Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

LCW again didn't play well today. Made so many errors and gifted LD half the match from errors...

What I would like is for LCW is to take a short break, possibly withdrawing from the Macau Open; after that only try to start picking up his form next year, peaking at the Olympics. Don't bother peaking for the AE like what happened this year; LCW was good for the first half of the year but after the WC haven't been able to find the same sort of form since.

#6781 undeadshot, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

i think you're being an bit harsh on lee chongers and more credit is due to LD

his UEs were a result of nerves and the need to hit as tight as shot as possible against LD.

Lin's defence was lacking in the 1st set, when lee's CC "dian sha's" were really hurting Lin, who was slow off the mark and just wasn't prepared for that shot

lin's defence suddenly tightened up in the 2nd set and when the smashes and half smashes were coming back, lee started to get frustrated and even fatigued I would say.

Lin was his usual patient self, content to rally and defend until the opportune moment to hit his trademark CC half smash to finish the point.

it's clear when lin is at his best, he stifles LCW's game, and that's why it's 18-8 in favour of Lin now.

3. Xiaox

Xiaox New Member

lol.. 千年老二

4. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

all this one notch above talk is pretty pointless really. if LD has an off-day (which often happens) LCW will more likely than not win. the gap is not that big. LCW is an incredible player and as cliched as it sounds, LD knows he has to play his absolute best to ensure the vicotry. The matches between these two invariably involve super long drawn out chess-like rallies - they are both brick walls and the number of times you think the point is over, then all of suddenly it's back to square one and a rally restarts!!!

5. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Lcw...Lcw...I guess he really needs to do a reflection on his overall strategies and what can he do to if he wants to win the Olympic Gold Medal. It might also be a good idea to get a new coach, those who are good in the technical parts of the game. If not, it gonna be a hard route for him in the future.:crying::crying:

6. undeadshot

Form doesn't come in a straight line. You can't expect LCW to be in his AE2011/WC2011 form for the whole year!

7. undeadshot

I have to agree with you that UEs are probably due to LCW's frustration at not being able to kill the shuttle. Also, he seems quite tired to me, after both players were worked to the bone in some long rallies.

My 7000th post, in my favourite player's thread :)

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think LCW will possibly withdraw from the Macau Open. It's not worth his effort to go there and end up being beaten by Lin Dan again. It will be his 4th defeat in 4 weeks!

9. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

Yeah..but the problem is that even in those kind of form he failed to defeat lin dan (E.g: in WC 2011). LCW is really a hardworking player and no one can denies that. But, he needs a really good coach to help him to get the right strategy. Excellent skills but without good planning in the game would not help him to win the tournament.That's what LCW is lacks of unlike Lin dan who has a bunch of good coaches to help him. I do not ask him to win every time. But it is really devastating when he is closed to win but failed to do so.

This is just China super series but what will happen in Olympic if Lin Dan is super super motivated? Can LCW defeat him? Unlikely if he continues with what he is doing now.

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    He better change his approach to the game. Else, if there is no diff comes OG, he will surely be lambasted. ;) Time is running out. ;)

My suspect is still his fitness and age. Downhill. ;) Maybe too much macdonald effect... maybe maybe maybe.... lol. ;)

11. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The way I see it, he was already crushed after that heart-breaking defeat at the WC 2011. That was his best moment to be crowned World Champions, having led till just 1 pt from the finish line, only for the victory to be snatched from him in the most dramatic and cruel fashion by Lin Dan.

That defeat already affected him more than any other defeat to Lin Dan in his career and it can only be downhill from then onwards.

13. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

LCW really needs a break now after a back-to-back tournament. To me, his smash is not as powerful as LD's smash. Once LD hit a powerful smash LCW mostly lost a point. Also, he tends to make mistakes in a row. He better start catching up as CL can be a dangerous player too.

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Only 1 player in the top 32 played less t'ments since the OLY qualification than LCW started last May, Park SH (KOR) i believe is injuried and had an operation recently.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    is that's problem with LCW's defense instead of his lack of power?

16. extremenanopowe

China Open

There is hope. Conspiracy game. Not counted. lol. ;)
    XXF made him loose it. ;):D
    View attachment 111555

17. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think if LCW get more poison form the back court he would be tremedeously hard for LD to beat.. Now it seems LD can be quite "safe" when pinning LCW to the back.. And produce controlled return of pretty much everything LCW can throw at him, sometimes even making LCW struggle to reach the block and forced to lift slightly out of position. LD on the other hand is much more dangerous for LCW when he injects pace from the back or taking advantage of LCW being slightly out of position when following up on his smash/fast-drop. Afterall LDs base has always been his attacking play so it comes more natural to him, and he is better at switchin pace during the rallies imop.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Dang! XXF is tall! LD must remember to tell her not to wear high heels when she's around him! :p :D

19. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    This photo is not complete as without Wmc...a complete couple...hehe

20. extremenanopowe

conspiracy. he must have been paid well in the 4 kings games just before china open. lol. I hope they are not 'holding hands' behind xxf. hahaha... lol. Gives me the creeps... lol.