Li Ning vs Yonex

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by random.badmin1, Aug 26, 2009.

1. PyourK

PyourK Regular Member

I believe rose sells them.

2. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

If may have noticed, babyface's post was dated august 26, 2009;)?

3. Karakalkat

Karakalkat Regular Member

Distributor for Karakal
    I dont make statements without testing product...My views are also only MY views and only for discussion...
    As far as I can gather from factory and published news there is no NEW technology in LiNing rackets....what you are talking about has already been done...

I think it is great for LiNing to come into the market....It gives us a much needed player to compete and help Yonex to add tournaments sponsorship....what I dont agree with is the way they did it...by buying success....where the others have worked hard to develop their market over time and their success has come from real grass roots support....LiNing chose to buy instant success...

One last thought
    So many times the racket that actually plays the best for normal players is the cheaper all carbon rackets with more flex...

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    rose does not sell LN rackets...but other shops in MK and e78 do.

5. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thats because LN is smart enough to know that its the only way to have any chance competing with household name like YY. As I mentioned, at the end of the day its the most cost and time effective method. And to do it any other way would be a disaster.

LN is not only doing it againts YY, in fact, badminton i believe is only a smaller portion of total LN source of income. The mains are from basketball and general sports wears. And they have to compete with Addidas and Nike with exactly the same approach.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Enlight me, what other makers has a woven t-joint like the 3D-braid in LN rackets..

Are you saying the frame shape, shaft construction is identical to any other brands racket?

How do you define racket techonolgy? Can you give an example with what racket you think is higly innovative?

I think you could not be further from the truth but you are free to be a religious man :p

I have talked to many people close to China national team, and the thing when LN entered badminton was not just about "just another business" it was also about national pride, and eagerness to show that they China these days feels they have the muscle to create BETTER rackets than anyone else.

You don't create 3000+ prototyoes and does extensive testing and let National-team players be part of the design of their "named" rackets if you are just in it for a quick buck.. Then they could just have taken the Kason rackets and made Li Ning versions of them (But I guess in your screwed up microcosmos, that was what they did, and that is why I doubt you have really tried Kason rackets and Li Ning rackets yoiurself :) )..

From my perspective, I have no problem with your "personal" views about LN rackets...But it kind of seems like you are trying to trashtalk their rackets and racket-tech, and that seems pretty biased :) . And I think it is always best to refer to models not generalise on brands as all brands have different rackets with different tech. etc..

Maybe it just sounds more biased when you have a brand-name in your signature on BC :D :D

Of course.. Most people can't handle an F1 car either.. and are better of using 18lbs than 36lbs string tension etc.. any more open doors to kick in?? :p

/T

#27 twobeer, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    There's two ways to grow a business, either organically or through acquisitions. Growing organically is slower than buying a company outright but acquiring a company doesn't guarantee success, Just look at the IT industry where there's always acquisitions and you can see that alot of them are painful and does not yield the results they wanted.

I have two Li Ning racquets (N55 and N90) and I must say that they are really very good racquets, on par if not better than the top end Yonex. I am not sure what technologies they put in but it works beautifully. Whether they are value for money, that's debatable.

9. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    With over 2k post I guess you must spend more time reading BCF than playing badminton...
    Yes I am distributor for Karakal and Sotx and Sotx has tons more new technology than LiNing...but I am sure you have not tried them yourself or you would not need to complain of trash talk and bias because you would be aware of the technology...

I have not degraded or trash talked LiNing....I simply state the fact about technology....When I pay that much money for a racket I want it to be something special....and I dont see anything special in LiNing...all good rackets have t joint and this is not new technology to use woven graphite carbon...Sotx has one model with titanium T-joint....Sotx has many "new" technologies being used in their rackets...Oversize frame, memory core wire, triple frame, too many to name them all...

Check out their website to get enlightened on new technology in the market...

Sotx CP series also has a patient which I have never seen on any other brand of racket...

LiNing is not in competition with Adidas as this is part of their co-op...same as Kason and many others brands that they have made pacts with...

