Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    No, not in the least despite what you feel. Malaysia's strengths are some where else. How about accuracy, foxy, a bit of flamboyance and unpredictability, and excellence in techniques or even patience? Also take what you learn from the 'open house' type of comradeship to the team. The key person to this last one is the DOC but he must have the interpersonal skills and the command of respect from the others.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

limsy, I have started off and provided some sort of a crutch for you to join us in the discussion in greater depth. Why the deafening silence? Do you think the solution is to simply kick out the BAM management and for you and your team to take over?

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if they really want public to start believe they are changing or willing to change(ubah is opposition slogan,wakakaka)
    the 1st thing to do is clear all the aftermath for those misconduct and failure.

u can change the outfit of proton saga to nissan gtr
    but still slow,because the engine is the same.

if we achieve better after PJB become DOC than now,it only because of the REGRESSION TOWARD THE AVERAGE (part of the illusion control theory from psychology).

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Would love to do that... With five figure salary

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

limsy and others, can you please pull your resources together and come up with problems-I mean real problems like areas in which BAM and Malaysian badminton have not achieved.
    Please identify the goals that have not been achieved but they must be goals that are reasonably expected of Malaysia.
    Do not sidestep the real issues here by talking politics, corruption, etc., etc. because this forum is not about elections 'bull....'. If you go on running riot on 'hot air' and outpouring of deep-seated hatred, then maybe you need to look at yourself closer home and I mean much closer home within your arm's length.
    If you cannot identify the problems then you are out of your depth here. The same applies if you cannot even identify country's badminton goals.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    then why dont u tell us what did bam achieved and what goal they reached?
    if u cant even give an example,this mean they yet to achieve or reach any goal.

its like asking someone to proof 1+1=2
    if u cant proof 1+1 is not 2,then 1+1=2 is correct.no?

7. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Hmmm ... I am just surprised that there are still Malaysians who believed that Malaysia can still win the Thomas Cup /Sudirman Cup /Uber Cup (team events) in the future .... For me, 1992, was a ONE-OFF FLUKE ... ;)

Note that there will always be one or two exceptional indvidual players emerging (like Lee Chong Wei) BUT as a team with depth and strong in 2nd and 3rd singles and both doubles, capable of winning the cups, nope, I cannot see it ....

But, like all Malaysians, I enjoy my badminton , just like I enjoy watching English football every weekend while fully accepting the fact that Malaysian football is total CRAP !! Malaysian badminton is heading the same way too ...

SO, just have fun and enjoy the game, BAM is going down the same hole as FAM ... and there is nothing we can do about it, so long as the POLITICANS are running the show ...

#1067 maxout, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Actually I have no problem with BAM's overall performance. After all it is still one of the top ranked badminton powers in the men's.
    You can forget about Malaysia reclaiming to be world #1 or #2. Unlike in the past when the game was played by a handful of countries and even then by a handful of players in those countries, Malaysia had bragging rights., today the rest of the world has overtaken Malaysia. Is this a surprise?
    Now, since you are the one who says BAM has failed the country please tell us how, where, and how?
    Now, don't 'chicken' out and play the same old game of avoiding answering by asking more irrelevant questions. I am beginning to think there is something missing in your thinking machine.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so who are the one who chicken out?:rolleyes:
    i asked u about what had bam achieved,LAST MONTH :cool:
    then u disappear for more than one week.:D
    then i ask u again now,but still u cannot answer.:p

u said u have no problem with bam overall performance.
    but u cant even tell us ONE thing that bam done nicely?:confused:

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    or u want to reply the post 949th? which u avoid to give any respond
    since u said u own some big company
    sure u know alot about business and economy.

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I doubt there is anyone is your book that is 'worth his salt', except maybe BAM. How is it that there is not one single 'constructive critism' about BAM from you? As for me, I can say that BAM is good in getting the $$$ in, which is a compliment.

Kindergarten textbook excerpt. BAM hired Park. So are you disagreeing with BAM?

Some degree a truth there, but bears little weight. Who says LCW did not benefit form Li Mao's coaching. Everyone in this forum knows but you. Go read his book Dare to be a Champion and stop reading Robert Kiyosaki. :D

This quote is just an 'over-compartmentalization' and a plain error in CAPITALS. Each individual player has his own style and manner of play, rather than to quote the whole Malaysian nationality. In fact I challenge you to go to the nearest badminton near you and see each player's style of playing and sure you will find a player with power play. Maybe not as polish as LD, but there are certainly around.

12. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I would like to reiterate that one of LCW's most major characteristic or arsenal of weaponry is his footwork in which he runs around the court 'like doing a ballet' (euphemism). And that is what Li Mao's coaching contributed to LCW. Yes originally LCW had trouble concentrating on this focus and even lost touch with his game. But he became a new player when his footwork brought about swiftness in his game. Look at his court coverage and dive retrievals.

