Will Lee Chong Wei remain World No.1 until the 2012 OG?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Apr 6, 2009.

1. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LD may have played in more tournaments than LCW in 2011 but don't forget his withdrawals in the Malaysia, Singapore and Japan SS tournaments at the 'appropriate stage' to help his fellow-players win. Chen Long was 'helped' in the Malaysia and Japan tournaments and CJ in the Singapore tournament.

:cool::cool::cool:

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LD didn't complete most of the tournament that he participate. He reported for work only for 3 days and went sight seeing during the weekends Family day?

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    China used Lin Dan to help his teammates, Chen Long and Chen Jin, to qualify for OG

So true; as I commented in Post #1 (back in April 2009);
    By the time the 2012 Olympic Games arrive, when this thread ends, we could say that China used Lin Dan to help his teammates, Chen Long and Chen Jin, to qualify for the Games; And BWF couldn't do anything to prevent it. ;););)

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    China china... Why are you doing this ? U r mighty enough to win it fair and square

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

For CHN players to think of Badminton only as a team sport (even at tournaments oraganised for individuals), we cannot blame them for match-fixing and/or giving walkovers.

Perhaps the BWF needs to remind China what tournaments are team-based and what tournaments are individual-based. :D:D:D

6. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

It's a paper tiger which makes some noise now and then but has no bite.
    Susah lah!
    Someone is laughing all the way to the golden goal posts.

7. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i agree with u... y y y ? can sum1 explain y? [:)QUOTE=SibugiChai;1767522]China china... Why are you doing this ? U r mighty enough to win it fair and square[/QUOTE]

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

We are fed-up with players who are match-fixing and/or who are giving walkovers

It's because we want ALL players who participate in tournaments to play with their best effort.

Even when players who play against teammates, they should play their best.

We are fed-up with players who are match-fixing with, and/or giving walkovers to teammates.

When Badminton has this 'BAD' reputation, Badminton won't be a 'GOOD' sport to attract new followers. :(:(:(

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think we are barking up the wrong tree here..

If BWF (seriously) wanna do something about this, the core issue is the organizational structure of pro badminton with national bodies responsible for registering and managing players on BWF events.

Look at Tennis for example.. it is all about PLAYERS not "nations".. there are no f**ing "flags" in the draw of the ATP-tour.. It is Federer vs. Nadal, Not "Schweiz vs. Spain" ... BWF could ssimply start by eluding ALL national referenses in draws, PR etc..

In the SS it should be Player NAMEs, not "national organizations" and Flags before each player on tournamentsoftware etc.. Nor focus on "China takes all medals" etc. etc. for the events..

Less focus on the national aspect and more focus on the individual players are probably the best start.. And it is really BWF who has to start it..

The other option is to "embrace" the "national"/"Team" concept, but then all competions should really be considered as "team"/"nation" venets, and to make this conccept work BWF has to limit cup draws to only 1 or two players / country for fairness..

My 2c..

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think we are barking up the wrong tree here..

If BWF (seriously) wanna do something about this, the core issue is the organizational structure of pro badminton with national bodies responsible for registering and managing players on BWF events.

Look at Tennis for example.. it is all about PLAYERS not "nations".. there are no f**ing "flags" in the draw of the ATP-tour.. It is Federer vs. Nadal, Not "Schweiz vs. Spain" ... I think BWF could ssimply start by trying to exluding most of the national referenses in draws, PR etc..

In the SS it should be Player NAMEs, not "national organizations" and Flags before each player on tournamentsoftware etc.. Nor focus on "China takes all medals" etc. etc. for the events..

Less focus on the national aspect and more focus on the individual players are probably the best start.. And it is really BWF who has to start it..

The other option is to "embrace" the "national"/"Team" concept, but then all competions should really be considered as "team"/"nation" venets, and to make this conccept work BWF has to limit cup draws to only 1 or two players / country for fairness..

My 2c..

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

No, CHN is not mighty enough to win fair and square, that s why they have to send bigger armies now compared to the past. That s also why they decided to host the SS Finals and TC to maximize the chances of having 3 MS and WS qualify for OG12. Otherwise how can CHN MS and WS have good chance to win gold without walkover or fake matches?

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Actually the DO win fair and square.. they are following the rules, and if all players are not good enough to beat a chineese player, they will commonly end up facing eachother in "moral" finals.. Of course we can question the ethics about using the big tournament as "grooming" for their yunger payers etc.. But frankly it is reall not a china problem.. The problem (as stated many times before) is that the other nations are not competetive.. If Someone beats the cineese player they will not paly Chn vs. Chn semis, finals etc. all the time...
    Thinking that Chinas coaches are not "fair", and is bending the rules, does not help the core issue really.. It is like blaming your loss on your racket, shoes or whatever when you loose a game.. It may be part of the problem.. but the real focus is probably not the shoes etc. it is probably that you have not been training enough and are not skillfull enough!! But it is always "easer" to blame the shoes or to blame LYB for your players poor results...

When Chineese players being so superior, it is only natural that they want to mix aand groom yunger players, try differnt players out etc. etc. I think this would have been the case if INA or MAS would have been as dominat as well.. I dont really think it is "that" strange...

13. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Very good argument. I think you should work for BWF.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

This has been discussed countless times, it would not have happened in other countries, esp democratic countries. In terms of walkover/withdrawals/intentionally losing. Would have complaints from players, coaches,etc, inquiries, investigations

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    since i am new here,i dont understand what u guys talk about lin dan
    aren't a player should participate a tournament with his/her best effort to win?
    why lin dan is doing the opposite way?

lol

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    China player win fair and square, there's no doubt ... but with assistance :eek: It's like my car with traction control, abs, xyz ... It sure runs better :D. Btw, I never realize by training harder and more skillful than the Chinese player one can beat them??? Would that be the answer the whole load of coaches from all over the world has been looking for? :D Seriously there must be some explanations here :p :D

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    No, No it is soo easy to beat the chineese playes, just let friends like LCW WO to Gade or Taufik, and they will be sooon rested for the finals.. hmm.. maybe winning isn't just as simple as a "coaching" planning of the draw???

Think about the opposite.. Do you really think Gade would have won JO, if LCW throw the game based on shoulder injury, and LD pushed himself despite a hurting toe to win against CL?? I think not! And would you have cried foul if LCW withdrew from the semis due to pain in the shoulder??

Seriously, The Chineese team has both better boomsticks and more "turtle soup" :-D

18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    What you are saying is the impossible (lcw purposely give wo to pg). A good prediction but it will never ever happen :D

19. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Then why Democratic Maylasia and India can not win more champion than China?

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Where have you been lately?:D Impossible OK, I agree with you, but really LCW/TSB should seriously consider 'throwing' a match to PG, not WO. CJ is currently 6th in WR behind PG and TH. LD and CL are in OLY12. If LCW meets PG in SF or F, whether PG win F or not, PG gets more points to stay to maintain that gap in WR points.
    If I am TSB, I would rather see 2 CHN MS than 3 in OLY12. How CL plays in OLY12 remains to be seen and CL was venerable in WC, his 1st major. But we know CJ played well in WC, AE and OLY, and played tough against LCW, and come OLY12, you can bet CJ will be prepared, fit and focus, and very dangerous.