Ajay Jayaram अजय जयराम्

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by skchen, Jul 10, 2010.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Poor Ajay! He must be wondering what it would take to not meet LCW in the early rounds of a tournament! It seems every time he gets to round 2 or the quarters, there is Chong Wei, waiting to greet him on court! :D

Ajay made a meal of his first-round match with Sourabh Verma, but prevailed eventually in 3 games. Now for another lesson from LCW in speed, injection of pace, control and mental discipline. Would it be too much to expect him to take a game off the WR #1?

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    `Disappointed but not shattered`

Sharda Wadhwa
    Date of Publishing: 2012-05-18

http://cityplus.jagran.com/city-news/-disappointed-but-not-shattered_1337336617.html

25-year-old badminton player Ajay Jayaram, who missed out on the men’s singles berth for Olympics, says he will soon jump back on the international circuit. He tells us that the recent loss at the Indian Open Super Series hasn’t affected his game

Despite coming so close to Olympic qualification, Mumbai badminton player Ajay Jayaram is not losing his focus of climbing the ladder. His target is to get into the top 15 ranking of the Badminton World Federation (BWF). Jayaram speaks to Cityplus about how he plans to keep himself going for this season, and other future ambitions.

Missed the London bus
    I was disappointed that I lost an assured chance of qualifying for London Olympics this year. I lost in the second round to world no 1 Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia 21-16, 15-21, 21-5.

I had worked hard for the entire year and the loss against Chong halted all my dreams to play in London Olympics. But, life does not stop here I have to do well to be reckoned at international circuit.

Like any other sportsmen, I also have to deal with these defeats and look to perform better whenever given a chance.

Now, my plan is to work harder for the Singapore Super Series tournament next month. Now that I have not qualified for London Olympics, I can concentrate on breaking into the top 15 world ranking, by the end of this year.

Best wishes for Kashyap
    Meanwhile, another Indian shuttler Parupalli Kashyap qualified for Olympics after getting a walk over in the quarterfinals against Chen Jin of China, at the same Indian Open Super Series, where Jayaram faltered.

It is nice that if not me then my friend Kashyap qualified for Olympics. I will cheer for him; hope he does well at the London Olympics. He is a great player and am sure he will not leave any stone unturned to leave a mark in London.

Consistency to be tapped
    The loss to world no 1 at the recently concluded Indian Open Super Series in Delhi has made me realise that I need to bring stability in my game.

There are two ways one can take the defeat, and I want to take it in a positive manner. While playing to Wei, I came back in the game but could not hold on that good a form throughout the match. So I need to work harder on that aspect to get into the top 15.

Tom a great teacher
    The man behind my success is English coach Tom John. After a small break I will go to Bangalore to train under him for his future tournaments.

Earlier, I would train in Lucknow with Tom, but now he has moved to Bangalore. After this small break, I will get on court with Tom for rigorous training.

Tom plans my training session perfectly. He spreads the training session into three sessions.

Each session is extremely intense and quiet tough, which keeps me going and taking on world champions.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Worth a read!

“I definitely think I could have won that semifinal against Hu Yun”- Ajay Jayaram

Read more: http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/10/12/qa-with-ajay-jayaram/#ixzz29Rlocjbu

Excerpts:

Your most memorable match this year:It would have to be against Kenichi Tago in the first round of the China Masters. I played an almost error-free game and that win paved the way for me to reach the semifinals. I hit so many smashes in that match, I almost injured my abdomen!

The friendliest player on the international circuit:Derek Wong, Singapore.
    Your kind of music:I listen to rock, pop, Bollywood. My favourite singer is Shankar Mahadevan, and my favourite rock band is Nirvana.

4. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Cobalt bought his vacation tickets and is having a tour of 'indian forums' today.:D Enjoy your stay. Don't forget to eat 'papadam' also. :D

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Thank you, kind sir! :p The flavour this week is Indian spice and curry. Be warned, next week may be nasi, er.... lemak? goreng? :p

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Haha yes, in fact you are needed more at home ground. Paging Mr Cobalt, your country needs your analysis.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ajay has not been living up to the expectations of his fans. For some reason known only to him, he appears to stop short of the point one expects him to arrive at.

At the French Opens this week, he has a decent chance to get to the semi-finals, if he plays to his full potential. Beyond that, who knows?

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Yeesh, you 're not being hard on the guy or anything, eh? :rolleyes:

This isn't a school boy who refuses to finish his supper. This is a guy at the top level of a tough sport. The difference, on any given day, between two highly skilled players can be merely that of a centimetre of height; or a good night's sleep; or an extra dollop of confidence because your Christian grandmother approves of the new tattoo on your shoulder.

As the days of LCW and LD are numbered, it is fun to have a closer look at the "almost there"s of the Badminton World. They are now under scrutiny (at least under the gimlet eye of detective cobalt).
    Ajay's skills are definitely there. Hopefully he'll do well and be able to access them with confidence this week. :)

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    He has been consistent in playing. But the point is he will be facing either lindan or lee chong wei in the first rounds. That was the problem. I think he might reach the semis if he plays consistently here. Lets hope for the best. All the very best for you ajay.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Will Ajay Jayaram be able to elevate his status at the international level?

Sam Willis
    http://blogs.bettor.com/Will-Ajay-J...international-level-Badminton-Feature-a199785

Excerpts:

If someone has to name a nation that is becoming a major threat for the super powers of badminton world, India would be the right choice as its campaigners are catching up at great pace and their performance in last few years clearly shows that.

Saina Nehwal, P. V. Sindhu, Jwala Gutta, Ashwini Ponnappa, Parupalli Kashyap and last but not the least Ajay Jayaram are the most prominent shuttlers who have registered their presence in the arena.

Especially, the young Men’s Singles expert Ajay Jayaram has performed exceptionally well in the recent past and now the badminton pundits are declaring him the future hope along with his senior companion P. Kashyap.

...Ajay Jayaram’s latest outing was 2012 French Open where he challenged the veteran Dane Peter Gade and played impeccable badminton in this hard fought battle. He put all of his brilliance in the game and earned a great deal of admiration for his fighting spirit.

Now the Indian lad will be participating in two back-to-back home events, India International Challenge and 2012 India Open GP and these badminton tournaments will be a test case for him.

Ajay Jayaram will have to put an extra effort to gain a permanent spot in the list of world beaters and it is right time for him to elevate his class.

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    WHISKER MISS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SUPERSERIES FINALS

Just 70 points short btw Vittinghus and jayaram which made him to wait for one more year to look out for his performance in Superseries tournaments to participate.

Vittinghus - 41670
    Ajay Jayaram - 41600

13. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Till October he was in the reckoning but he needed decent performances in China and HongKong open which didnt happened and Chen Long by winning these two last tourneys leapfrogged from behind him to 2nd position and kicked him out.... nonetheless if he would have been able to do so he would have achieved more then what he himself might have expected before the start of the season, but thats what you set out to do.............. err outdo everyone else.... :)

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Comparing ChenLong to Ajay ...!!!! ChenLong is World No.2 He even has beaten Lee Chong Wei.

Ajay is nothing short of talent ..I watched many matches of him. He has excellent deception and wonderful strokes. I hope he will do well in the coming tournaments and prove all the critics go wrong.. :)

15. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    My dear friend, nobody is comparing the two players you mentioned...

But you need to understand how the superseries ranking works... its different from the world ranking you are pointing of... or even Ajay from his 32nd ranking in the world wouldnt have been so close to a lace amngst the worlds top 8... for your knowledge Chen Long made it because of his wins in the last two super series tournaments or else he would not have been able to play here... Ajay was ranked 8th and Chn Long 9th till first week of October in the superseries standings even Lin dan isnt qualified to play the SuperSeries finals and he is world rank 3 now{not that actually reflects his talent or calibre} even if he decided to play the China and Hongkong Open and won them it would have been difficult for him to make it to the superseries finals....

