Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Let me ask you. The world championships, All England, Olympic Games, ASian games is Bigger(major) or smaller tournament than those super series title? I'm sure you are not stupid enough to figure them out too. No doubt LCW is a good ambassador for the SS tournaments. I'm just implying that in the future, he should just concentrate more towards the MAJOR title.;) which he is doing now.

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

and you just know that chen long will be lookiing at this finals video over and over and over .. and say to himself 'i am gonna get him next time' ahahahahah

Lin Dan will only say been there done that.. he still have 18 (somebody check that) games to catch up with me

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

But you said NO NEED TO PLAY in small chilli padi tournament...? Are you sure that SS is considered chilli padi? Or were you referring to the National Grand Prix Finals in Terengganu and the German Open? ;)

4. Khai_AS10

Khai_AS10 Regular Member

Project Basis
    After the AE, it will not the old LCW anymore.... next target is the OG gold medal title.....!!! LCW is No.1!!!!!

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Well, LCW was not even in Germany for the tournament. Yeah, that national grand prix and those grand prix tourney

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW has 3 missions, IMHO

Regardless of what we think, LCW has 3 missions, IMHO. :):):)

And they are;

(1) To retain his World No.1 ranking until he retires
    (2) To win as many major tournaments before he retires
    (3) To improve his H2H results against LD before he retires

The (1) is quite possible to achieve; but for (2) and (3), there won't be much time left for him.

Let's hope he can improve on (2) and (3); but there is only about 16 months for him to work on it.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I think George meant the German GP Gold held the week before AE. LCW signed up for it, later withdrew

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Dont forget to include RS also....

**but seeing RASHID SIDEK's face sitting beside TSB is something not very good feeling for me. If TV is selling cheap in the market, i would have smashed right to his face using my tea cup.

10. flite

flite Regular Member

Hahaha LOL. What has the Sidek brothers done wrong to you that would make you so "beastly" may I ask?

11. eaglehelang

[​IMG]
    Datuk Lee Chong Wei holds the trophy as he celebrates his victory over China's Lin Dan during the mens singles final of the Badminton All England Open Championships at The National Indoor Arena in Birmingham. Photo by AFP.

WORLD No 1 Lee Chong Wei ground China's Olympic champion Lin Dan's hopes of a fifth All England men's singles crown into dust, triumphing in a pulsating final to retain his title in Birmingham yesterday. The 28-year-old dropped to his knees and covered his face with his hands after clinching the final point in his 21-17, 21- 17 victory over Lin Dan for his eighth career victory over his rival to become the first Malaysian in 54 years to retain the All England title.

Chong Wei's key to yesterday's victory was his explosive start in both games, which the China shuttler failed to absorb in the 52-minute encounter.

The Penang-born began the match aggressively as it was the only way he had any hope of causing an upset.

It was tight as both players exchanged points before Chong Wei, raced ahead 11-9 before taking a healthy 18-12 lead.

But several unforced errors by Chong Wei allowed Lin Dan to reduce the deficit by a mere point but the Malaysian regained his intensity with a powerful smash to earn the final point.

There was little to separate both players in the second game but Chong Wei used his lethal smashes effectively and took a midway lead at 11-9.

Lin Dan kept digging deep and his efforts were rewarded as Chong Wei's focus started to waver, and the former world champion leveled at 17-17.

However, Chong Wei showed why he is such an exceptional performer as he regained his composure and secured the next four points to win the second game and the title.

It was Chong Wei's first victory, after two straight losses to Lin Dan, since his victory at last September's Japan Open final.

Chong Wei, who has held the World No 1 ranking since Sept, 2008, earned US$26,650 (RM79,800) for his efforts while Lin Dan received US$13,300 (RM40,440).

Meanwhile, it was not one of Wang Shixian's best performances but it was enough for the World No 1 to regain China's supremacy in the women's singles yesterday.

Shixian did not let her injured left ankle stop her from ending Japan's World No 17 Eriko Hirose's gallant run with a hard fought 24-22, 21-18 victory in 55 minutes.

Her unseeded opponent was determined to end Japan's 34-year wait for a title in the women's singles but Shixian's great mobility and patience won back China the title after a one-year lapse.

"I had been a little bit nervous during some of the first game, especially when the score got close. But when I got back in it, I was relaxed. I really liked the atmosphere of the final," Shixian said.

Eriko, however, earned a lot of fans at the stadium with her never-say-die attitude to push Shixian to the limits.

Shixian earned US$26,250 (RM79,813) while runner-up Eriko received US$13,300 (RM40,438).

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LOL... Dato, you still have NOT forgiving him for NOT winning the OG GOLD medal in Barcelona? LOL

13. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wow, the prize money LCW get as Champion is way lesser than KO Premier SS MS Champion............but the value of the title is way higher for AE.

Why is the WS prize is more than MS ?? Less in US but more in RM. ??...LOL..........

#5393 jasonmarc, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  14. eaglehelang

See the US currency MS is USD26,650, WS=USD26,250, MS higher by USD400 according to the article

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I didnt get to watch live, just checked TS in early morning. When I saw KKK/TBHlost....was so disappointed but after I knew LCW beat LD with style in this Major final, all disappointment were gone........LCW make my day !!

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    WSX played first and LCW played last. 5 hours apart, hence the different exchange rate. Haha,,,,,

17. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant

LOL.. good one! :D

18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
  19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

This is one of the funniest and bluntly to-the-face posts I've ever read :p

And in other news, prices of flatscreen TVs have dipped dramatically....

20. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Yes, Dato a, speak up and tell us why you hate this guy so much :D

What has he done to you :confused:

Btw, next time watch with your antique tv in your house and smoke him :D

A tea cup into the screen will create the smoke :D