In my "screwed up microcosmos" whatever that is, we have more badminton players than you have people in your whole country...:D

I play everyday and am associated daily with badminton sales and testing and trying to see what the competition has to offer...Please dont assume anything about my ability to play test other brands of products...I would be silly to not try to know all I can about other brands...hearsay is not sufficient....

I have no doubt that I could drive an F-1 car...but to drive it well is another story....rackets that play well for normal players are not the same as those preferred by the professional players...

I never said LiNing was in it for the "fast buck"...You do not do the work they have done for a quick buck because there is no quick buck to be made...I would be surprised if their bottom line is in the black within the next 4-5 years....They are paying out a huge amount of sponsorship money....not to mention the tournaments sponsored...

All in all I am glad LiNing has joined the badminton field...it is a boost for badminton...but their products are still overpriced as they must be for them
    to re-coop their investment...

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

In that case, you should start a thread about SOTX products rather than discrediting LN here.

I dont play baddy everyday like you, but i certainly do feel the extra quality. As for its price, everyone have different opinion.

So which one is the F-1? SOTX or LN? :D

Why wait 4-5 yrs, with the marketing expenses the financial impact should hit immidiately within the current period. And I believe LN is in green since a long time until now, even with all big money going out for sponsors.

#30 Yoppy, May 19, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  11. SamsonSun

SamsonSun Regular Member

Student
    1.No offence...We can't change the way English spoken...We are learning English, and we obey the rules to learn English...It's not Chinese...2 different languages...not the same...we should distinglish the differences, then to learn English...

2.Li Ning is famous for its sneakers and cloths...Yonex is famous for its badminton rackets...And I don't think Li Ning's price is very good...I don't konw what's the price outside of China, but it's ¥300~400 more than Yonex(both first class rackets)...¥300 is the price of Victor Chanllenger...

12. Karakalkat

Distributor for Karakal
    Interesting comments but still no response on "new technology" in LiNing rackets...

I dont feel that by stating simple fact that I have tried to discredit LiNing...After all, she was sponsored by Sotx originally...and has done a wonderful job of putting the LiNing label together...

If you consider this to be discrediting them, so be it...

Yonex has had to put up with really being hammered and for a much longer time...

13. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

On the other hand, if one can afford Li-Ning racquets, one can easily afford high-end Yonex racquets. So in a way, customers put off by Li-Ning's price (in spite of its branding) turn to Yonex. I'm one of them, wanted to try Li-Ning, but thinking about and comparing the racquets, I always opt for the latest Yonex high end racquets.

If I'm a customer, I would weigh the pros and cons before opening my wallet and hand the money over.

Li-Ning
    Pros
    Designed and customized for professionals like Lin Dan etc-best materials?
    China is a dominant Badminton force-(branding)

Cons
    overprice
    desgined for pros-who are advanced players may not be suitable for the rest

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

There are also cheaper LN rackets (the NP, TP, UC and HC range), which many also find better and cheaper than YY. In this case, you would prefer LN, no?

15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

16. drrwong

drrwong Regular Member

fund manager
    Why does one brand has to be better than the other? At the end, we are all at different skill levels and have different playing styles, so some of us will like LiNing more, and some will like YY more...
    Also, for better or for worse, when we buy badminton racquets (or anything else), we are not just paying for performance of the racquet, but also the image...so marketing/sponsorship does count. Obviously, the weight it carries in our decision making depends on the person.

Disclaimer: i like LiNing racquets personally because i like the crisp feel of them, and I own N50, N55 and N70 currently.

17. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Just thinking out loud... wouldn't that apply to all high end Yonex rackets too?

18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Best'est comment.

Disclaimer: I own a number of Yonex and now use neither Yonex nor Lining. I like this new era where pros have more choices of Yonex, Lining, Victor and/or Flypower.

19. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yes big bro, even Tetracross 700 :D

20. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Err.. TC700 is not designed for pros.. none of the pros use it. :D:p