my new Gamma 6004 6pt SC Stringing Machine.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Michal's supports won't solve the positioning problem unfortunately :( But they will be better than the Gamma ones for sure.

Also, I didn't go from 5003 to 6004. My other machine is a Progression ST II, which is pretty much a table top 5003 with self centering mounting system. I'm actually keeping it, so I have 2 machines :p Allows me to string from wherever I am :)

2. Michal

Michal Regular Member

Regarding the edges. Corrected. The inserts are "full" now.
    Regarding the lenght of the screws. Noted. Meanwhile, I suggest cut them, yourself (the saw for steel).
    DarthHowie. You can improve your current version to new "polyamide version".
    Any question, please PM me. EOT.

3. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

[MENTION=75572]yan.v[/MENTION]
    Does your machine come with C-Shape side support (like what it shows on web site) or L-Shape side support (like brother kwun has)? I just talked to atssports and they told me they upgrade the model again this year and Badminton shoulder adapter L-Shape is not needed anymore.

What kind of clamp do you get? I was told they change that too, Unfortunately, I forgot what they told me.:(

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I bought it used. It has L Shaped side supports with the badminton adapters.

The upgrades are showing on their website, so what you see is the upgraded version. You shouldn't need to buy the adapters anymore.

As for the clamps, I have the Gamma badminton clamps. I believe the new version comes with universal clamps, not sure though.

5. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Hey wlotus,

I just got my 6004 a few weeks ago and it does indeed come with the C shaped supports. I am using the default universal clamps and they work really well.

6. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

[MENTION=75572]yan.v[/MENTION], thanks for sharing.
    [MENTION=77724]GaryC[/MENTION], thanks for sharing and congratulations to your new 6004. :)

How do you feel about the new C-shaped side support, are they strong and stable enough to hold the racket?
    How about the overall quality of the current version of Gamma 6004? Any comments?

7. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Well my old stringer before was a Gamma Progression 602 with the L shaped support and I found them okay. The C shaped ones are a little smaller and easier to get around, they are definitely stable although I've only strung maybe 10 racquets thus far, the self centering is what I really like. One thing I notice though is that once I get the side supports on it seems to make the racquet sit higher on the 12 o clock support like it's not in the grooved part, is that the case with the L shaped supports?

8. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

What do you mean by self-centering? Sorry, don't really understand how it works just yet.

9. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    both north and south mounts (it's what the support arms are attached to) move in unison when you turn the knob when you adjust to different racket types/sizes. In his progression 602, you can move each of them individually...if you don't have both centered then an uneven length of string would be required to reach the tensioner (as you rotate the racket back and forth when doing the mains).

It's a nice to have feature.

10. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

My gamma 6004 arrived yesterday. It's a solid machine, and Yes, I love it.:D

It comes with universal clamp. I believe everything just looks like what you saw from those beautiful photos taken by brother kwun, except they change side support to C-Shaped.

There is only one little issue I encounter so far, when I string the last two mains, the bottom part of C-shaped side support seems get into my way and I couldn't clamp close enough to the racket.

Here are some photos for the C-Shaped side support with current version of Gamma 6004 in case you're interested. Please pardon my poor photography skill.:p

20130611_173116.jpg

20130611_173123.jpg

11. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

This issue also arises with the old supports.

Also, it seems that the arms go further than the previous version of the machine, which is nice.

12. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

By looking at kwun's photo/video and his setup, it looks like the bottom part of his L-shaped support with badminton sleeve doesn't go out that much as C-shaped support.

Speaking of arms go further, I think it's just because I made the frame support at 6 and 12 o'clock closer to the base, so side support goes a little bit further and won't block my way when working at mains. I doubt the arms are really longer than previous version of the machine.;)

13. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

With my 12 support completely tightened, my arms barely reach the other side of the last shared grommets, and I do mean barely! That is with any racket with new patterns (76 holes +).

As for the supports getting in the way for the last main strings, I can't talk for kwun, but I have the same machine and it gets in the way most of the time.

14. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

I'd like to confirm that yan.v is right about the length of arms of current version of 6004. It's longer than previous version (based on what yan.v described about his 6004 arm length). See photos below. Racket is VT Z Force.

From Top:

overall_top.jpg

Support at 6 O'clock; Roughly 1cm gap from base measured by my near-sighted eyes.:)

6oclock.jpg

Support at 12 O'clock; Roughly 0.5cm gap from base. Again, measured by my near-sighted eyes.:p

12oclock.jpg

Side support at 10 O'clock

top_side.jpg

Another view of side support at 10 O'clock

top_up.jpg

Side support at 8 O'clock

bottom_side.jpg

Another view of side support at 8 O'clock

bottom_up.jpg

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I am not too convinced about the arm length.

Attached Files:

16. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    wlotus,

Did your machine not come with the badminton adapters? Although it looks pretty decent without them.

17. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Mounted my Z-Force, and this is what I'm getting:
    2013-06-13 11.27.41.jpg

Not a big difference, but still different.

18. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

No, it doesn't come with badminton side sleeves (if this is what you ask) like kwun has. Actually, Gamma no longer listed it on their site. It was there last week when I checked.

I only bought a badminton frame support for 6 O'clock. Everything else is default setting.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's kinda disappointing. initially i had higher hope that it won't protrude into the string space, but it looks like it does more than the old design with the sleeve.

i wish they'd make a sleeve like the Yonex ES5Pro.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we need some measurements. :)

will do it tonight when i get home.