Victor Super Waves 37

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    P.S, I fully appreciate I may have over stated the Z Slash's stiffness. It was a while back I used it. In any case, in the grand scheme of things, still a very minor point. Certainly nothing to get angry about. Lets just all crack open a can of something tasty and celebrate the good sport.

2. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    I am not sure this is the right place to argue who's right or wrong like "kids", no disrespect. It's off topic, you may discuss in private. Let's please go back to SW 37 and share our reviews and opinions without fighting because this is not the point.

3. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I agree and I apologise to all for being a part of it. Truth be told I don't think in all my thousands of posts across numerous different forums over several years I've had such a run in with another poster bar perhaps one or two rare occasions. And I'm a forum posting vet lol. Anyway, back to the SW37, sorry for taking it OT people.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Erm..... Gentlemen..... ???

5. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    okay I will let you guys know further after I've taken turn with my sifu @gendruw smashing and defending smasher will use SW37, SW35 and MX80 while defender will use BS10 or any other rackets hopefully will be due next week

6. visor

visor Regular Member

looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

7. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    • I play twice a week every Wednesday and Saturday
    • so last night I play and I use SW37 exclusively
    • a big guy with glasses and Carbonex 8 in his hand come to me I said that he is big because I'm only +/- 70 kg while he is a least 90 kg ;) he is the son of the owner of the Sport Hall (Pola Bugar)
    • his name is the same as the brand of the racket that I use hahaha LOL he said to me "your smashes is harder than before"
    • last week I use MX80 exclusively so if my smashes is noticeably harder than before that's mean SW37 is more powerful than MX80 which is more powerful than BS10 so it is very close to SW35 can't wait for Wednesday session to compare with SW35

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I'm guessing your day job isn't as a research scientist?

9. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    no not even close hahaha LOL
    i'm a sales manager hahaha

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#90 demolidor, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  11. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    could you please read this thread from the beginning
    I don't have to explain it twice
    I have no problem in maximizing the potential of any stiff racket
    power doesn't come from stiffness alone
    there are other factor that counts too
    if you want the stiffest racket why don't you use Carbonex series
    they are ultra stiff and extremely head heavy
    most of them weight 2U too
    I don't think they are more powerful than modern high speed rackets

evidence in real life are proven on courts of Super Series event
    the most competitive tournament on earth
    pro players such as Fu Hai Feng and Tan Boon Heong they does not use super stiff or extremely head heavy rackets
    yet they break world record for the fastest shuttle speed
    I remember watching a Live broadcast of a SS where there are shuttle speed on the screen
    believe it or not Lee Yong Dae (BS09) smash speed is faster than Jung Jae Sung (SW35)
    so are you gonna say that Lee Yong Dae is not strong enough to bend a stiff shaft ?

#91 jump-smash, Apr 17, 2011
  12. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    IMO beside power or force or energy
    it's also about speed or acceleration or velocity
    not always mass (head heavy)
    or stiffness ...
    if you have enough power to accelerate the racket into maximum speed
    and also the right technique and timing for the impact
    and also hit right in the middle of the sweet-spot
    then you'll get maximum velocity of the shuttle also
    this sport is all about speed
    nothing to do with looking good and macho with the stiffest and head heaviest racket you can get

if you're in a battle
    and you pick up the biggest and heaviest and longest sword you can get
    then you'll be a dead stupid macho man

13. jump-smash

Sales Manager
  14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I have played with Cab's for 10 years you don't have to tell me anything about Cab's ;). Now you are comparing yourself to Fu HF and TBH and Lee YD when you are saying others not to? Fastest smash records have been set on midcourt smashes with all the time in the world to set up for the smash so taking one example from a match of Lee YD versus JJS doesn't say anything. Everyone knows JJS on average smashes harder ...

I am just saying you shouldn't generalize a racket's aspects based on your single observation like you do above. YOU conclude: power SW37>MX80>BS10 like a fact, I just said for YOU that might be the case. And yes I prefer speed over power any day, I am not one of the sledgehammer fanclub ;). Probably NS9000X has been my favorite racket of the last years, had expected I would like the S better but probably just a little too headlight ...

Interesting comment :D

if you're in a battle
    and you pick up the biggest and heaviest and longest sword you can get
    then you'll be a dead stupid macho man

I think there was a simulation on one of those discovery type of programs: Deadliest Warrior - Viking vs. Samurai
    Closer than you would think, didn't expect it so close either ...

