Anyone played using FAKE / COPY rackets?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Smasher8, Dec 28, 2007.

1. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Dont forget that apacs is like their own company which makes COPY's( not fakes) of Yonex rackets(not all but some). What does this mean? The have to keep a reputation up as well by having good quality rackets that are up to standards. So APACS should not be compared to a fake because they simply arent exactly fakes but arent exactly Yonex. APACS are their own individual brand. Fakes are jsut imitations of a comapny's rackets and still using that compnay's name illegally. We must be comparing a genuine and a fake yonex racket. I will use one i have had as an example. i had a real and fake NS9000X in my hand. The real one felt nice and stiff..the fake one felt very flexible. When i tried to twist the real one, it stayed straight. When i tried to twist the fake one, it actually twisted around. I looked for the screw in the real one, it was there. I checked the fake one, it it wasnt there. This is how we should be comparing FAKES. Comparing APACS to YONEX is not comparing fakes...but rather comparing brands. So plz, stop using APACS as an example because their are their own brand and WILL make good quality products! Thats just my input of what i have to say.

2. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Let's put aside the issues of feels and performance for just a while, because these are subjective opinion and you cannot get everyone to agree on the same thing.

But let's just consider one point: fake (I am strictly talking about fake here, not copy or clone) is made by manufacturers knowingly violate copyright/patent laws. This is illegal not matter how you look at it. By knowingly buying a fake racket is supporting such illegal activties and in a way encouraging these manufacturers to produce more.

If a genuine Yonex is priced out of you budget, go get another brand instead. There are todays many brands out there today, such as APAC, WINNEX, Fleet etc that are affordable and they are legitimate business.

I really donot see any reason why someone want to support any illegal activities by knowingly buying a fake. We need to be honest to ourselve.

By the way, I take the same stand on other product, be it DVD, CD etc... Personally I think we need to make a stand on what is legal/illegal - my apologies if this sounds like preaching.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    We cant. But the majority of people who have played with fakes have found them to be terribly made racquets, and nothing like the real thing. The only thing anybody can say is , the fake is not the same as a the real. Does the fake AT700 have the same shaft flex and balance point, as well as the vibration dampening and feel as the real one? Does it even have the same paint job? If you want a racquet where you know what the quality is, go for the real AT700 and pay your $$$. If you want a fake and think you get a good racquets, pay $10-$100 US for either a garbage racquet, or an okay fake. Either way, you're not getting an AT700, so you have no idea what kind of racquet you got.

As for the effects of your game when using a fake? Most dont' have the high modulus graphite in the frame or shaft, and are flexy because of this material defect. As well, the kind of design which is created by Yonex warrants the need for a built in T-joint; which fakes do not have. I've seen pictures of fake racquets with the head completely seperated from the head, because the T-joint did not hold together. And as for quality? The process of creating racquets is an expensive one to create good quality equipment. You think fakers really care? I've seen an intermediate who had a fake NS8000 and it snapped from a frameshot. Why? No quality controls; your racquet may be as durable as a steel racquet, or as fragile as a glass plate. So what am I trying to say from all of this? Dont' get fakes; it's not worth it; buy a cheap Yonex, SOTX, Gosen, etc.
    My 2 cents/

#23 Athelete1234, Dec 31, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2007
  4. Smasher8

Smasher8 Regular Member

Telecommunication Business
    Happy New Year to everyone.

Thank you to everyone who have contributes their opinions and shared the views in here. I really appreciate it very much.

Eat BADMINTON, Sleep BADMINTON & Play BADMINTON.

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    If u're a beginner..try ur best to buy a cheap racket.That way u can play safer.U don't have to cry after clashes u've made.This way u can understand how good is a high-end racket in the future,after u have one.Besides,it looks better that way.Don't try to be look like a pro but play like a crap.U don't want ppl to say anything like that to u.

If u're good..try ur best to buy a good decent racket.This way,the racket will help u show ur best performance.I've personally seen or experienced how much ppl like to know about a good player.Ppl wanna know every single thing about them.What racket they use,what shoes,what bag,etc.

If u think all the fakes n copy were terribly made,u're wrong..maybe it's because of what happend in ur country,where fakes r all cheap ends.Like i said before,fakes in china,appears to have their own low n high ends.Well,we can't compare them to yy's high end rackets,for what they cost..but these things r sometimes worthed for what they cost.