Another thing is his injection of pace, be it defence or attack, as defence is actually another form of attack too. Furthermore, if LCW had stuck to his retrieving abilities and be contented without initiating an attacking game, LCW would not be where his game is today. So don't label Malaysians as not 'power play' players but should stick to a patient, stroke play. The game now is different than in the 70s till 20th century. Try playing a stroke play now in a 21 point system and you will kill your own game faster than you enter this career. You need to equip with speed and power. Even a player like Vietnam no 1 Nguyen had to develop his speed and power, although nowhere near LD. Badminton is in a different era since the change of the point system.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

#1073 eaglehelang, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,its the same like MACC. never independent. so does pjb.
    and someone chickened out.

15. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    New Description for BAM

Today I learned a new word in Malay, that describes BAM as an alternate to the 'smoke screen, smoke screen, put them on like sunscreen' term I use.

It's called 'SANDIWARA', means performing an act or a show, as a means to hoodwink you guys, like a ninja throws a smoke bomb before they dodge your queries of 'mismanagement' of a myriad of crucial issues which I care not to regurgitate.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Continued support assured
    By K.M. BOOPATHY
    15 October 2012

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/continued-support-assured-1.157123

Excerpts:
    NSI chief executive officer (CEO) Ahmad Shapawi Ismail said although there is a shortage of sports science experts, badminton is one of the high profile sports which will receive continued support due to its potential to win gold in Rio.

..."Roesdi will be the main person in charge and will get several assistants to help prepare a bigger pool of players.
    "I also believe that the success of the sports science staff will also depend on the co-operation of the coaches and the commitment of the players who must have faith in the sports science approach."

Roesdi, who specifically looked after Chong Wei and other senior players, will also get assistance from the experienced Sean Sturgess who could also play a big role in helping the doubles.

The efforts of Sturgess was one of the main reasons Malaysia had about five top class pairs between 2005 and 2007 but their fitness became a major concern when Rexy Mainaky opted for other physical conditioning experts after that.

Sturgess went on to become the sports science co-ordinator for archery, badminton, cycling and diving for the 2012 Olympics which didn't give him the opportunity to have a direct impact on the shuttlers.

However, Sturgess has been conducting two physical training sessions per week for the men's doubles after a request from chief coach Tan Kim Her but it could be increased if the former gets the greenlight from NSI.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

Joo-bong has some unfinished business in Malaysia

ODENSE: Barring one final meeting with his current employers, the Japan BA, South Korean Park Joo-bong is set to assume the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) coaching director’s post. And it’s a task he relishes because “I have some unfinished business with Malaysian badminton”.

The 44-year-old, who is here with the Japan team for the Den­mark Open, coached the Malaysian team for three years and three months from 2000-2003. For the most part of it, Joo-bong was the men’s doubles chief coach although he did take up the supremo post briefly when Denmark’s Morten Frost left.

“There are some reasons why I’ve been attracted to the idea of returning to Malaysia ... there are some things that I want to set right,” said Joo-bong yesterday.

“I like to set big goals and work towards achieving them. My target then was the 2000 Olympic Games, the Thomas Cup Finals in 2002 and the World Championships in Seville (2001). The field was strong at the Olympics but we had a good chance in the Thomas Cup and world meet.”

None of the Malaysians won a medal at the 2000 Sydney Games, with Lee Wan Wah-Choong Tan Fook losing in the bronze medal playoff.
    Malaysia also had two semi-finalists – Tan Fook-Wan Wah and Chan Chong Ming-Chew Choon Eng – at the World Championships in Seville but both pairs crashed out.

At the Thomas Cup in Guangzhou in 2002, Malaysia came close to wresting the crown after 10 years but eventually lost 3-2 to Indonesia in a thrilling final. One of Malaysia’s most notable achievements under Joo-bong then was beating Indonesia to the team title for the first time in 10 years at the 2001 SEA Games. Joo-bong admitted that during his previous stint with Malaysia, he lacked the authority to carry out some of his plans.

“In Japan, I get full support to plan and execute the coaching and training programmes. The Japan national team only get together before a major event and, most of the times, the players are with their clubs.
    “The association manage the finances. Sometimes, I get fundings to run the programme while at other times I’ll tweak it (the programme) if there is insufficient money,” he said.

Joo-bong acknowledged that “things are looking positive after several discussions with BAM”.
    “However, I can only decide after the final meeting with the Japan BA. I have a contract with them until March,” he pointed out.

Will Mr. Park has the complete authority?

#1077 nokh88, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    uncle, next time please adjust the headline and bolded part....hard to understand...

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Nephew, Unlike last time, it's now very tedious to cut and paste in BC. So much editing to do. That's why you seldom see me posting news. I may just post the link next time.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Something that is apparently making more news regarding BAM than badminton, is the issue of sending notices of demand to journalists. From Dhaliwal's blog:

"Just a few days after the National Union of Journalists raised the issue of intimidation of sports journalists, we can now reveal that a journalist has received a letter of demand from a sports official that has close links with the Badminton Association of Malaysia.

"The letter of demand was received yesterday and although the details are still sketchy, it is apparently on an article the journalist wrote with regards to preferential treatment received by some badminton players.

"The plaintiff who has close ties with two top BAM officials is obviously peeved at what was written and this comes in wake of the two BAM officials having somewhat issued veiled threats against journalists last month."