Heel fit is one of the best I've ever experienced, partly due to the one way napping of the material... prevents your foot from sliding out. Never seen this design in any other shoe.

Hope this feature will remain in this update. Plus hope it'll have more cushioning this time... the 9000ACE was just too hard when playing on hardwood floors.

Anyone know to comment on these 2 items? Paul?