Swiss Open 2008: LCW lost to himself !

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by xymaerts, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LCW natural style is suited to Strokes and deception. LM changed his styled, he was still a good player, but IMO where LM failed was not to embrace LCW's special side.

If Misbun can allow himself to let LCW attack in some circumstances, then LCW will be able to seriously challenge the MS category.

In AE2008 LCW looked confused. He had the thought and chances to attack, but thought better. In this way LCW is weak as he only follows what his coach tell him, he does not use his own mind. When people say LCW has not got a badminton brain this is not true, he just does not use it, he uses his coaches. In tight situations this is not the right thing to have LD changes his play to match the situation within a game.

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Exactly the point. LCW has the weapons and ability to interchange these attacking and defensive styles, but how come cant seemed to do it consistently? Misbun must be alert enough to remind him when a tactic is working against him in the match, it happened in AE and now in SO also. Tactical wise, i think LM is far better.
    LD hv my respect for being the most consistent player right now, & his ability to play smart in the game is the key being successful.

#22 zqloy, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LM's style of attack is truly awesome... the things he's been able to do with Sun Jun, Lee Chong Wei and Li Hyun Il...

4. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

Hmm... I hate to sound offensive, but everytime LCW loses, a thread like this comes up... There are no excuses, making errors in a game is the player's fault. A better player is more consistent in his shots, thus he doesn't commit that much error... In this case, LD was better, no excuses...

5. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Morten Frost used just one word to describe Lee Chong Wei's game - 'passive' ;)
    Considering what's happening now, Frost couldn't have been more right.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is getting better - at least he is not picking up shuttles for LD anymore.:D

7. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    why cant you jst admit that lin dan is in a better form than LCW?
    no need excuses...

8. Foreverlove

Foreverlove Regular Member

If I don't make any errors
    If I can smash more powerful than LinDan or LCW,
    if...
    if...
    I wouldn't be here to chat with you and you all will try to get my signiture
    since,
    if all this ifs are true
    I am the number one.

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Every time LD...LD,LD,LD..boring!!!=P

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

He is not finding excuses. He is trying to put himself into the position of LCW's coach and to analyze the exact reason of LCW's loss.

He has no objection to LD playing better today. But he wants to find out the reason why LD performed so much better than LCW today. Is it normal? Is it because LCW played worse than usual? Is it because LD played better than usual? etc.

Actually we see coaches say their players "lost to themselves" all the time. It's not simply an excuse. What they mean is that their players are mentally disturbed by their desire to win and consequently under-perform.

11. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

You making no error: This is not a realistic assumption, since you know even in training you make some errors.

LCW making less errors than today: This is a realistic assumption, since we all have seen LCW's pervious matches, in almost all of them he indeed made less mistakes.

Big difference.

Please stop argue for the purpose of attacking other people. If you play badminton, I bet there are times you lose to your opponent badly because you under-perform. What's wrong admitting that if that's the truth? And what's wrong proposing this possibility and check whether it is indeed the truth?

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    LD is just a human.. any player can beat him :D
    taufik will beat him in OG :rolleyes:... or maybe Ld will slip in early round like previous OG :D

13. ThePlayer

ThePlayer Regular Member

If LD is 95 in the scale to 100 (no one is perfect), LCW is 90. So most of time LD will win. In rare occations, LD only performs to 90 and LCW performs to 95, LCW may win that day. But most of time, LD will win.

When you play a player that is below you, it seems everything is right. You can return opponent's shots easily. You can try all sorts of trick shots. But when you face a opponent that is above you. You seem have a lot of trouble. A lot of errors creeping in. You are lucky just able to return opponent's shots. I think we all have that experience.

LCW met a better player today. That's why he made so many mistakes and lost. If LCW meets lower ranking player, he will not make many errors even in his off days.

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Kind of agree with this. LD 95, LCW 90. The problem is that LD is very mature now and are less prone to under-perform (meaning: LD will always perform >88) while LCW's mind is still a bit unstable and can vary from 90 to 60.

15. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LinDan is like Tiger or Roger. Nobody can touches them in any good days, and rarely few ppl caught him on his off days albeit LYB's "involvement". Having said so, LD is ONE LEVEL above the rest of the world, coz he is as dominant as Tiger or Roger. PERIOD. :rolleyes:

16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    yeah... he's the roger frederer of badminton... i just hope any player can beat him in OG.. :D

17. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I totally agree with your post here. This is the right direction and approach that all BCers should follow: there should be no attack and insult to people, including BCers, players, and coaches, based on their preference, alliance, nationality, race, gender, origin, etc. BCers doing so deserve to be banned.

Additional approaches might be helpful:

When criticizing players and coaches, please do it constructively and try to do it to your own players and coaches, instead of to the opponents to whom you don't even support to avoid the appearance of being biased, degrading or bashing, which will certainly bring out sharp defense from the other side.

For criticism in a general nature that has been aired frequently in the forum, BCers should look for solutions to fix the problems instead. There is little value added by repeating the same criticism in BC over and over.

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Dont dream. Taufik has less than 20% to beat LD and LCW has only 40% to match him. It will be all CHN affairs :rolleyes:

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    very well said. thank you Birdwood.

20. taufik-ist

it administrator
    i think lindan will get a huge pressure... he knows he must win this OG ,he can't fail for second time. he may not be able to play in OG 2012... losing in OG 2008 may be a taint for his 'perfect' accomplishment/achievement as a badminton player :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#40 taufik-ist, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.