Internal t-joints,nano,elastic-ti,TI,armor,woven,etc..r just some bunch of new techs that helps player more n more.Doesn't mean without them,we can't play a good badminton.What happend to all the badminton legends before?Back in those days,no techs r available in their racket.

#25 Smichz, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

You are missing the point here. If Yonex high end is out of your budget range, you can purchase from a cheaper but reputable non-Yonex brand. Purchase fake is illegal to begin with.

Tell me if a manufacture have fully confidence in their lines of products (in a consistent basis), why can't they simply introduce their own legit brand? Why they need to put on some fake YY logo to make a sell?

We are not here to judge whether YY has the best racket or not, as it's very much personal preference. We are here to say, manufacture, sell and purchase fake is simply illegal to begin with. You can't say because you don't have enough savings, then you are ok to rob a bank, right? :cool:

7. Athelete1234

Student
    Read the above stuff. BTW, no fakes produced here; all of them were purchased around asia.

If you bring up the old days, I'm betting that an old cab 8 or Cab 9 or Cab 20 would last longer than a fake today. I'm also betting that those "old school racquets" would be better than a fake today. Like I said, fakes are made to sell and make $$$$ the cheap way. Real racquets are made for quality and profit.

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

To Smichz,
    Please do not mix a clone/copy together with a fake. Clones and copies are made by a real name brand that stand behind their product. If the a Apec model XX is good for you, you know you can get a same performance from that Apac model XX next time when you buy one. A good fake is usually a factory reject from OEM and some guy just buy them off the OEM and paint it like a high end YY. Do you want to pay $40 for a reject while you can buy a good copy for $40 from a good brand clone? A reject can have diffent problems. A good one can be just off the spec (too heavy or too light). A bad one can be crack on the frame or shaft. You can not tell since it is covered by the paint.
    What is illegal is illegal. Just because goverment is corrupt or police does not care, it does not make it morally right. The truth is, buying a fake does not hurt YY pocket too much. However, it is the reputation and consumer they want to protect.

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Well..i guess the terms are preety different here n there then.Here,ppl just play around with any racket.Sometimes,when there are raids n stuff,it's gone.But soon after that,it comes back again.

Hehe..this kind of thing appeared for many times in BC already.I guess i've said enough bout this.Not to encourage,but to some ppl in some countries,buying fake yy is an alternative,esp if it's about the brand recognizing n the price.That's the reason why fakes sells well.

As in some ppl's mind,it's ok if i cant play,but at least i have to look good.Hehe..esp if it's a cheap one.Ppl would've said..oh,he got the new NS9000X.Or,wow..he got a new SHB-100LTD.LOL..

As for my own experience in buying fake racket,i just bought them because they're yonex,and they looks good.One more..It's cheap!That's far before i got involved in BC n learned lots of thing from it,like 4 years ago.I don't even know what model it is.All i choose is from the colour.Because all i know about badminton racket is YY.I never really know any other brands before.I don't even know whether they're real or not.I also never knew that a high end yonex can cost more than 150USD.All i know that a badminton racket is supposed to be a cheap thing.So i mistakenly thought mine was real at first.LOL..So,that is my explanation about the "alternative".The other poor thing was that most of my friends in beijing,even though they good in playing,they still have a less knowledge about rackets.All we care is to play.I believe there is more out there.

Well..those of u who wants to avoid buying fake stuffs..u guys better be smarter this time.Don't say even after u join BC,u still don't know what kind of racket is genuine n which is not.U dont say a 150USD yonex nano X-2, is genuine,because it's expensive.Or a 50 USD AT700 is a great deal.Haha..u get what i mean.

#29 Smichz, Jan 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  10. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Sure man..everything cheap is coming from asia.From centuries ago,remains unchanged.:cool:..cos everything coming from the west r more expensive.:D

Hehe..i'm talking about techs n stuff that ppl talks about.Correct,oldies racket like cab 8,9,20 r those who got no modern tech in it,but still considered to be the best racket of all time.So,is it the modern techs,like nano,armor,woven,TI,etc or something else that is required to build a great racket?Think again..even if u talk about those modern techs to mr.yoneyama 20 years ago,he'll think u're crazy.But still,without those modern techs,yonex have made some rackets that lasts throughout the badminton history,n some even still reproduced.

11. Athelete1234

Student
    No wai... China makes flat screen Tvs, Japan makes real racquets, etc.

