RKEP PRO6000 PRO9000 badminton racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Squash Eric, Feb 4, 2012.

1. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

My pro9000 grip size is about the same size as a yonex G4, so you wouldnt need to double overgrip.

for something close to a VT70 try the Pro6k since the Pro9k is stiffer. choose the 295mm bp around 88gm as you can afford the extra weight since its fast due to its bravesword shape. i regret getting my 9k @ 85g, its too fast my reflex smash blocks completes its swing before my shuttle arrives :S the extra meat would be helpful for drives and smashes.

p/s if you're ordering it from eric, i suggest you get the wet tape as well. excellent overgrip and since its "hole-y" its lighter too :D

2. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Well, that's the point! I am actually thinking of getting a racket that's a bit more stiffer than the VT-70. I don't really want another racket that plays just like VT70 (I'd rather buy another VT70:D). What I need to know though, is whether the PRO9000 is way stiffer than what I can handle! For a comparison, I did try out a friend's VT 80 in my club once. It was 3U and was super stiff IMO. So I know that I cant handle a racket as stiff as the VT 80 (not yet:p)
    If the stiffness of PRO9000 is somewhere in between the VT70 and VT80 then it'd do just fine for me!

3. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    if you take PRO9000
    85g 290mmBP is my recommendation for you

4. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I might order a RKEP 9000 but what is the price and where to get it? I play with
    Apacs Lethal 60 (single) (290 +3mm|90gr|3U|675mm|stiff:7.5-8|shaft diam:7.5|76 holes)
    Visible Hollow 2000 (285 +3mm|90gr|3U|675mm|stiff:8-8.5|shaft diam:7.5|72 holes)
    Tantrum 200 (doubles, feels lighter) (285 +3mm|90gr|3U|675mm|stiff:7.5-8|shaft diam:7.5|72 holes)

What can I consider 6000 or 9000?

5. Squash Eric

trading company
    why not take both? Taking advantage of current RKEP super low trial price:
    same top class YONEX VICTOR racket should be at least US$130
    but RKEP is now only US$99.95 on e-Bay before July 1
    especially they come with YONEX top class string service + 10 RKEP grips
    [FONT=&quot]RKEP PRO9000[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (Turkey blue, apple green)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130642840383[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]RKEP PRO6000[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (black/blue, red/black)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130642888423[/FONT]

6. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Hehehe....! A true marketing genius you are!;) Well Eric, make me an offer I can't refuse and I might just do that:D:D:D

7. Squash Eric

trading company
    send me a private message

8. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I can get the Victor Meteor MX80 at my local store at $177us but I want something cheaper and of good quality. I like my Apacs Lethal 60 but I'm hesitating to take a second one or another brand but directly 2 of each.
    What is the difference between a 6000 vs 9000? Ok the flex but what is it good for?

9. Chris_mc

Chris_mc Regular Member

Pro9000 review

Been playing around with the pro9000 for about 10 hours already and am really loving everybit of this racket.

Played with VT80, AT700OLD, AT700 NEW, AT900TEC, AT900POWER
    Current go to before getting this racket was the AT700NEW
    All of these racket ive always thought something was missing, which is why i wanted to give this a try.

Im a Singles player who is an attacking to all rounder player.

Review

Initial thoughts -
    I got the Turkey Blue color 295mm and 88 gram weight, strung with bg66UM 26x28lb, The Color was actually quite appealing, First few swings, it feels like a at900Power, and comparing the 2, the frames definitely look very very similar with the box frame but thats where everything stop being similar.

First few hits, I was surprised by how easy i could clear baseline to baseline, but this could because im used to using the at700new so swinging a head lighter racket would be easier. But the feel was there, i found it somewhat better than at900power, some reason, was able to swing faster and obviously clearing alot easier than the at700, Backhand clear was clearing past the baseline even though i wasnt really hitting as hard as i could, Strangely, reminding me of the VT80 which ive given up on.

Warming-up

During the warm up phase had some practice on the different shots in the game and it definitely felt better than at900power, even thought both have a similar shaft stiffness, i get more control in the pro9000 than i do with at900P, net shots and net lifts was just a breeze, so easy and need little movement of the racket to lift to the back.

Game time - Singles

At first because i wasnt used to the racket the shots kept going out, but after about an hour or 2, got used to the racket when it comes to control play and not power play, i wasnt too keen on pushing in full power for a smash before i really got used to the racket. But when i did get used to it and was willing to put power onto my smashes, it gave a surprising result. Having used at700 at900P and VT80, i would say in term of power and speed of my smash, it is equivalent to the VT80 :eek: without having being fatigued too quickly through out the game. It wasnt just what i felt, my opponents who helped me test out this racket all told me my smashes had become faster than they used to be.
    During power plays in the game, i didnt feel as fatigued as much as when i was using vt80 of at700. SO similar power and in terms of control, it felt just almost as good as the at900tec, which was a very good thing becuase i loved the at900tec with its touch and control, although touch wise it was just slightly lacking. But none the less a very good racket indeed.
    One thing that i couldnt really see was that people were saying because i can swing faster, i was alot more deceptive. But that was just what people were saying.

Doubles

I could recover quicker during the fast paced game and managed to defend quite well getting shots that were previously very difficult to do using the at700 or vt80 :D
    Defence wise i was alot quicker and most of the time gave me new positions to play the smash back since my racket was there alot quicker to intercept than using my previous racket, at700

Conclusion
    Playing with this racket for about 10 hours, ive decided this will be my go to racket, choosing this over any other yonex brand rackets which is amazing since im usually hooked on new stuff from yonex :D:D

This racket on the chart is probably gonna be toward head heavy and repulsion based much like where the nanospeed9900 which is probably why the power is so similar to the vt80. Control aspect very similar to at900tec.
    Definitely recommend to people who feel that the vt80 or the at700 new is lacking in defence, you will not be disappointed,

Oh yes, and quality wise, i would say the paint job was very good cause my racket was clashed with my partner in doubles. My Fault i guess. :p

Though one thing that probably could have made this racket better is if a more aerodynamic frame was added to this already awesome racket, probably make it 2times better :D:D:D

Probably would get another one soon :D:D:D

Hope this review helped some of you :eek:

#249 Chris_mc, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you like the Lethal then definitely consider the 9000.

11. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

i wish i bought both :crying: i'll get the 6k when the next racket comes out :D

12. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I like the apple green color of the 9000 but will it not be to flashy for the opponent. He will see your racket better maybe, no? The color turkey blue is not so attractive, is more a 70's color

13. Squash Eric

trading company
    How about WHITE color? Plan to launch a new color.....

14. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Don't lunch more colors. I'll just need to buy them as well then. :p

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    How about this? :)
    http://db.tt/nPI5vbps
    http://db.tt/tXIihQ5C

It's pretty clear green is the new white, and after that will be purple....and then after that, orange. :)

#255 Maklike Tier, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  16. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
  17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Hello, both those rackets are incredibly neutral, and if copying something that's already 12 months old will make something 'king'......I think I'll pass. :)

18. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

I like that. It's a prototype I assume or next release?

19. Thompson

Thompson Regular Member

Supervisor Pharmaceutical Industry
    Silver/Gold would be awesome. Like Carlton Vapour Trail Tour and Elite.
    Any idea when these new colors will come? I am planning on buying 2 RKEP 9000 but might be worth waiting for new color :D Although the lime green/silver also looks nice.

20. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Who talks about copying? Inspiration Maklike... inspiration. ;)