Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

I was referring to the above on LD, not on LXR.

Of course it applies to all players.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Please do respect our players.. Don't go in depth of their ------ . ;):D.. My small advice...

4. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    Based on her latest match, I dare say she is at least 90% sure of retaining her number 1 spot at year's end....

-

5. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    just try this online translator, copy pasta the Chinese characters into the text box
    http://fanyi.youdao.com/

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    "This year, the first open champion 'very happy' today's game is very hard 'schenker played great' she is a very professional very enterprising spirit of the players' every time the game with her good hard 'I appreciate her' also want to learn from her today is father's day 'the winner is the best gift to dad' print, open final last year 'also is father's day' it's a pity that only last year took the runner-up 'desire to achieve this year also wish all happy father' health and happiness of the world, appreciate the favorite post bar to 'always supporting me' I love you love you oh I will continue to refuel 'now go to eat dinner today tired' need to charge back"

This is what the translation looks like... But no punctuations..

#706 scorpion1, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If I may: This year's first championship for me, I'm delighted. The competition this year is very tough, Schenk played superb too. She is a very dedicated player with tremendous fighting spirit. Every time I played her has been difficult. I admire her and wish to learn from her. Today is Father's Day (16th June) and this championship is my best gift to daddy. Last year's INA Open final was also Father's Day but regrettably I finished as runner-up. This year my wish came true. Happy Father's Day to all the fathers in the world and may they be blessed with 'Health and Happiness'. Many thanks to tieba's tongxie for their unfailing support, I love you all ! I'll continue to jiayou(work hard,keep going),now I want to go for dinner. It's been a tiring day,need to replenish myself.

9. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    jiayou = refuel? Ah don't worry. :)

#709 Maklike Tier, Jun 17, 2013
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Interesting online translator, thanks, but too late I've already done my translation. Will try it in future,hope it does a better job than google translate which I don't use for it produces mangled text.

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    It's marginally better than google, but still rubbish.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes,'jiayou' literally means refuel, 'add oil' when used for motor vehicles, for example. Like many other words, it's multi-purpose, and when used in sport is a form of encouragement, cheering on, similar to 'Come on', 'Don't give up', 'Go for it', 'Keep going', 'Work hard(er)', 'Go,go,go!'.

13. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

Online translator? No, I prefer your translation... :)

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    yes, u are right.;)

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks, [MENTION=103252]dieter_spath[/MENTION], for your appreciation and encouragement. Also many thanks for your regular input on the CHN players.

Right, generally speaking and widely regarded, English and Mandarin (the Chinese language) are two such dissimilar languages that quite a number of Chinese words have no English equivalent(s) and, to a certain extent, vice versa; especially difficult to translate are Chinese idioms and sayings. Purely my personal opinion.

In my case, because of my inadequate command of Mandarin, I have to resort to using a Chinese-English dictionary but for lack of a really good one (partly because I'm not willing to pay for it, still not sure if there's one available), I often have to guess at the meaning or make an intelligent choice of the sense(s) used from the context. Not only that, for fear of getting it wrong (again due to my very limited Mandarin), I play safe and stick as close to the original text as possible which is not always a good idea. Therefore where the accuracy of my translation is found wanting, it's entirely my fault for which I seek your forgiveness and indulgence. So if any of you spot any error in my amateurish attempt,please feel free to correct and improve upon it.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Apparently, Zhang Ning is still holding on to her position as chief coach to the CHN WS but there's no mention of when she is coming back.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Surprisingly, GC the commentator pronounces her name quite correctly. So did the umpire,even better,in fact he got it exactly right, during the LXR-JS match.

18. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

I believe that even a really good dictionary can not help for Chinese-English translation.:D [MENTION=15171]justin[/MENTION], I really like your translation, really good!

I was expecting a battle between LXR and the queen of the IND PSS , Saina Nehwal. Though
    Juliane and LXR also delivered a breath-taking match, I'm still looking forward the next encounter between Saina and LXR. Could it happen in Singapore? let's see

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're too kind, thanks again.

As LXR has played and beaten Saina not long ago, I was happy she got to play JS this time, esp when JS is in top form throughout the INA Open'13. For the SIN Open this week, I'm hoping to see LXR match up with Intanon R instead as the latter has been playing her best badminton lately but,alas, IR has withdrawn from the SIN Open.

In fact,looking at the draw of the SIN Open, LXR may get to face off the rising YipPY again in the QF before yet another clash with Soldier Schenk in the SF, and only then a possible final showdown with Saina that you hope for. But Saina who is in the opposite half of the draw will first in R1 have to avenge her defeat on Gu Juan who stunned her a few weeks ago in the SCG Thai GPG and after that possibly Wang Yihan or perhaps Sayaka Takahashi awaits her at the SF before she gets a crack at the title.

Indeed, based on the lineup,the SIN Open is in no way inferior in strength as far as the WS is concerned as compared with the just-concluded INA Open. My primary consideration is whether LXR's bandaged left knee is good to go and how much she wanted to win it and how far she's willing to push herself bearing in mind the WC in August is the real target, so no point taking any unnecessary risk. If the match-ups turn out as we're hoping for, the prospects of being treated to a series of top-class fighting badminton are drooling. Let the battle begins.

20. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    the translation outcome will be more satisfactory if one manually fine tunes the auto translation from http://fanyi.youdao.com/
    with the http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php then makes the necessary realignments, but i must admit it's rather tedious works :D

#720 kelana, Jun 17, 2013