Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

Its not that stiff IMO, just really headlight. If you are worried, use a soft string, dont go BG80. Maybe drop the tension a tiny bit.

One thing I must mention is not to give it up too fast. To really use it I think other than adjusting swing, there must also be some tactics adjustment to use the NS9900 properly and abuse its superfast headspeed and minimize the effects of crappy outright power. I went from a medium balance racket to NS9900, and its opened a few doors, while closing a few. The points have become a bit longer (fun!), since harder to smash them out, but also harder for them to smash me out.

Its really really really fast, so you can stand a bit closer to the net when defending, which allows you to better counterattack or play a transition kind of shot to try to get the initiative back (shuttle is higher). Its easy to quickly slow down the head and not very bouncy, so nice to play double/triple deceptions or soft tight net shots.

The last time I switch back to my old racket I got hit in the face :p. Was standing near the front as usual, and when the shuttle smash comes i tried to raise my racket, but it was in slo-mo.

Full-power arm smashes are kinda wasting time IMO with this racket, and may even be a cause of the injuries mentioned since the racket goes too fast for the arm to keep up (a bit like driving a car in 1st gear). I think you really want to use maximum wrist snap while making a special effort to push the racket head through otherwise the head will slow down alot on contact. The headheavier rackets dont slow down nearly as much. Also, dont expect to one-shot people from the backcourt, probably better to aim for accuracy and better recovery and be prepared to use 3,4,5 pointsmashes/drops (easy to get decent speed, and its really accurate cos headlight and stiff) to work your opponents out. Even if it goes a bit wrong and they manage to counter you should be set for the drive wars and will have a good defence.

Flatshot drive wars should be quite good for you, also you can go forwards more and maybe even throw in the drop (easy to do). In general the more you can get the shot frequency (less time between shots) up the better you will do.

2. mikepow

mikepow New Member

Engineer
    I have recently tested the nan9900 and agree with uMy timing was out and I was using bg66 ultimax at 24lbsAnd I feel it a bit stiffShould i use Soft string like bg65?Tension 22 lbs?

3. mikepow

mikepow New Member

Engineer
    I have got a nanospeed 9900 recently and tried it out fao a few gamesI agreed with your commentI am using bg66 ultimax 24lbs and still find it stiffShould I use bg65 at24lbs?

4. mikepow

mikepow New Member

Engineer
    Unable to post

5. mikepow

mikepow New Member

Engineer
    Ok like can post alreadyTested my nano speed 9900 Using bg66 ultimax 24lbs still findIt stiffShould I use bg65 and lower tension

6. fleecc

fleecc Regular Member

Guys! help please!...where can i buy ns9900 in south korea?thank you!

7. deanleaster

deanleaster New Member

Software Eng
    Hi All

This could bee silly question..What is the prefrred string for NS9900.I tried with BG65(lack of power),BG85 (snaps easily within 7 days)..And I have NBG99 now..Not sure how long it will last..

Just curious..

8. Shinyballoon

Shinyballoon Regular Member

Depending on what tension you're playing on... I have nbg98 at 25lbs and i haven't had any problems with it so far. lasts about a month, an average player, i play 4-5 times a week, 2-3 hours each session..

I'm a big fan of bg80, so i'll be switching to that once these ones break.. I had nbg98 on before and lasts about a month?

9. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    My NS 9900 strung with BG85 at 28Lbs, it lasts very long. Usually, i cut the string after a month or two depending on the frequency of usage.

10. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

waiting for my ns9900 to arrive... cant wait to test it out:D

11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I'm considering getting one of these but have a few queries. I've been using an ArcSaber Z-Slash and 8DX for sometime but whilst I feel the balance is about right, I don't seem to get enough power from the 8DX and not enough control from the slash.

Whilst I've read quite a bit about the NS9900, I've never tried it before but balance-wise it's supposed to be similar to the ZS and 8DX but perhaps a little head lighter, so I figured this may be good for me.

I used to play with a Ti-10 2U, loved the immense power you get from it but it is too head heavy for me now. I can't get a 2U NS9900, so it will only be 3U but given it's a relatively head light racquet, and a 3U, will it feel hollow?

I have the 3U Arc10 as well, that to me feels hollow, particularly when you hit just above the centre of the racquet, lots of vibration so I really don't like it. I'm wondering if the NS9900 with it's claimed technology could actually give this the feel of a heavier head racquet? Does that "solid feel core" and "fullerene" stuff make any difference?

Can someone who has used a 2U Ti-10 Gen-1 give me their thoughts on comparing it against a 3U NS9900?

12. rashdan

rashdan Regular Member

lecturer
    welcome to the club bro :D..what string do you use?

13. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

wanted to try head light racket bro..hehe..heard lot of good review bout ns9900..dats y im putting it into my collction..bought frame only bro..still thinking of what string to put it on..u used what string bro for ur ns9900?tension?
    now im using vtzf ltd 3U with nbg 98(26lbs),mx80(nbg98 26lbs) and sw37(bg66UM 27 lbs)..so far im vry comfrtable wth nbg98..love d repulsion..but i love d sound of bg66UM...hahaha..

14. Firedrive

Firedrive Regular Member

Project Manager - Hotel Logistic

I have the 2U Ti-10 first generation and the 2U NS9900.

NS9900 is much more forgiving than the Ti-10. Especially in defense, NS9900 is a much better racket. I tried the 3U NS9900 before and I didn't like. Lack of punch for me and I prefer the 2U version.

15. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Hi, thanks for that. Unfortunately I can only get the 3U as the place I'm getting it from does not have the 2U anymore.

When I was using the 2U Ti-10 Gen-1, I felt it was a little too head heavy for me. So my defense was slow and poor. I'm also using only 3U racquets now so was thinking that it wouldn't be too unfamiliar for me.

However I'm not sure if the combination of a 3U and a head-light racquet as in the NS9900 would mean it would not feel solid enough. I found the 3U Arc10 very hollow/flimsy and difficult to get any power from it. Is the 3U NS9900 the same?

16. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I think the Cab20 will meet all your requirements nicely :)

17. deanleaster

deanleaster New Member

Software Eng

Thanks Everyone!
    I found NBG99 (24lbs) is very good for me.Excellent control but sound was similar to BG65 may be something wrong with my ear :-(..I like the string very much.

I brought another racq. VoltricZForce LTD model restrung with BG80 power.I played for 3 hrs initial observation is unlike NS99 this one is head heavy hard to play..Cudnt hit the sweet spot.Not sure what to do :-(

18. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    VTZF LTD is very different as compared to the NS9900, especially on its head heaviness. You should spend your time on gym more to be able to utilize VTZF LTD. Its combination of head heavy and stiffness level is quite demanding.

19. rashdan

rashdan Regular Member

lecturer
    same case,a lot of good reviews on ns9900.'racun' me to buy 2 ns9900.use them for almost 3 years now. currently i'm using bg66um (26lbs) bro. previous i used bg80 (26lbs) bg66 (26lbs) nbg98 (26lbs).

20. kokmengng

kokmengng Regular Member

Where to get NS9900LTD in MY? Price ard?