Will Lee Chong Wei remain World No.1 until the 2012 OG?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Apr 6, 2009.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    he is getting better and better and till og is still ...............better :D

2. xavYPC

xavYPC Regular Member

i still cant see tago overtake lcw or LD in near future yet... :p

3. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    thats simple, lyb has 5 players excluding the juniors, lin dan, chen jin, bao, chen long and pengyu. do you think lyb would like to see player like tago with his style and strategy of play beat these 5 china players then lcw to become world no.1? he would be the first one to call a board meeting to find out how to counter tago! the rest of the world class players just follow ......:D

from the score it was a close match and the china players just couldn't finish tago in straight sets - simply they were not fit enough during that tournament!:D

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Remember when LYB told one of his players to break LCW's legs

Remember the tournament when LYB told one of his players to break LCW's legs. Perhaps, LYB would also tell his players to break Tago's legs too. :p:p:p

5. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    lol did lyb really say that? he must be sure one mean guy around for the success of china men singles! :cool:

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It's well documented in our threads here at BC

You can search for it (LYB told one of his CHN players to break LCW's legs during a tournament match). It's well documented in our threads here at BC.

7. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i believe you! but i still can't imagine him saying that, maybe it is the china style of motivation!:D

8. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    It seem incredible but it's totally possible.
    This may be why Lcw won be no1 at Ag : the chinese team is too strong for him, and there are so many players that can achieve their potential : Kt, Chen Long, Jan O Jorgensen, Simon Santoso, Wan Ho Shon, etc

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i will be amaze if joj appear in AG:eek:
    anyhow
    the field in AG will be less competitive as there is only asian and also have quota;)
    winning in ss is much harder;)

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What's with KT in this case?:D

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

To monitor if there are any other players wanting to dethrone LCW

Yes, LCW is champ right now and we should live with that for now.

We only want to monitor if there are any other players wanting to dethrone LCW in his World No.1 ranking.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    barring any upset or injury
    lcw is likely to add 5600 points to his world ranking after singapore open

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LCW is 1st seed at SO10 and IO10, while PG and TH are 2nd seed respectively. So both SS are for LCW to lose. With LCW current huge lead, LD MIA and not interested in WR, LCW has no serious rival and should remain WR1 for 2010 and into 2011. OLY12 is in August 2012, LCW prolly will be WR1 in 2012. The only possibility is LYB letting ZM, CJ and CL to play in a lot of SS in 2011 which are unlikely since LYB is more into CHN leaque.
    Besides BAM rewarding huge bonus $$$ for WR1 (I am not sure what other countries do the same and CHN certainly doesn't), there is no motivation for LD or CJ (LCW main rivals) to play in so many SS risking injuries and exposure, besides SS are Yonex sponsored, so what's is there to interest CHN LN-sponsored players?
    Winning SS is important to LCW for the $$$ that comes with winning and feeding into endorsement, etc. If I am LCW, I would play in as many SS as possible, with a career less than 2.5 years away, reap as much $$$ as possible while the going is still good and LD MIA, then retire laughing all the way to the bank. If along the way can win a major or 2, that would be icing on the cake and if don't, well....let the fans cry about it, for LCW would definitely not end up like the Arumugams of MAS soccer fame.
    I heard a lot in the forum saying LD is afraid of LCW, let's be honest here, the score contradicts completely. I am not a fan of LD or any player but I credit and respect the man who truly has earned his rightful place in badminton history.
    Put yourself in LD position, he has won everything worth mention, to play 5 nights and win a SS for a paltry US$20K, split half with CBA equals to US$10K, that is US$2K per night and takes a lot of hard work, travel, why even bother, really? I bet LD makes more $$$ doing endorsement than training and playing. If it is not for OLY12, I bet LD would have retired. Just that he needs the ranking points from SS to qualify for OLY12, to remain in CHN team, maintain his form (EAG09 proved absence can hurt him) and maintain at least a WR2 to avoid meeting LCW in the same half (this is not fear but smart strategy as LCW would not want LD to be in his half too). That is my 2 cents.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ld will not be 2nd seed in wc 2010
    he will lost 5040 points from ina open quater final last year
    so
    nice show in wc 2010

15. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    lol...that's another 'FIGURE OF SPEECH'....

IN CHINESE it means break him... to prevent his movement and speed.. break his legs...not literally means physically do it !!!

anoter thing to add ,since this thread is about LCW..

WOULD LIKE TO BEG AND PLEAD LCW, don't go for ranking only.. no point... useless being no.1 but loses to no.2.. not once in a while,i'd say too frequent.:mad::mad:

if not mistaken,the score now is 14-6 ? or 16-4.. can't remember... if the score is , say 10-8 or so so ..close,then,it's a totally different story ..

it's akin to getting whacked 21-5,21-5...:eek:

or like ZJH whacked HJ 15-0,15-1...

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Is PG become WR2? We know CJ and LD would not be in the same half so if LD is 3 and CJ 4, so will LD be in LCW half? Bad news then, the SF becomes the final and fans will want to see SF than F:D

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1st
    pretty sure ur chinese not good enough
    mind to show me any dictionary explain in ur way?:)

2nd
    not sure if u are a young kid?

do u know who is lin dan?
    2008 og gold medalist
    2005 world championship silver medalist
    2006,2007,2009 world championship gold medalist
    4 times thomas cup winner
    x times sudirman cup winner
    x times all england ms titles winner
    world number one for at least 4 years

who is lcw?
    one times all england ms title winner
    2008 og silver medalist
    world number one for 2 year only

how shame is lcw to lost 14 times to THE legend lin dan?
    beside lee chong wei,who can beat lin dan <5 times?:confused:
    or maybe u are quite sleeping when posting this:)

most probably lindan will be 4th or 5th seed behind lcw,peter gade,taufik hidayat or even nguyen tien minh;)

18. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

"Figure of Speech"? Anyone who learn Chinese will know that what you said is not true. Please do not spread false information or make the wrong interpretation if you don't know what the meaning is.

I don't see your point to beg and plead LCW for not going for World no 1? It has been discussed to death that LCW only gets to be world no 1 because LD refuses to participate in more tournaments(at least less than 10 per year). So what does that have to do with LCW? The only way LCW can stop being world no1(for now) is not participating in tournaments like LD do, which I don't see why LCW should be doing that. If LCW stops being world no 1(like you suggested), some other players like CJ/PG/TF will take his spot anyway, what difference does that make?

And it's really odd you try to take your frustration out on LCW just because he lost to LD. Would you like to enlighten me which ever noble soul out there who can consistently beat LD please(in the current circuit)?
    If you think it's that easy to be World no.1 for 2 years and beat LD consistently, why don't you take the place of Misbun and tell LCW how to play against LD instead of trying to nitpick on LCW behind your screen?

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Good news and a dream come true for those 3-4 higher seeded players than LD to have the pleasure to play LD in QF or SF:D:p

20. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    now...how on earth did i offend you ..until you can call me a young kid ? who's the young kid here..

btw.. why do i care in the 1st place if i offended you.. you're a nobody...if that's the way you treat and reply to me..

oh, this is not the 1st time too...

in chinese there's a saying, " i eat more salt than you eat rice"...get me ?