Ranking trial for Malaysian badminton players...

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by press100, Sep 6, 2009.

1. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    Ranking trial for back-up pairs

2009/09/07
    K.M. Boopathy
    THE international fate of the national men's and women's back-up doubles will be decided by a four-day ranking trial beginning next Monday.
    National doubles head coach Rexy Mainaky said the pairs will be sent to Super Series and grand prix events based on their ranking.

"The ranking trial will be important as the level of the majority of the back-up pairs is about the same and it is tough when selecting them for international tournaments. Now they can help themselves by performing in the ranking trial," said Rexy.

"The higher they are on the list, the more tournaments they will be considered for.

"However, the ranking doesn't mean the players can rest on their laurels until the next trial as their progress in international tournaments will be decisive."

There are six pairs in the men's back-up squad under Pang Cheh Chang while the women's back-up under Chang Kim Wai has five pairs.

This is the first time a ranking trial will be held for the doubles squad and the practice could be carried out on a quarterly basis.

A similar move, although without opting for trials, has already been implemented by singles coach Hendrawan where seniors Hafiz Hashim and Kuan Beng Hong as well as four back-up players have to earn their right to play in Super Series events.

Hendrawan has excluded all his players from Super Series events until end of the year as they have not reached the level to compete against the world's best.

They are only being considered for grand prix and grand prix gold tournaments based on their commitment and performance in training.

Hafiz has shown some progress under Hendrawan and should he continue improving, there is a likelihood he could be considered for either the China or Hong Kong Open in November.

Source: NST, 07/09/2009

Just want to ask the BC's members, do you agree on this? Thanks.

#1 press100, Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there are positive point and negative point
    to me
    the positive point is more than negative point

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

to me, 50-50 percent:p:p.wakaka

4. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

i wonder what the format of the ranking trial is going to be.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think is round robin?

6. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    What is the positives and what is the negatives?

Your statement is like malaysia's politicians - talk and no talk the same...

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I dunno why BAM keep doing things to shift the blame on the players? I believe our players has given all they can but their BEST isnt good enough…. BAM if has done their work properly, BAM would have abundant of talents waiting in the wings…