What Shuttles Have You Used

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 29, 2007.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    OH THAT LINK... hahaha... i remember reading that long time ago now. my list is slightly different from him. in terms of 300b, i do not think itz on par with as-50 because of the durability and the shuttle feel. i feel that the as-50 cork is harder and also the overall shuttle is more durable. what i find good about yang yang 300b was that 300b was considerably cheaper and for the price, it was a good shuttle. the flight path is consistent (unless feather falls off like most/all shuttles) and when i used it, i can go from one shuttle to the next in the tube and there'd be no inconsistency from one shuttle to the next unlike some other brand of shuttles. also, most of the rating i created was for price to shuttle quality/durability ratio (me poor) i rated RSL tourney #1 the best only because i can get it for $15 flat. i used to rate hi-qua chester pretty high too cuz i could get it for $17. now itz just way too expensive. as-40 is about $23-24 after tax. to me as-40 (i can only get at one speed) flies fast. they are durable but comparing $15 to $24, i'd rather go with RSL cuz it almost last as long as the as-40. if u want quality, go with as-50. i have no doubt they are one of the best shuttles in terms of quality and durability u can find here in US (think japan came out with a higher grade of Yonex shuttle than the AS-50, just unaffordable).

2. gavias

gavias Regular Member

Here in Portugal the shuttlecocks adopted by the federation are the AS-40, speed 3. In my club we have play with this shuttlecocks, but they break easly. We already tried Trump T-101, and Yehlex Championship grade and Premium. Trump even before feathers break, start to loose their round shape and flatten. The Yehlex have durable feathers but the flight its not stable and the cork its very soft and after a while is all marked by the string.

We are looking for a shuttlecock like AS-40, with the same speed, and flight stability, but more durable and cheaper. We hope that Yang Yang have this characteristics.

Yonex have a higher grade then AS-50. Its the Yonex Tournment.

3. tttoyzzz

tttoyzzz New Member

employee
    where to buy gadjah mada greenband in jakarta?

my dad's going to jakarta this weekend. Can someone pls tell me where I can have him buy GadjahMada greenband in jakarta? any sports goods store? I was thinking of getting more than a dozen hopefully .... since i hear theyre good ... these shuttles arent available in manila :(
    any info would be much appreaciated. Thanks!!!

4. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

lots of places carrying this shuttle. Depending where your father is going to stay.
    In my view, this type is very stable/consistent, but very easy to broke normally I need 6pcs for 1x30 game. Before I played with this shuttle but now I played with Kartika. The speed is the same with GM green. Durability is far away better. 1x30 using 3-4pcs.

5. tttoyzzz

tttoyzzz New Member

employee
    Thanks for the fast response h4n5ip!
    really!? i even heard someone say GM greenband is comparable
    to chaopai red.
    Does Kartika have diff variants? red, green, black,etc? which one do you use and how much is it usually for a tube? thanks!

6. h4n5ip

h4n5ip Regular Member

As I told you before, it is a good bird, but nowadays it's very easy to broke.
    Never tried chaopai red before.

Nope, kartika has only one variant so far as I known. You won't find it in the market. I buy straight from the maker.
    The price for GM green is $3.8 (6 pcs)
    The price for Kartika is $6 (12 pcs)
    My feeling, kartika is quite similar to Protech I forget the variant. but I remember the price for the protech $18.

Very worth it to try. If you want to try you could ask your father to take half dozen Gm and Half dozen kartika. I can organize for you, depending where your father stay.

7. Applemoment

Applemoment Regular Member

Vector Artist
    Well, I was doing some surfing, and found this forum ~.~ Let me explain to you about this one =)

My Grandfather is the owner of Garuda Shuttlecock Industry, the company is divided by 2 now, Garuda Budiono Putra, and Garuda Torasakti Indotama. My father is on Garuda Torasakti Indotama.

The products itself divided by many variation, if you're a pro, playing with Garuda Crystal, sure it will be like playing with a crap. Try Garuda International if you are looking for our higest quality product. But I am guarantee only on Torasakti Indotama's product only, bcoz Budiono Putra is not belong to our family again. It has different owner.

8. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    ^
    Last time i use Garuda is not good experience, i try both Tora and Budiono and yes International also. Sorry but i feel your quality is not as good as Garuda i know 18 years ago, still have a good fly but feather loosing durability too fast and sometimes broken when smashing.
    Now using Cobra Gold for acceptable performance with reasonable price and if my friend want to use somethig for more serious game we use RSL no 1 Tourney but its so pricey.
    I keep wondering what happen to the brand that very famous in my teenage time....Gajahmada and Garuda :(
    Improve your quality again bro i really missing the old times, i wish all best for you and your company :D

9. Applemoment

Vector Artist
    Well, thanx for the critic i will pass this information to the owners.

Sure our quality is not as good as 18 years ago maybe imo because even the materials' the same, our workers is not the same fyi our products are still using manual way. Budiono is the one who win the old factory but he is already pass away, his children.. i don't know ^^". Our factory is new, the only one left from this shuttlecock production is just my father, he is the one who can make this products like grandpa.

Lately, we're trying to use some new modern machine for production, hope this way can make a better products than before =)

Well gajahmada is our family too. I think they still have some great products like the old times, are they? o_O

#129 Applemoment, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  10. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    ^
    nope, Gajahmada easily broken too and pricey :( Rp 41000 (in my court :D) for half dozen is too expensive with durability like that.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..wow, never knew Gadjah Mada brand is part of your family's shuttlecock business. And i've used that brand before.
    Another question, is it true there are several types of Gadjah Mada shuttlecock model? I heard the "best" ones are sold 6 pieces in a tube, instead of 12 pieces in a tube?? And the color is green.

12. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Mavis 300/350
    Mavis 7

It would be an honor if someone would let me try for 1 game a feather birdie:p
    Where I live, most retail sport stores sell only plastic and come at $15/tube and no feather:(

13. Applemoment

Vector Artist
    Gajahmada is belong to my grandpa's sister =) and yeah there are several types of them but i think their best product is gajahmada international with red tube in 6 pieces.

14. SAMUDERAINDIA

SAMUDERAINDIA Regular Member

Finance Manager
    Sorry but I really dissapointed with Gajahmada, i bought 2 regular one and 2 tubes special.

I brought it to vietnam to show that indonesia made such excelent shuttle.

But infact i was embarrased, the shuttle crumbled after few strokes, it need 3-4 shuttle for 1 set. then all my club mate bit reluctant when I took my GM shuttle as every player has to contribute.
    Now I return to Haiyen, with half price and much better quality

15. issarakaya

Operational Dir.
    ^
    Once upon a time Gajahmada was the best shuttlecock in Indonesia :D
    I have same experience like you, even the red tube is not as good as i remember :( Hopefully bro applemoment pass our message to the owner :D

16. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

no way man ........
    I've tried before, and similar to SamuderaIndia, it was embarrasing moment to me when I introduced it to my group ....

17. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

badminton is a simple game but expensive sport ..... my current group only uses Yonex AS40 or AS50, simply because of durability, it can be used at least for 1.5 set (1 set of 21-points)

18. nainaitok

nainaitok New Member

hm..I used to use Gadjahmada as well
    Im not a big fans with the green GadjahMada..but the red one still great.

Now adays, I use Garuda The tube is black, so far I'm very staisfied..it's not too light and not too heavy (for me). But some of my badminton mate think that Garuda is too heavy..but they are used to play with shuttlecock like Java..

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Ah..

..ah, it's the red tube. I've used the red tube ones, but it has 12 pieces. Unfortunately, when used in the U.S., the speed was just slow.
    Actually i was referring to the green band that goes around the cork. Is the Gadjahmada international the one with the green band or different colored band??..:confused:

20. tenggk

tenggk Regular Member

I bought a few tubes from a seller 3 months back and he also claimed that his grandfather is the owner of the product. Ronald is the name. Are you guys related? :)

Yes, the green band seems to last longer than the red but they are not durable shuttlecock as my group used up to 3 shuttlecocks per set. Considering that we do not have great smashers, feathers fall off too easily with each impact of the smash.

As the shuttlecocks' feathers were pretty dry, thinking it could be the cause of the poor quality, I requested the seller to get me another fresh tube directly from Indonesia. The result was the same. :(