Congratulations Lin Dan :)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by volcom, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well-son

well-son Regular Member

Not agree.
    They both were trying to do their best at the momment.
    Congratulations to both LD and LCW !!!

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Are u sure? i just heard a few words from LCW saying that Malaysia badminton..etc....;)

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Both players played very hard in each shot and rally to win that USD 90 K.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Let's watch the repeat to confirm.

5. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

LCW tried to smash more often. LD was often at defence more often I think.

6. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    lin dan has basically shut lcw and taufik up once and for all for bad-mouthing him when he withdrew from the malaysian open last week even though the malaysian doctor had certified lin dan to be unfit for his quarter-final match with chen long. both of them wanted the badminton world federation (bwf) to investigate into the validity of lin dan's withdrawal and penalize him - how unprofessional and unbecoming of them!

between the 2 players, i think lin dan has got more grace and class than lcw. i always hate to see lcw going up to his opponent to shake their hands after he had won the game and trying to show some empathy - how hypocritical! this time when lin dan won, he simply shied away almost immediately without any grace and class - i guess he was in a state of shock and disbelief with himself and can't muster enough courage to congratulate lin dan properly after the game.

i strongly believe lcw really thought he can beat lin dan this time and was even cocky during some exchanges in the match but time and time again, lin dan has proven that lcw is still second best to him in the world. with this victory, even the most ardent lcw fan or lin dan hater would have to admit that lin dan is simply the greatest player ever to walk this earth.

7. Cory

Cory Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I don't think LD was 100% injury free however, he stepped up when he needed to win the final game. As for LCW, he hit a half court smash into the net around 17-16 points (in the video you can see LD sticking his tongue out in disbelief) and was cautioned by the umpire for taking an unauthorized towel break and I believe that messed up this mental flow. So, well done LD !! Now I need to go get me a N90 racket !

8. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

I wouldnt say LCW is cocky but vs LD he certainly tries to overdo it. He keeps giving mean stares at LD throughout the game, not apologizing for his luck on his lift that hit the net. I understand he wants to keep his focus but he is trying way too hard.

As for LD putting out his tongue... LD retrieved so many of LCW smashes that point already, when fatigue and frustration kicks in, even the best make errors

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Rudy told me CBA has changed its prize money distribution, now all CHN players get to keep all...before it was 50-50. Rudy please correct me if I am wrong here.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think I know the incident you're referring to. He stuck out his tongue because he knew he got away with one after being dominated in that rally. Look at his facial expression too. Fatigue had nothing to do with it.

11. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Yes. he considered himself lucky to win that point, that's why he stuck his tongue out.

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think so too. He is playing the mind game against Lin Dan where he doesn't apologize for his luck and so on.

13. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    And when LD turn to look at him when he was staring, he kinda freaks out/scared and he'll never dare to look again until he scores another point. Haha.. That was very funny to watch when he suddenly look away or lower down his head after LD turns to look at him while he was staring... :p

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    why he humble playing lin dan,people say he cant win like this
    when he stare lin dan through out the match,people say he is cocky and what so ever
    next time lcw should put on a mask,like this no complain
    hahaha

15. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    yeah i agree with u, LCW was just trying to play his game and people said he is cocky whatsoever.

but for me, there`s a nervous sign everytime LCW plays LD.
    how can u be cocky when u are facing someone that beat u 14 times(15 times after the KO)???
    talking about cocky......yeah, LD is cocky, but it`s doing good for him, he is a man who thrive when he feels confident. he knows he is a level higher than LCW.
    it`s up to LCW to overcome his fear when facing someone of LD calibre........but saying that he is cocky, that`s an unrealistic accusation

16. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    i'm not saying he's cocky or smth... he's not apologizing when he hits the shuttle that touches the net and fall on the other side like every other players did. I saw LD keeps raising his hand apologizing even when LCW/any other players made a mistake at the net, wonder why was that? hahaha...

17. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    why asking BWF to investigate this matter is unprofessional?

and why showing some empathy towards ur opponent is hypocritical?
    i rather someone who beats be doing that than running the whole stadium screaming like he got posessed.

U said LCW didnt congratulate LD properly? how can he? LD just ran away to the crowd after the game, what do u expect? for him to chase LD?
    were u even watched that match?

I`m not anything against LD or any other player, he is a legend of modern badminton and I respect him, but for you to just saying words like "hypocritical", "unprofessional", "unbecoming" to some player, u must have a basis before saying anything like that....

18. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    yeah.....that`s true, it`s clearly he is under pressure and he should have apologize

19. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

QUOTE=volcom;1616024]Sensational performance to seal the great victory at Premier KOpen 2011!!!
    A true legend!!!
    A great taste of victory after he was robbed in the 2008 edition by the linejudges....
    A very patriotic moment for him with the Chinese National Flag....
    Absolutely amazing match!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, congrats to LD, nice ang pow $$$ for CNY. Plus nice OSIM massage chair for him and XXF to enjoy :D;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i am not replying ur post

he need to win another ss title then
    haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.