Kenichi Tago ( 田児賢一 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by jhirata, Dec 5, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

There's no difference..

- I would define the same also. What's more important is the scoreboard/how many games the match ends in. After all, isn't that proof enough of how one "toyed" with his/her opponent?? So, no, my definition is the same as yours.
    - How many games did ZJH beat Joko in?? Of course, that was using the OSS.
    - IMO, LD "toyed" with LCW in last yr's OG. I mean just look at the scoreboard. It doesn't matter if LD "played like superman", the fact is, LCW looked lost and awkward. Don't you think LD made LCW "look lower than his actual level" in last yr's OG?? Didn't you think "Hey, i can beat LCW, too??" For me, he did.
    - Are you sure only LD & LCW are the only ones who have ever made Persson look very awkward throughout the whole match?? You never seen Taufik toyed with Persson before??..I bet they can do the same against Zwiebler..:cool:
    - Again, if you want to discuss abt this player "toying" with that player, it depends also on who is the opponent. Another example, yes, i would say Simon "toyed" with Kenichi. But then again, i could care less.

Anyway, we are getting off the original topic of this thread (bringing up examples abt LD vs. LCW etc.)...

#41 ctjcad, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Honestly, No. I don't think LD made LCW "look lower than his actual level". He moved at his normal speed, his shots are of his normal quality, and so on. He looked totally normal to me (ya ya, a little bit nervous, I know I know :D).

And I definitely didn't think I can beat LCW too. :cool:

Anyway, what's important is that Simon Santoso beat the hell out of Kenichi Tago, "toyed" or not, not much difference... :D

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^What was the scoreboard in Simon Santoso vs. Kenichi Tago's match??..^^

..if the score in that match doesn't indicate Simon "toyed" with Kenichi, then i don't know what is (is there a video??)...Was Kenichi fatigued??..

I watched the 2nd game of Tago vs. Zwiebler's match and i'm still not surprised with the result...Tago was defo 1.5 level above Zwiebler & .5 level above Persson..
    ..i could also re-phrase it the other way:
    An example: ZJH "toyed" Joko in 1990 AE final; (Reason: Joko, actually looked like a top player, it's just that ZJH played like superman)

A counterexample: LD didn't "toy" LCW in the 2008 OG final. (Reason: LCW, a world class player, looked like an amateur)...a little bit nervous or not..

#43 ctjcad, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so,the toy term just apply on the way they look?not score?

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^It applies..^^

...to how a player plays against his/her opponent; with ease or a struggle. The scoreboard is a good indicator of how a player "toys" with his/her opponent.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this Joachim pearson is not consistent i could say. remember he manage to beat taufik hidayat in the japan open last year;)

his form is just like yoyo:p

7. isaura

isaura Regular Member

student
    i read in newspaper saying thatt her mum was ex-badminton player..HEr mum used to be runner up in AE n world championship but i dun remember the year and event she had participated..HEr mum was KEnichi's inspiration to do well in this wc

8. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Her mum was 1977 WC Champion but I dont know her name....

9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Well he still have a long way to go before he can be consider as a force to be recon with. Saw his match in the WC and I must say his speed is still not up to par with the good players and by good players I am not even refering to the speed king like Lindan and LCW.

Second, he uses his wrist to smash a lot rather than going for the full force of mid body power + arms. That makes his smashes rather inefficient.

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I am confused. Persson is a top 10 player. If Tago is 0.5 level above him, Tago should be around the same level as CJ, PG, or TH. Is that what you mean? :eek:

Finally watched the match (thanks badmintonfreak.com!). I would say Simon won easily due to experience. The young man Tago just lost focus after Simon varied pace a little, and is not fighting anymore. Is it fatigue? I don't know.

Well... When you watch OG final, edit the birdie out. Edit LD out. Then tell me, did LCW move like an amateur? Did he reflex like an amateur? Did he perform shots like an amateur?

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Tago, Tago, what have you done with ye333??...

- Don't be confused. I would say Tago is not in the same level as CJ, PG & TH..yet. Those guys are at least 1 level above Persson. Thus, those guys' levels are a bit above Tago. Don't look into their rankings (top 10 etc.) too much.
    - I will watch it later. But i wouldn't be surprised w/what you described.
    - I can also do likewise with the 1990 AE Final: Edit ZJH out. Did Joko move like an amateur? Did he reflex like an amateur? Did he perform shots like an amateur?

12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Ha... I didn't realize you put Tago already that high. :D

For your last question. Yes. Because Joko often stood still on the court, having no idea in which direction to move (typical situation for amateurs, right?). :D

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well..

- Yes, IMO, his level is higher than Persson & Zwiebler. I saw with my own eyes Tago's game, so it's nothing biased, just simple observation. Proved also by the scoreboards. Tago's skills are pretty good, esp. his footwork. But he's not as high (in level) as the other 3 players you mentioned.
    - I could say the same with LCW. With the way Super Dan played in the 08 OG, LCW had no idea, no time, no chance to read LinDan's moves..

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I just watched it, too..

..okay, i just finished watching that match. And boy, i nearly fell asleep..:(
    From my observation, I would say Tago seemed like he either didn't want to play or he just looked lost out there. Esp. in the 1st game, many unforced errors from him and he hardly moved like in his previous match. He could also improve on his defense as i saw many times he could barely react to Simon's smashes. He could be fatigued but he was moving okay in the 2nd game. I also don't know if that was their first ever meeting but i'd wait til their next match to see how Tago has figured out Simon.

Btw, here's their 09 Worlds' match videos:
    http://www.badmintonfreak.com/simon-santoso-vs-kenichi-tago-world-badminton-championship-2009-video/

15. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Well he is promising... played with a cool attitude and he is in the finals of the 100th all england.

He is young and there is a lot more for him but this has been a good on for him...

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    finally
    my fave ms entered the ae final:eek::D

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i didnt know that u r into japanese products:p

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
  19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    there is another upcoming ms
    and he is more handsome than any japan player i had seen:D
    watanabe tatsuya
    and also mitani minatsu
    my fave^^

brilliant:D

20. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Imagine he win the AE : he now would be considered as a legend in Badminton having win over LCW in the final of the older tournament ever, after victories over BCL, TMN etc..