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    India’s No.2 looks to break into World top-15

Tue Jan 01 2013
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/india-s-no.2-looks-to-break-into-world-top15/1052636/0

Excerpts:

...What were the high-points?
    The high points would be the semifinals at the China Masters, my wins over Kenichi Tago, Wang Zheng Ming, twice extending the world no. 1, Lee Chong Wei to 3 sets, and a year ending super series rank of 11.
    What were the low points?
    The low points would be missing out on the Olympics and on the Superseries finals by a whisker.
    What were the significant changes in your game over this period? Can’t say I’ve been entirely successful, but I have brought in a little more variation in my attack.

...Which were the important matches in terms of playing against higher ranked players? If your talking about the most important wins, I’d say it would be against Kenichi Tago and Wang Zheng Ming. And if its the losses which I believe could have really made the difference I’d say against Hu Yun in the China Masters semifinals and against Lee Chong Wei at the Hong Kong Open.

...What was the impact of the bronze medal on the sport in the country?
    It’s definitely huge. Thanks to Saina’s feat badminton’s now amongst the top sports in the country. There is an increased awareness about the sport which means there will be more kids taking to badminton, more funds etc which will definitely push badminton in the country to a whole new level.
    Mumbai would obviously covet you....but which team in the IBL would you be keen to represent? Well, haven’t thought too much about it. But yes, definitely Mumbai would be my first choice if I had the option.

...What has this year taught you and what’s the new year resolution? This year has taught me that if you are persistent and stick to your beliefs, no matter what the disappointments and obstacles, success definitely awaits you. My new year resolution is to become mentally tougher and go on court every time with a pumped up attitude.

...What’s the ranking target for the coming year?
    It would be to break into the top 15.
    Anything you wish to leave behind ? Anything you wish to not change from 2012? I would like to leave behind the disappointments of this year. I don’t want to change my attitude of never giving up and keep working harder no matter what the losses.

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Ajay Jayaram out of Korea Open with food poisoning[/h]

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/01/07/ajay-jayaram-out-of-korea-open-with-food-poisoning/

EXCERPTS:

World No.31 Ajay Jayaram, due to take part in the Korea Open Superseries Premier, withdrew from the tournament due to food poisoning. Jayaram was admitted to hospital on Friday after he started vomiting, and he was discharged on Sunday. The second highest ranked Indian was due to play former World Champion Chen Jin in his opening round match. The Indian team thus sports a lean look as it begins its season with the Korea Open tomorrow. Only the top singles players have been fielded, unlike in recent Superseries events which have seen the second rung of hopefuls. In Jayaram’s absence, P Kashyap is the sole Indian representative in the men’s singles. The world No.14 will take on England’s Rajiv Ouseph first; if he gets past Ouseph, he is likely to take on Hong Kong’s Hu Yun next. In the women’s singles, Saina Nehwal, the third seed, faces Thai newcomer Sapsiree Taerattanachai, while compatriot PV Sindhu plays the same opponent she lost to in the Syed Modi International final in December, Lindaweni Fanetri of Indonesia.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ajay Jayaram should be back in competition at the German Open, after a long and hopefully restful period. If he plays to his potential he will probably meet Tommy Sugiarto in the R16. If he gets past the higher-seeded Tommy, he will probably meet Sho Sasaki in the QF round.

One round at a time.....

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    From AJ's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ajay289

Monday via Mobile

"Hi guys, some good news :))).. I have qualified for this years WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS to be held in china from the 5th to the 11th of August !!! Only 2 from a country qualify in an event and I am happy to have made the cut. This will be my second appearance at the championships. I will be playing 3 tournaments in June : the thailand Indonesia and Singapore open . I hope to have some good solid results in these as they will be like a run up to the worlds and a good performance will boost my confidence."