Indonesia Juniors !!

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by fathonezic, Nov 1, 2009.

1. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    hmm, before moving to pelatnas, alfian eko play with shella in some tourney.... and alfian is 18 this year. i think aldian/shella can be a better option rather than hafiz/shella ?

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Yeah. I think we will have a strong squad in XD to retain the title in AJC/WJC this year..:cool: from these players Edi, Hafiz, Alfian, Shella, Anggia, and Melati. perhaps the combination will be:
    • Edi Subaktiar/Melati Daeva
    • Alfian Eko/Shella Devi Aulia
    • Hafiz Faisal/Anggia Shitta Awanda
    But for GD, instead of Shella/Anggia, Melati/Rosyita, not sure who will be the 3rd GD?:confused::confused::confused: Gloria, Ririn, Dian, Aris, Suci, Tiara are all not eligible anymore...:eek::(

3. fathonezic

Consultant
    there is something weird about BWF Junior rank.
    for example, Anggia and Shella always play together as a WD/GD pair.
    never be splitted. but why, their rank is differ too much ??
    it's also confusing to see that for some players, BWF count the score from 3 tourneys and some other from 4 tourneys eventhough they have played in more than 5 tourneys.
    i can find this from some players. the scoring standard should be counted from 5 tourneys.

simple example : Shesar Hiren Rhustavito.
    he just got 15700 points from 4 tournaments !! eventhough we know that Vito play in around 8 tourney last year !
    BWF also just count Anggia's points from 4 tourneys.
    even it's worse for Shella Devi Aulia as BWF only count her points from 3 tourneys !

it is just some example.... i found more !

can anyone explain this ??

4. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Wish I could explain. Hopefully everything is ok. :)

5. Bhinneka

Bhinneka Regular Member

Banuinvest International 2012 is the next tournament for djarum junior players

reksy, kho, thomi

edi/arya, kevin/felix

melati/rosyita

edi/melati

#225 Bhinneka, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

For the Junior ranking, you CAN ONLY INCLUDE up to 2 senior tourneys. And, there's a maximum of 5 tourneys that will be counted for the ranking (instead of 10 for the normal World Ranking).

For Vito's case, he only participated in 2 Junior events in 2011: AJC and WJC. Both points are included in his current ranking (3,600 and 6,600 pts respectively). Since you can only include 2 senior tourneys, only the highest of Vito's tourneys points are included, i.e. India IC 2011 (2,800 pts) and INA GPG 2011 (2,720 pts).

So, if Vito wants to be seeded at the AJC and WJC this year, he needs to participate in at least 1 more junior tourney to boost his ranking up from the current ranking of no 11.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Edi Subaktiar/Arya Maulana's ranking will increase further in next week's tables. Currently, they are ranked at 20. Another 1,370 pts is guaranteed from finishing in at least QF of the Banuinvest International 2012. Not to mention, they will be participating in the Osaka IC 2012. So, at least 5 tourneys are counted by mid of April.

8. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

What Djarum did to sent their junior players to a lot of tourneys is very great and much appreciated.
    Even Djarum is very generous to sent their juniors to tourneys 3 in a row in Europe that i believe is cost a lot.
    Another plus point that Djarum did was to let their players play in 2 number. And Edi/Melati certainly prove that indonesian player can physically play good in 2 number. Edi/Melati did very well in 2 number in 3 tournes in a row with result at least semis! Very Great!
    I think PBSI should not learn far away from China or Korea but just look at what Djarum did!

9. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Fully agree. Just imagine, player like Gloria is only played in XD :(

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

After participating in 3 tourneys (including 2 Junior tourneys) in the past month, Edi Subaktiar/Arya Maulana Aldiartama are now ranked 16. Effectively, they are ranked no 2 in Asia behind Tam Chun Hei/Lee Chun Hei (at no 9 and 10), since the 2 top ranked Asian pairs (the AJC winner and WJC winner last year) should no longer be eligible for AJC & WJC this year. Besides the HKG pair, 3 other European pairs are also ranked above them (2 French pairs and 1 Slovenian pair). Not to mention, Kasper Antonsen/Frederik Colberg, one of their main opponent at WJC, are still ranked way below.

However, they haveto defend 7k pts from winning the Tangkas Alfamart Junior Challenge last year. So, they will need to recoup that 7k pts from this year's edition. The pts from Osaka IC 2012 will also add to their overall ranking in 3 weeks time considering they only have pts from 4 tourneys now.

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    We all think that way because we understand the badminton world and we make sense... Some 'key' people in PBSI just do not know enough about badminton and they have flawed logic... What can we expect?!? :eek:

12. miksss

miksss Regular Member

wow. Ruselly won Sirnas Palembang title by beating Setyana in straight sets.So, may we confirm that Hanna, Setyana, Ruselly and Berlian shall go to WJC/AJC?

13. fathonezic

Consultant
    no. i dont think so...
    we have to see it further...
    they have to show their consistency. we can confirm setyana and hanna.
    but still immature to confirm the other. there are still intan dwi jayanti, arinda, febtria and others.... i think pbsi will held a selection for this....

14. Bhinneka

Bhinneka Regular Member

I think so,,, Hanna, Setyana, Ruselly and Berlian have a good chance to represent INA in AJC/WJC

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

No matter who we send, we still stand a little chance in GS.

16. fathonezic

Consultant
    you are right, badMania... hehehe....
    i dont think the miracle happen again for GS in WJC this year...

17. fathonezic

Consultant
    I dont know what to write....
    but there are some good result of our juniors (U-19)
    Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo just became runner up in Vietnam Challenge...
    good... he will be a good contender for AJC medal along with Shesar Hiren Rhustavito...
    I expect at least a bronze medal from one of them both in AJC and WJC...
    this year will be one of the most competitive AJC/WJC in boys singles. there are many good talents...

Vito himself will get a huge paycheck from his inclusion in Axiata cup... at least $20,000...
    I hope, this huge money will motivate him to get better money in the future. hehe...

for both Wisnu and Vito, if they get enough opportunity, at least 10 open tourney, i am optimistic that they can enter Top 100 WR.... i really hope they can make it.... let see in the end of this year...

18. fathonezic

Consultant
    someone in other forum has asked Wisnu directly about his age. and Wisnu has confirmed that he was born in 1994. Good news if Wisnu didnt lie...

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wisnu or Vito will need to play extremely well to win a medal in the AJC.

These are the main contenders:
    Sameer Verma (10/22/1994)
    Kenta Momota (9/1/1994)
    Thammasin Sittikhom (4/7/1995)
    Ng Ka Long (6/24/1994)
    Soong Joo Ven (5/19/1995)
    .......not to mention the CHN or KOR players whom I do not list here.

20. fathonezic

Consultant
    yes, that's right, another contender should be Tam Chun Hei, Khosit Phetpradab, Pratul Joshi, Tzu Wei Wang... that's why i said that this will be one of the most competitive AJC.

many players are at (almost) the same level. I dont think there are player who are way ahead of the others. I will be happy if both can go further to QF and one of them get a medal :)