Misbun quits as national singles coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Jan 1, 2011.

1. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    In case MS does not change his mind to resign and to quit coaching for good as reported in today's STAR, then LCW should stick to his decision to go professional. He could appoint Morten Frost to be his personal coach or one of the very good Chinese coaches.
    He has a good relationship with Morten who 'discovered' him in Penang and recommended him to be drafted into the national squad.
    LCW has been 'wounded' by uncouth remarks and these remarks are on record. He can no longer feel good 'inside'.

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I agree with you, there is no hidden agenda like some parties claimed.

Misbun is simply tired of all things that goes around him. sometimes, I find my work facing too much obstacles & feel like quiting but I don't have the financial muscle to quit but Missbun do...

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    maybe its right to say misbun should start work closely with the government of malaysia given the recent decision from bam as what chris-ccc said in other thread :D

he has work closely all this years with bam accept after the breaking point

and he shouldn't go back the same as he came out :eek:

with or without bam, they will go london 12

when minister intervene again :D

4. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach

thats called breaking point, mate :(

this happens to everyone but after a while it usually get fixed :D

either we could figure out a way to cope with it or

we quit as we need to move on :)

5. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    how to solve the conflict when coaches choose the same player? :)

i know you are trying to help :)

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

The same to you.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I think LCW is to some extent watching with some anxiety about this MS/BAM spat to the extent that he came out without a second thought with full support for MS and with his 'own condition' thrown in too.
    Now LD and the Chinese camp can surely see this emotional weakness of MS/LCW and will prepare to 'create' such sparks in important LD/LCW clashes in future.

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

As racquetor wisely said, why tamper with the elite squads coaching when they have only a year to Olympics. Just restructure the other squads who have no big targets.
    By the way, does anyone notice Koo/Tan getting worse with each tournament like they have been losing confidence. If they don't get world class coach TKH to guide Koo/Tan, this MAS MD will not see glory. That's what meant by world class players requiring world class coach.

In any case, why can't BAM wait until Olympics 2012 to shake things up. It's only some months that will go very fast. In the meantime they can save some money by disbanding the committee that Dato N hides behind and use the savings to send the back-up players to more tournaments. That way they get to build up their tactics which is best learnt through competing.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That's amazing imagination. If LCW was anxious
    , he would have lost early in SSMF. No top player can win in an anxious state.
    But I agree with you LD will hope for LCW to be wrought with emotions. LD needs all the indirect help he can to take out LCW.
    But I believe LCW actually will be more focused because either way, he will not have to deal with committee nonsense and can just concentrate on his badminton.

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Article from THREE YEARS AGO

Li Mao slams BAM training policy
    New Straits Times, Jan 14, 2008 | by K.M. Boopathy

FORMER national singles coach Li Mao has slammed the BA of Malaysia's (BAM) training attitude for hampering the nation from producing world class shuttlers.

Li Mao said the complicated system the BAM adopts doesn't allow a junior player with potential based at the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS), or a back-up shuttler in the 2010-2012 Project squad, to be drafted into the national senior squad, and this was one reason why he decided to quit BAM last January.

The coach had made a request to BAM for some of the players with potential from BJSS and the 2010-2012 Project squad but was turned down.

"I've never come across such a ridiculous system in any country where your best players are not allowed to train with the national senior squad. This is the main reason why I left," said Li Mao at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

"The idea is always to see the older players guiding the younger ones. This can only happen if the younger ones are allowed to spar with the seniors but it doesn't happen here.

"BJSS players are allowed to train with the Project Squad under Rashid (Sidek) but I wasn't given the liberty to choose any. How can I produce more top class players like (Lee) Chong Wei.

"In China, we can select any player with potential from anywhere. When I talk about Chong Wei, his titles come to my mind, but there is no other good memories.

"I could not say this when I was still coaching here as it would have invited problems but I can talk about it now."

Li Mao, who is now the singles coach with the South Korea squad, also said disunity among the singles and doubles players during his tenure in Malaysia also plagued the Malaysian game.

