Zhou Mi : The end is here.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by ants, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Raphy

Raphy Regular Member

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    "Even now, I am not sure that specific medicine is the main reason for ...."

in bold:

i don't really got her meaning:p

if i am not wrong this sound serious:eek:

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i think her thinking is, esp. nowadays, pregnant women would be more cautious about taking drugs, esp. over-the-counter medication, as it could affect the fetus/baby..
    off topic:
    Raphy, thanks again for writing and sharing that news/article.
    IMO:
    - Just posting the link alone doesn't guarantee people will post a comment or comments on the article.
    - There are hundreds and thousands of articles from the internet from other news websites which don't get any comment(s). Yes, i've seen them. Does that mean those magazines/newspapers/websites and writers should stop writing or contributing too??
    - I think the article/link even the content being shared in a forum like BC is already a big bonus. Yes, i purposely gave the link as well as the content. If i were you, i'd be glad. And i'm sure there are others who've clicked on the link & checked that article on badzine.
    - Appreciate again for all your contribution and work! And keep up the great work!:cool:

#63 ctjcad, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    My point on the former would be that getting pregnant (AFAIK) isn't a legal excuse for getting off a doping offence & to me it seems not a particularly good reason to have a baby.

On the latter, I agree with the addition that were the website the story is on ever to become defunct no one would be able to read the article ever again (or for that matter on comments posted on the website of the article either). By posting on BF as well we get the chance to have more deabte about the issue & the other website get more clicks as people who click on the actual story become aware of that site.....for example I visit the MAS star papaer as a result of reading Badminton related stories fro mit on BF.

I do of course understand Raphy's POV also...

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i don't think she's using it as a legal excuse to get off the offence. I think it's more like she's trying to paint that there's no intention on her part to take the banned substance on purpose to enhance her performance..anyway..
    What do you mean by the part in bold? you mean she shouldn't have a baby because she was caught? I thought in the interview (last reply by ZM) ZM mentioned she's already expecting a baby?? (if i understand it).

With that, i think if i were BWF and after hearing her appeal, i will still put forth the penalty but not for 2 yrs. The penalty has two-fold effects. Fist, it will give her ample time in her prep. to give birth. If she's indeed pregnant and is expecting a child, i would not allow her to play/compete for at max. 1 yr (kind of a doh!, she's expecting:p). But i don't know if 1 yr will be minimal enough as she will need to regain her form if indeed she won't partake in any baddy training at all. Also, in a way, by putting a penalty on her, it'll sort of remind the rest of the other national associations to be extra careful and aware. In a way also, i think BWF is trying to show its "power"..

Good luck with ZM in her appeal process!..

#65 ctjcad, Sep 16, 2010
  6. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The above story states that "to prove my innocence I will soon give birth to a baby"....I read this as by having a baby it proves she hasn't taken anything deliberately..

The part you made in bold, I may have misunderstood the article as I read it quickly. I thought she mean she will have a baby because of this test to prove she is innocence, which IMO isn't the best reason to bring a life into the world!

Good luck with the appeal, maybe after all it states she claims she didn't take any medication in previsou 7 days (which after false test she said she did) & she was careles.. I don't hold out much hope.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- Yes, she meant to say she didn't take it deliberately.
    - Yeah, the article had a slight take which might've confused the reader. The first/opening paragraph and the last answer by ZM seem to be a bit different. From the last answer, I concluded that she is expecting a baby soon (how soon, that we don't know).

#67 ctjcad, Sep 16, 2010
  8. event

event Regular Member

Everything you say there is more true if only an intro and link are posted and there is the missing, but not insignificant, bit about the majority of people, who will decide, logically, that they don't need to click on the link if they've already read the entire story here. That's why copyright laws prohibit cutting & pasting. No one is threatening legal action here. Just hoping that people on this forum care about a news site devoted to the sport they love.

As for defunct links, every Badzine article from the last four years is still up and available. True, the URL changed recently but old articles are still just a search or a forum query away.

#68 event, Sep 16, 2010
  9. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Not the best reason to have a baby... true

But perhaps she has found Mr Right but has been too busy with Badminton career to grow her family.

If no candidate yet.... Where Can We Apply to Fill the Vacancy? :D

10. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    To be sincere, perhaps you can also thank him at his article true source. I'm sure that is the best way to appreciate his work especially if you are quoting his article.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

off topic:
    :p..so, if i don't leave a thank you at his article true source it means i'm not being sincere??..

#71 ctjcad, Sep 16, 2010
  12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Thanks I appreciate you POV. My comments was not directly aimed at Badzine regarding dead links though. In the past I have searched for various things, and the link is dead & the discussion makes no sense because of no story.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Well, Raphy stated before in BC, more than 2X, for Badzine, only post the link, not the whole article...so, in respect to Badzine boss...;);). All other articles we post full for the reasons you stated earlier.

As for ZM, my interpretation is that ZM is pregnant now, I think she meant an expecting mother would not endanger the unborn baby by taking banned drugs knowingly (after translating the English version back to Mandarin & Cantonese).

14. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    That, I agree is acceptable.

However it is still not a legal "get out" clause for getting off the offence. It is also worrying that she would take medicine when pregnant without consulting a doctor prior. That cannot be blamed at HKBA lack of professionality.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..certainly, that argument could be used against her should she bring up her pregnancy as her reason of not taking the banned medication on purpose/knowingly..But did she or did she not consult with her doctor prior? that we don't know..

#75 ctjcad, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Exactly, so many unanswered questions...

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..time to call up the ABCD (Agency of Badminton Central Detectives)??..:eek:

#77 ctjcad, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  18. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
  19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    So the plot thickens......definitely means she will try have a baby to prove he innocence..

20. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    translation from gooogle

Zhou Mi To prove innocence admitted with twins is difficult to continue training if the appeal fails
    http://sports.sina.com.cn 2010年09月15日16:06 Shenyang Evening News

Caught doping storm Zhou Mi of Hong Kong badminton players have repeatedly made the statement that he did not take illegal drugs, to the IBF for a representation requesting mitigation of punishment. Recently, she received a media interview is surprising remarks, "to prove my innocence, I will give birth to a child as soon as possible, because no one can take stimulants to do so."

Zhou Mi in June of this year because of flying during the inspection, was detected in urine samples from one of the prohibited drugs of clent Luocheng Yang. IBF in a formal notification on September 1 Hong Kong ABA, Zhou Mi Yu Union for breaching anti-doping regulations in the world, starting from August 4 to be banned for two years. Hong Kong ABA expressed support to the Zhou Mi, and her transition to coaching positions. Zhou Mi, aged 31, said she IBF results of some hard to accept the punishment: "Even now I still think that this penalty is unfair because I did not pass the drugs to enhance their performance, I should be the only warning." Once the appeal fails, Zhou Mi will likely end his career early: "If the final appeal fails, I can not continue to train, as I could decided to not coach."

Sun Shuai order interns

it sure sound funny from gooogle translations. lol

#80 pBmMalaysia, Sep 18, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2010