Look at it this way. Take your Cab 20. It's got regular graphite, and a t joint. That's it. Now take a look at your fake. It's got graphite, and no t joint, but that's about it. But if you look at the quality of construction, Cab20 is way better. Why? Because YY is spending money on making quality designs for their racquets. YY fake is selling for same price as YY real in some places. But a $70 YY fake armortec isn't as good as a real $70 YY cab 20. Fakes dont try to make great racquets; otherwise they'd have their own company and rolling in the legit cash. Even YY low end racquets which are the same price as expensive fakes are better than fakes. Why? Yonex makes tries to make their racquets good; that's how they got their reputation as #1 in Badminton equipment. And fakers? They just want a quick buck as easy as possible.

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I think u got it wrong.No way i am comparing those legends to the fakes!Hahaha..not worthed at all.All i meant was between genuine to genuine rackets,modern techs doesn't really needed to make any particular racket became the best.In fact,sometimes on some,they're not even necessary.

Fakes r absolutely stands no chance to be compared to the genuine in terms of playability n quality!Fakes r fakes..they're still exist mainly because they're still became the alternative to some ppl.They look good,considerately cheap,average playability.That's the reason ppl still buying fakes.Esp beginners.Where there's demands,there's supply.

While genuines,they still exists mainly because their product is indeed good.Even though they're more expensive,but they're worthed.Their frame can hold a high tension.U need a racket with a strong frame if u're good in badminton.They got the real thing,ex:ti,nano,etc..while fakes dont.That's why i said,if u're good(intermediate,advanced,pro),buy one decent genuine racket,cos that's what u need.

#32 Smichz, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  13. Athelete1234

Student
    As long as we agree that in no way are fakes good alternatives to genuine racquets, I think we're on the same page.

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Asia's relationship with Cheap...

I believe the good old Cab 8/9/20 will outlast most modern day rackets from Yonex. Incidentally, I bought a "new" Cab8 not so long back just for fun.

Hehe... May you be reminded that the top end Yonex'es are made in Asia (Japan).

------
    I do not think anyone is on different page to expect fakes to outperform the real rackets. I personally will never knowingly pick up a YY labeled racket not from Yonex.

I will brand my particular APACS as a fake since I am certain it does not have most of the stuff it claims to have. The graphics stating all those nano-whatever but the price does not reflect it. IOW, it's not faking identity but it's faking technology. APACS does make some very nice rackets of their own designs like the "visible hollow" series and another series made with 40/50T ultra high-modulus graphite and they have a price to match.

The question for me remained as "How much does those features really help?". I do not play at such a high level that the racket technology matters that much. At the end, I tend to look at rackets as rackets, regardless of brand, and will buy only if the price is right.

15. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Well yeah..not exactly everything..but in most of the cases,asia's stuffs is cheaper than western's.For badminton,i guess it's an exceptional case,since badminton is bigger in asia,n badminton things developed quicker there.

But western top ends branded rackets like sotx,wilson,babolat..even though they're quite new in badminton industry,some of their high ends rackets costs as much as the yonex high end as well.I have even seen a sotx woven racket that is 300 rmb more expensive than the AT900 or NS9000,the most expensive yonex rackets.:eek:

Well..i believe that's because yonex is the best brand in badminton industry,starting from when badminton popularity just reach its young age.Maybe from the 60s?Till today,almost everyone that play badminton,will at least know about yonex racket,or have one.That's why they're so expensive.

Older ppl,like my dad,all they know about a good racket brand is yonex.That's why i said before..yonex is almost as popular as the badminton sport,like "everlast" in boxing.What can i say..having a yonex let some of us felt closer to badminton.:D:)

16. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    I tried a fake AT-500. It broke within ten minutes and was terrible.

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Damn..that was fast.Similar with the hart racket that i played with before.First day,first 30 minutes.

18. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    Yes, there are good fakes and bad fakes. Depends on who makes them. I know for a fact that there are some copies out there that are exact duplicates of YONEX rackets. Not only do they look the same, but are made using the same technology (t-joint and material). These are a little more expensive than the cheapo fake ones where they just painted it and slapped on a YONEX sticker.

#38 AZbadman, Jan 10, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  19. Athelete1234

Student
    Did you cut it up and check? Where did you get the proofs?

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I doubt they have the same material n tech in it..but i heard lots of ppl claimed that they better fakes got the similar feelings to the genuine ones.From the stiffness n the weight.They even got the same format of serial numbers n it's engraved.The only problem might be on the frame,since it can only hold below 25lbs.