#94 demolidor, Apr 17, 2011
  15. jump-smash

Sales Manager
    I'm not comparing myself to those pros.
    because I'm not a pro.
    but I'm not a beginner also.
    I play badminton long enough to have tried Carbonex 8, 9, 15, 20 etc.
    I can choose to use MX80 or SW37 without any problems
    if I am not able to use stiff rackets then there's no point of keeping them (BS10, MX80 and SW35)
    It would be such a waste of money as they are not cheap.
    I'd better off selling them and buy a bunch of SW37.
    The point here really is that a medium stiff and even balanced racket could deliver about the same (if not more) shuttle speed as the stiff and head heavy ones.
    Only the differences is the latter requires more effort like more wrist action. Thus they are more likely to hurt your wrist or arm.

#95 jump-smash, Apr 17, 2011
  16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Oh I will agree to that. I have the impression the racket does the work instead of the players for some reviews around :p. The "problem" with medium-stiff is control/accuracy which is timing related, not power ... for me a least ;).

But for for example a 2.00m tall European and 100kg MX80 might very well be more powerfull than SW37. But I would have no trouble or shame :D playing with a mid-balance mid-stiff racket if I liked it best nor a 9000S if I liked it better, nor an ArcSaber 9 for that matter.

#96 demolidor, Apr 17, 2011
  17. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Hey, I'm a 2m tall (not quite) 100kg European but I don't have bags of arm strength despite how I look, so I like a medium-stiff racket.

You just have to be honest to yourself and not get into the 'maximum stiffness and high string tension or DEATH' game, because like me you'll end up buying a whole heap of rackets you'll end up hating and your game will go nowhere.

I honestly think more people should look at rackets like the BS12 and SW37, simply because they're going to suit more people, more of the time.

Unless you have forearms like JJS and/or you're an A-Grade club or State player, you shouldn't really be looking at X-Stiff rackets.

18. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I'm neither an A-grade club player nor have arms like JJS, I'm actually a beginner, quite unfit and a bit tubbier than I used to be (back when I used to do boxing and Jeet Kune Do) and whilst I can't say for sure if it's due to stiffness or head heaviness, I got a noticeable difference in power going from a Head Nanotube(?) racket to the 8DX (far more power) to the BS10 (which was a tad less powerful than the 8DX but quicker and better with drives/defence) and then the MX80 (which was more powerful than both, and noticeably more powerful than my BS10).

Switching from the BS10 to the MX80 in the same game, I can see and feel the difference in power between the two. Smashes just aren't as hard or fast with the BS10 at optimal effort even with the same strings (at the time both at VS-850) and tensions. Though as mentioned, the BS10 is still overall quicker.

That said, all these differences. Whilst noticeable, they are usually minor. If you're a good player you can still play brilliant with any cheaper racket. I mean, sometimes I have to switch between my £100+ rackets to cheaper £50 to even cheaper £15 rackets, and generally give a fairly similar performance.

#98 Naim.F.C, Apr 17, 2011
  19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

;) Good thing I was a junior state player then and yes the average 2.00m and 100kg doesn't usually com equiped with a fast arm :D, but the ones that do ... But I wholeheartedly agree as perfectly illustrated below: a $200 racket with roughly the same balance (and to a (far) lesser degree stiffness) as a $40 version won't make any significant difference to a beginner or most recreational players but an increase in balance point will feel like more instant power. The upside ofcourse is we can still find mint condition top models years on in secondhand sales :p.

I have a hard time equalling beginner to good player, so define beginner? Or beginner in your case ...
    And I don't think a good player can play equally brilliant with any cheaper racket as with their regular material. But they can still play well enough to beat lesser players.

On a sidenote: the Ti-10 III used by TBH is far from a medium flex racket, closer to extra stiff and even the II is still reasonably stiff but they do have the short handle/long shaft to get a good whip out of it. Ti-10 1 also used by FHF is also xtra-stiff and he hit practically as hard with it. I don't even know what the 8DX by KKK example was suposed to illustrate :confused:.

#99 demolidor, Apr 17, 2011
  20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Might as well say Mathias Boe plays VT80 and covers the net (like KKK and LYD) whilst his partner Mogensen, a renowned hard hitter uses VT70 atm after using an 8DX before and (NS9900? don't remember). But as said before, the records were set in as ideal a circumstance as could get in a game. You will never know what the record would have been with another racket :p.

Everyone should just pick theirs on a blind test really and be (un)pleasantly surprised :D. I see SW37 isn't even in the international catalogue but neither was the MX80 which has reached the UK apparently. But the MX80 wasn't out at time of print unlike the SW37, wonder if they will bring it in ...

#100 demolidor, Apr 17, 2011