Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    if you were LYB, what would u tell WSX now?

(a) "if you win this Swiss Open against Saina, I will send u to play the Olympics."
    (b) "if you lose this Swiss Open against Saina, I will not send u to play the Olympics."
    (c) say nothing.
    (d) None of the above.

#41 pcll99, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Definitely opt for b), by winning Swiss Open , you do China a big favour BUT she may fail to see this working against her will. Today if she wins, LYB will say "you did well child, i will STRONGLY consider your candidacy to play in the Olympics"

He can change his mind the next day, "Sorry ZN and I agree it's best to send LI WYH and WX since Li has done really well against most players in the tournaments lately, sorry again but live with it. ONE CHINA LOL!!"

If i were WSX, i stick to my conscience and do not trust LYB words at all. Lose the game and make sure SN also do well in India Open to maintain her lead. that would secure WSX's position

At the moment, WSX is put at risk...sorry Li Xuerui i like you so much as a person but i reckon it's quite unfair and unjust to discard WSX the very last minute when she had once shown some flashes of brilliance by winning the Asian Games and All England. To drop her just like that is the most unfair thing ever happened to a player.

So yes i opt for b) to lose intentionally as my personal agenda.

Reason for loss: well she just played good on that day..not my fault. and secondly how the CBA wants to plan a rigged match for LXR in the coming India Open depends highly on the draw...so the first step is to lose and let SN maintain her fourth spot..

3. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    the next question is, if you were WSX, what will u do now?

(a) lose today against Ratchnok
    (b) win today, lose tomorrow against Saina
    (c) win today and tomorrow

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I picked a) depends how badly Ratchanok plays really....by right WSX

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I think LYB won't let LXR to play at the OG. The three participants remain to be WYH, WX and WSX regardless how's their performances until the entry deadline. For him, he has to consider this, LXR is still lack of experience in big tournaments (She has never played at UC, SC, WC before). Thus, it is unlikely that LXR will be chosen.

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I do like her game so much, she is cool, calm and collected whenever she is tailing her opponents in the score. However, i dont see why LYB should consider her just because of her recent performance. What happens if she doesnt perform in London ? That would be a serious backfire and it could spell end for her first team status.

I think for now, let the Wangs take the stage...because at the moment it's all about them and let's keep it that way. I hope LYB is smart enough to not cause rift internally because i am absolutely certain there's going to be a big issue when he suddenly made this kind of change. Relationships destroyed, no more trust and one player may end up leaving the squad, i dont want to see that happen..

In short, i say LXR be patient and develop her skills for the World Championship 2013 and Rio 2016

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Many of the above posts seem to be assuming saina wins her semi final........

I think lyb will do what lyb wants to do.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i entirely agree with what u said. However, it is abundantly clear that LYB wants LXR to get the No. 4 spot. No doubt about it. Why does LYB want LXR to get the No. 4 spot?

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Two possible reasons related to the OG:

a) If one Wang is injured, LXR replaces her
    b) If one Wang whom LYB thinks is crap and not performing, LXR takes her place

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The decision: The girls should know themselves

IMHO, it's best to select the players with best performance just at the time to send in their entries.

The decision: The girls should know themselves; Who are in better form?.

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    If i am the one making the informed decisions, i wont agree it's a wise move to put LXR who has yet to be tested in the World Championships. Should one of the Wangs get injured and unfit to play, only then i will consider putting LXR in her place. Otherwise, I wont do it because the risk is too high and price to pay is equally high when the player actually fails to deliver. Not only it affects China's morale but also a big blow to Li Xuerui. I should not base my judgement on recent success and give the girl some time to develop herself to be ready for the upcoming post-Olympic tournament. She is just a safety net for China at the moment...i hope. Let the Wangs take the responsibility while they have been in the circuit for more than a year now. They should be able to cope with the pressure

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yea, both sagas are great entertainment. But I like the drama at the WS department a bit more. It involves both internal Chinese politics and external conflicts with foreign nationals. what else can be more fun!!

IMHO, the chance of WSX losing intentionally is not very high. If LYB senses WSX loses intentionally against a non-CHN player at this crucial stage of Olympics qualification, she will be removed from the Chinese squad immediately. WSX knows it.

#52 pcll99, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

fyi.

even if nehwal win the swiss open she will be still at no 5 behind all the 4 chinese girls. and she needs to at least get into the final of the last SS at india to overtake LXR, that's assuming LXR wouldn't score a single point from now on.

quite unlikely don't you think?

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Ok, i don't understand. LXR now has 71219 points; she is no. 4. Saina has 70516; she is no. 5. Their difference is only 700.

LXR's current lowest points (amongst the points that is counted) is 5040. Saina's current lowest points is 5950.

Swiss Open (GP Gold) event will award 7000 points; and India Open (SS event) will award 9200.

No?

BTW, i read somewhere that Asia Badminton Championships (a GP Gold event) will not be held this year. is it true?

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

because i'm using the points from May 2011 only for olympics qualification. the bwf incl the 2 months prior to that and will be deduced in due course.

as far as i know the ABC is still on for the individual events

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I dont think it is a big risk to put someone who is number 4 in the world instead of a number three. I doubt they will base the decision on recent performances alone, but likewise i think they will take account of recent form. Recent form may of course indicate a minor injury or niggle that is causing the player not to perform 100%

I dont think a player of WSX calibre would be remove from the team immediately. In this case china will then of course only send two players....unlikely. I think WSX will have the longer term view of her career and not lose intentionally. If she takes a short term view she is kicking herself into touch.

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    ok, WSX lost against Saina in 2 games.

this WS saga is getting more interesting. i love drama from Chinese Women.. The most ruthless, cunning and dishonest psychological warfare will now be on display.

Will LXR make it to No. 4 by the end of April? I can't wait!!!:crying:

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Yes it truly is revealing some elements of distrust, deceit and friendship in this saga. Li Xuerui happens to be WSX's best friend btw :p

Drama continues until the India Open SS.

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    sad, the friendship btw LXR and WSX is now tested. Hope 30 years from now, WSX will not regret what she is doing now. And most important of all, will LYB do the right thing?

20. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Epic Drama is about to unfold....

bnb.jpg

will this picture be torn into pieces once LYB has reached his final verdict..