BWF Logo Design Competition

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by phaarix, Nov 6, 2006.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i think they are waiting for the finals of sudirman cup and when they crown the champion, maybe then they will show off the new logo.

on another matter, i am surprised to see very few logo from our BC members. i thought there will be more to see. :D

2. Dmitry

Dmitry Regular Member

I promise to post my logo in a week, now I'm too far away from my home copmuter... :)

3. xt6666

xt6666 Regular Member

Badminton Idol
  4. darenong

darenong Regular Member

nice logo ... a very BWF-standard logo ... i guess ...

5. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Whoa seriously? It's a bit similar to the old one don't you think? Not very adventurous of them... I preferred bdmnt0n's first logo personally :). It's clever and looks really nice! The new official logo is just a slight rearrangement of the old logo really...

Edit: I mean it's nice and all don't get me wrong but a bit too samey that's all :p...

#85 phaarix, Jun 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think it is quite nice. does not look very 21st century web2.0 style, but at least it is not 70's like the old one.

Attached Files:

7. Resenmac@mac.co

Resenmac@mac.co New Member

New Logo

i agree. looks like the old one. too bad for them. they missed a chance to do something special.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yep, resembles the previous one..

thx, xt6666, for the link;)..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    hmm, maybe they chose it from a couple or so similar designs using the "Eenie meenie, minee moe, how many numbers do you want?" method...and voila, this design came out to be the winner...:p
    It's nice, but i would somewhat agree w/phaarix's sentiment...I was thinking of a similar design, but i thought i've seen something similar before(I thought one of the rule was that the design must be original):confused:..
    Yeah, the overall concept looks the same as the previous one(location of the wording of Badminton World Federation, the colors used, symbol of stylized earth). Perhaps the judges didn't want to get too much away from the previous design. Except this time, it looks like the shuttle has flown thru and the letters BWF are added & inscribed in large fonts....
    One thing to ponder, if they are to make another logo design contest, i wonder how the logo might look like??..
    Anyways, we should get accustomed to it, as with other "new" things..Congrats again to the winner!!;):cool:

#88 ctjcad, Jun 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  9. darenong

darenong Regular Member

will this logo look good in icon mode ? on the shirt ? on tshirt ? on the paper ? im sure it will .... but if we were the voters .. this one wouldnt come out as winner .... well at least not my pick as no 1 .. hehe no offence

10. bdmnt0n

bdmnt0n Regular Member

-
    i think the concept is pretty good but it could have been done in a less clip-arty style to look more distinctive. but yes, its their choice!

11. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

It's an extremely conservative choice. I don't think it's much improvement on the old logo.

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Creeps me out. The first thing I read on this page was "Die Badminton World Federation".

13. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

LOL true... Some people must really dislike the new logo :p.

14. Resenmac@mac.co

Resenmac@mac.co New Member

This was a very closed competition with no semifinalists or finalists announced. No way for those who entered to follow the judging process. It also took a very long time for the decision to be made which makes me wonder what could have been going on behind the scenes. And I wonder why any designer would want to mimic the old logo (how could this happen in a worldwide competition). Could there have been a possible redesign once the entries were in, taking the best ideas from the batch. We don't know - we were in the dark for months. I urge those of you who are unhappy with the logo (as fans and designers) to voice your displeasure of the logo and the awful handling of this competition to the BWF. You worked hard - and you owe yourself that.

#94 Resenmac@mac.co, Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  15. Dmitry

Dmitry Regular Member

As I promised, I present my variants of the logo. Though they are also similar to the old one, but look more scalable than the new one...:)

bwf7_a.jpg

bwf7_b.jpg

Though, I did it just for fun, don't mind.:)

16. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Hmm.. honestly speaking...

I like it. :D It looks simple, slightly cartoonish(my kind of style :p) and nice(yes, kinda vague, but for the lack of a better word..)!

Although the guidelines shouldn't have restricted the colours to red.. A multicoloured logo on a nice design will leave a deeper impact.

The colour red.. must be some chinese fellow who believes that red=prosperity. :p

My opinion, of course. I see nearly everyone here disliking it. Hey, I'm not much of an artist, so I just like it.

17. h4pun

h4pun New Member

Graphic designer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have send in these two designs for the BWF logo competition.

The first design is using the similar idea of Olympics five rings to represent the five continents. The "W" represent shuttlecock and ties the five rings together and gives the sense of unity.

The second design, I play around with the initial BWF. The "B" represent the love of badminton because it looks like the heart shape and "WF" make up the shuttlecock. The three initials unites together and become the chop of BWF.

I have to say it is very hard to design the logo because of the theme BWF had set: "Badminton unties the World".

18. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
  19. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i cant see the logo h4pun. :) i have an inkling of an idea through your description though.

20. h4pun

h4pun New Member

Graphic designer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my first experience to down load the drawings. I have trouble to use yahoo URL. Now I have joined the "photobucket" and hopes this time will work.