Kenichi Tago ( 田児賢一 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by jhirata, Dec 5, 2008.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Not really.. Tago has a pretty good offensive game. He looses more when defending smashes against body and when a bit late backwards still going for smash.. Many of his loosing points today could be attributed to semiforced errors.. I actually think his Arc-Z is hurting his game.. It gives him good power, but it hurts his control / defence..

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ahem.... :D

tago-jump-smash.jpg

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    still need to add on some intensity in his stamina tank in order to have a more consistent appearance in semi final or final.
    as i said in post number 221 in this thread
    anyway,he had improved on this lately but still not good enough
    and he need to be more humble
    humble and humble
    ur idol,taufik have reasons to head up but u have none,so u should keep your head down and learn more

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    So you are saying if Tago changes to another racket that gives better control / defense, he could lessen his errors ? Also, will that be a sacrifice for his smashes / attack ?? :p

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kenichi, we believe in you!

Kenichi lost the finals of the French Open 2011, to LCW in straight games. But that dry information does not tell the real story. It does not tell you how Kenichi Tago played.

It will not tell you about the power of his smashes that left LCW stranded time and again. Or the choice of his attacking defensive returns that made the fastest player on the planet scramble to get at. Or of his immaculate netplay, which we knew he always had.

It does not tell you of the beauty of his backhand, or of the power and suppleness of his wrists when he hits those backhands; shots which would make his idol Taufik proud to own.

It does not tell you about the look on Kenichi's face: of a young man who wants to win that title, but who agonized, must watch it slip away because he is still not consistently good enough to beat the Malaysian. But it will tell you about Kenichi losing hope at some point in the second game, and with it, his consistency, his immaculate defence, his accuracy, and finally, his interest.

But I would like to tell you Kenichi: we believe in you.

We believe you can be The One. That you can be among the best in your time. That you can win the big titles. That you have the potential and the skill, and the raw talent and instinctive brilliance that most Chinese and Indonesian players would gladly chop their other hand off for, to possess.

That is not enough, though. You must believe in yourself. And follow up the belief with hard work. And build up the consistency and intensity. There is no other way.

And you must stop being tentative and overly respectful of your idols. You must make your idols proud of you! They should be proud that they were able to inspire another player who would become as great as they were! You have to be ruthless on court, without being arrogant or insulting. But you must learn to be ruthless.

At 22, Kenichi Tago is still young enough to play for another 8, 10, 12 years even! His best days are yet ahead of him. I fully believe that in the very near future, we will know Kenichi, not as the giant-killer; but as the giant, himself.

6. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    Kenichi Tago perfomance against LCW is amazing yesterday.BTW,his back with his favourite racket Arc Zslash from VT80.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    16-21, 11-21 .. Define Amazing???

8. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    He manage to make LCW fully stretch all the game,i think that is amazing.Compare to his all england 2010 and Open Japan 2011.. =)

9. KillerQT

KillerQT Regular Member

I think All England 2010 is much better and thrilling game... KT gave LCW problems especially those smashes from KT... and the winning point is a tight call.

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Cobalt, that was a nice one :). If Tago can read and understand it I am sure when he meets you, he will hug you with his powerful legs up your waist. :D Thus, I suggest you go to the gym right now after reading this post and start pumping your thight muscle :DBtw, I can't write like you so I can only tell him to be a full timer :D

#250 pBmMalaysia, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the points he gained from the FO has took him up to Rank 15 for OLY qualification, provisionally qualified for London, definitely one of the dark horse to look out for

#251 AlanY, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It's amazing he's only just cracked the top 15 for OG qualification. I always thought he was comfortably in there

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

he picked up over 10000 points for the last 2 t'ments, was at No 32 before the FO.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    If he increase by 20% in speed, he can do all the jump smash. His speed is not there at the moment. ;)

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    This is how you jump KT.... lol.

lcw.jpg

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Sadly not..

This is how you do it :)

[video=youtube;mYQbzJEKVs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYQbzJEKVs4[/video]

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

That s true. But I thought jump smash has to go against gravity so he s gotta lose some weight first, like 2 kg? By the way, Kei Nishikori s just upset tennis World No 1, Novak Djokovic in Basel Swiss Indoors, coming from a set down. Amazing to watch. Cool mind, neat speed, good head, solid shots. That s looking at two future WR1, one in badminton, one in tennis... Now if Tago can just replace some fat cells with muscle... The Japanese are going places!

18. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    Just done watching the match against LCW.. I would say that he should never play any defensive style.. it's not suited him at all.. he forced to play defensive style in set 2 bcoz LCW's pace is way too high for him..

I like his smash.. he can make the best-defense-player didn't have enough time to react :) just that bcoz he's a little bit too slow, so he can't smash alot :(

and 1 thing, is it just from my view, or he is really relying too much on his backhand? it's good to suprise ur opponent, but once ur opponent get used to it, it's not that suprise anymore.. well, his idol is taufik, so, he must be copying him :)

19. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    Against,KT fail to reach to semifinal in Macau open and losing out to HH 21-14 21-19 .Based on the match statistic,HH really dominte the netplay.KT need to improve his net play and speed.

20. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    Typo error for the early word Once again*