Li Mao said the Koreans are united in training and tournaments but this spirit is missing among Malaysian players.

"There is no unity. Singles players are on their own while the doubles players keep to themselves.

"They are very individualistic. The victories of a player are never acknowledged and instead there are a lot of unhappy faces."

BAM may be under the impression that this is Li Mao's way of getting back at them, but nonetheless, it should be looked into to see if the situation still exists with the national players.

11. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    "NSC director as to why Choong Tan Fook and Lee Wan Wah cannot think on Court, because he said " they are not smart, if they are smart they wouldn't choose to play badminton".

If they are smart, they should be in the committee instead, no? LOL ... like I said, smart can be defined in any way... you being a smart Donald Trump doesn't mean you are smart enough in coaching footballers, no? Being a so-called smart leader but you still aren't aware of the old problems in your organization... insane, that kind of smart... but yeah, he kinda smart enough to make the TCC plays the main role in the saga...

12. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    London in June-August is summer, great time to visit, you can enjoy an ice scream and watch leng lui's walking around.

13. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    and how can all the smart people in BAM failed to realize this? or perhaps it's in their smart minds to just ignore it... it's just their specialties, these smart BAM people...

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

That is indeed very damaging on the part of BAM.

They are also guilty of not being able to change despite claiming they have made a revamp.

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I see what you people are getting at, The BAM basically is the same old BAM , it just has an additional TCC to make committee decisions to implement the same old system.
    Same old system in the form of the structure and set-up, but an additional TCC to implement things like coaches' and player's performance so that technical people can make decisions for the chairman who previously did not have a committee to make decisions. Coaching methods though fall under the TCC.
    The problem lies more in the current set-up and organisation, not the committee (except coaching methods).
    But the dispute is not just about the rigid and slow set-up, but also coaching methods.
    So?

#435 Bbn, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  16. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

As long as the top few management people are there. MAS badminton is unlikely to move forward. Apparently, they have not learn anything from the departure of Li Mao and the success behind the Koreans in Uber cup(seniors pairing with juniors, seniors guiding the juniors players).

The core of the problems are the policy makers and the system. When you have committee members which are mostly personals without experience in competitve badminton, this is as good as it gets(MAS current situation). It seems that unless BAM gets the help of divine power, we will continue seeing MAS baddy going through slump just like what's happening in the elite and backup squad right now(except KKK/TBH and LCW). Forget about hiring Tang XinFu or other famous coaches like Park JooBong, things will never change with this kind of rigid system in place(or should I said management who trying to be smart when they are really not?).

Good luck Malaysia.

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    thanks undeadshot, i hope this will change our perception on misbun trying to take in ramdan

so happen to be his son :)

18. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
  19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Indeed a very tempting thought! Especially if the Sing$ continues to strengthen against the English pound! And budget airlines like AirAsia will add more seats to bring the fare lower. :rolleyes:

I just hope my regular baddy buddy will be able to make it too. And I suppose the tough birdie will also be in attendance not only to watch LCW in action but also to enjoy the cosmopolitian scene. :D

20. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I tried (I sure did *sigh*) not to be pessimist about BAM's efforts towards better development of MAS badminton... however, what I saw since last few years also frustrated me... as much as I love seeing LCW and KKK-TBH playing for MAS, I also want to see new rising star that we could transfer our hope for by the time they left the scene but... *sigh* ok, MD aside... the MS and WS departments are really in dire need to produce better players... I know it's too short to already place judgment on the new TCC and the revamping... but did they actually LISTEN to the coach when they make the decision on the best training method etc? how can players stay in back-up team with little success/improvement and yet still there for over a year? then what's gonna happen to the juniors? how long does our juniors need to wait for the back-up aka seniors to excel before they could shine themselves? 3 years? 5?

oppsss time's up... will continue later... I think I'm blabbering, perhaps some nonsense...... will edit trow... :D