Dilemma! Which racket MX80 / MXJJS / BS12

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by diverdan, Mar 29, 2013.

1. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Hello BC :)

I have a nice decision to make but need some help in doing so.

I currently use a 4U MX80 which I really like and a 3U SW35 as a backup. The SW35 is starting to feel like a plank of wood. Its great for power but is very limited. I have been looking into buying another racket. I know I could go for another MX80 but if I am going to spend over £100 I am starting to think I should try something else, live a little. The MXJJS has got good reviews but I am reluctant to buy a fans racket. It has similar specs to the MX80 so it would be the prudent choice. The BS12 seems like another great racket and one I would like to trial. I noticed in a thread that Kim Sa Rang normally uses a MX80 but swapped during a match to a BS12 as his strings kept breaking. So the transition to the BS shouldn't be too hard.

What do you think?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

I had an mx80, 70 and had bs12.
    Bs12 would be noticeably
    more flexy. It wasn't for me as
    the head was lagging too much for my style.

3. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Thanks Visor. I have used a flexy racket before and didn't like it. Like you I found the head wasn't quick enough. I thought the BS12 maybe different. I have also read the reviews on the MX70 so it's either the MX80 or MXJJS.

If anyone is reading this and has personal experience what advantages and disadvantages does the MX80 have over the MXJJS? I use a 4U MX80 already so head speed for defence isn't a real problem.

4. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

I haven't tried the MX80 yet but I've tried MX60, MX70, MX JJS and SW35.

MX JJS feels most solid and direct.
    MX 70 feels hollow.
    The SW35 is good for strength training but is quite limited. Too slow for my liking.

I liked MX JJS the most but it is stiff and needs good technique. If you can use the MX80 properly, then the MX JJS shouldn't be a problem for you.
    The MX60 is a close second (because of ease of use).

note: I know you didn't asked for the MX60 but I mentioned it for the sake of throwing in a medium stiffness racket in the comparison (as the BS 12).

#4 bakulaw, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  5. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

MX-JJS is less demanding and easier access to power. But compared to MX80 it does have lag when taking shots. Quite minimal though. It also feels more repulsive than MX80. After switching between most MX series, MX80 is still the one :D

6. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Im starting to think the MX80 is the only decent racket in the world!