Congratulations Lin Dan :)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by volcom, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

on the same note, how many times you've seen LCW gave the aggressive/dirty looks after a netcord or a hard fought long rally? many many times as i remember, obviously tried to boost himself and intimidating his opponents at the same time. that obviuosly didnt work, LD seen through them as in one of his interviews on the other thread. i think that actually backfired as that signalling to the other guy that you're nervous/scare.

2. maximR

maximR Regular Member

You know , taneepak is true , LCW changed after the 2008 OG . He was blown away by LD , and I can say it was a traumatizing event for him . On that day , all LD wanted was to win , after each point he shouts, to intimidate LCW . Even when he plays a net cord or hit's on LCW body , he doesn't apologize .

What do you think you'll do when you get rattled so many times : After the 0G , AE '09 , TC '10 . He is mentally intimidated when it comes to LD , you know .

Therefore , in one interview I saw , MS already asked LCW to change his style , to not respect your opponent . MS says LCW respected his opponents too much that lead to his downfall.

Alas , you can see how LCW reacts everytime he wins a long rally or drives the shuttle to LD's body . :p

3. flite

flite Regular Member

The plot thickens. Now its assumed that 2 great players orchestrated their comments on LD! Why not on PG? Its because PG is well known for his sportsmanship.

You are right on this. In fact he blew his nose countless times at all tourney.:)

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    MS says LCW respected his opponents too much that lead to his downfall

MS says LCW respected his opponents too much that lead to his downfall. This I agree.

During a match, it's fight, fight, fight. After the match, it should be peace, peace, peace.
    :cool::cool::cool:

#84 chris-ccc, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Yeah, superdan was saying ," look, I can even take out the WR1 while fighting the flu as well". What a champion!

6. flite

flite Regular Member

Frankly speaking, I believed the mild outburst by LCW and TH to the press (acc. to taneepak) was because of many "occasional" last minute withdrawals of LD. The Chinese BA was partly responsible for it. But looking at a bigger picture and from the CBA point of view, its strategy to them in order to achieve their goals.

That a side, whenever LD feature in a final more often than not he would deliver.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Many "occasional" last minute withdrawals of LD

These are some of the reasons;

* Some Lin Dan fans say "It's up to CBA to decide if he is to withdraw or not"
    * Anti-Lin Dan fans say "Don't give excuses and withdraw when he thinks he cannot win"
    * Paying spectators say "How can he withdraw when we have bought tickets to watch him play?"

In the end, the tournament organisers have a lot of explaining to do. :p:p:p

#87 chris-ccc, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Haha, unfortunately I belong to the last category and it spoilt my trip to KL. :mad:

To a limited extent our unscheduled night badminton game with Michael Lee of MBA Puchong and BCers compensated our disappointment, especially my buddy abedeng who provided lots of fun. :D
    (My post can be found here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/93878-Malaysia-Open-SS-2011-SIDELINES )

How would you explain that LD took the trouble to fly to KL, played a few matches in the MO before giving a walkover to younger compatroit Chen Long when he had the flu- not unless the flu occured the very day he was scheduled to play CL? Anything is possible though. :confused:

9. benjamin59

benjamin59 Regular Member

technician
    flu plus 'injury' = wo passed by malaysian doctor = very, very possible

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach

Yes, lcw and th should do more of such outburst, if you all like to use this word, whenever such wo by ld occurs :D

In fact the whole lots of world class players participating should do the same as well,

Maybe some are already here with us in bc ..lol

11. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    i saw the video again and can confirm that lcw was eager to walk away from lin dan after the match and doesn't want to shake his hand or congratulate the winner - what a sore loser! this is in absolute contrast to the scene when he disposes of an opponent, he would readily shake their hands and whispering sweet nuthin' to their ears as if to console them. what a hypocrite, right? maybe hypocrite is too strong a word but you catch my drift, i hope.

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Cmon man......LD ran to the stand and grap CHN flag.......is there time for LCW to hang around the net waiting for LD to come back??? Big NO NO....

Are you watching the same match??? maybe not

13. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    hypocrite is not the right word to use if you are a baddy lover:D

The moment ld won, he rushed out of the court to grab the china flag:)

He should have approach lcw, the umpire and service judge first before his celebration.:eek:

But we understand, that win meant a lot to ld, able to beat lcw again and those £$€¥.....

btw, no more 60:40 share with cba :)

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Players should thank each other first, then thank the umpire, lines judges and crowd

I believe that after a match is over (before celebrating with teammates), players should thank each other first, then thank the umpire, lines judges and spectators.

Most opponents, umpires, lines judges and spectators all want to go home ASAP.
    ;););)

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

I agree and I wish they do. However, for the finals victories, especially those weighty ones, that behavior can be excused. It's just raw human emotion.

tsae75's observation is correct. But for people who watched the 4:3 version of the videos, that little drama was outside of the screen.

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Perhaps, I have been watching more Tennis Grand Slam Finals matches

Perhaps, I have been watching more Tennis Grand Slam Finals matches than Badminton Finals. ;););)

I have never seen a Tennis player waiting at the net (waiting endlessly) for the winner to celebrate with his/her teammates first before coming over to shake hand.
    :eek::eek::eek:

To me, it's rude to keep someone waiting. Therefore, I would walk straight away to the shower room if my opponent doesn't want to shake my hand as soon as the match is over.

#96 chris-ccc, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  17. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    hey yoppy,

i am refering to the moment right after lin dan's euphoria when he eventually made the effort to go over to lcw while he is still packing his bag at the side of the court. at the corner of your screen, you will see the lcw's body language which seem to suggest quite clearly his reluctance to sincerely congratulate lin dan or shake his hand. it was done quite hurriedly i would say, don't you think so? (now i'm nitpicking, some would say - "c'mon it's only a badminton game" and all the wise cracks from the cool dudes of the forum). maybe i am but one can decipher a lot from such minute gesture and honestly, i kinda enjoy it as well.

even during the prize ceremony, you can see lin dan making the conscious effort to start a conversation with lcw and keeping the situation as relaxed as possible eventhough it looked kinda awkward to him. at the same time, lcw is somewhat indifferent and 'in a slightly different mood', don't you think so? there was hardly a smile on his face and i sense a tinge of arrogance, shock and disbelief all mixed in which is unlike lcw of the past. maybe i'm wrong but i can see he is really disappointed with this lost and i totally understand - in badminton, when you want it too badly, you become your greatest enemy. he is human after all, not morten frost.

#97 tsae75, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Firstly, sorry to out jump Chris answering your question

So you are saying like LCW is not normal? After waiting like a fool while LD is celebrating and you expect him to put a big smile on his face and shake LD hand?? To me LD eventual effort came too late and at that point LCW had no more resposibility to shake LD hand, whatever came out of him is a bonus.

Sorry I did not see the ceremony. So no comment. Maybe others did watch can comment.

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

There was hardly a smile on his face

Usually, winners are happy and losers are sad. Winners will become more talkative, losers will want quietness and will be meditative.

I would expect to see those emotions as described above.

20. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    Now, this: "To me LD eventual effort came too late and at that point LCW had no more resposibility to shake LD hand, whatever came out of him is a bonus." i do not agree. according to yoppy, it sounds like it is perfectly normal not to even shake hands at that moment off court because it was too late. now that's arrogance to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.