Help on identifying genuineness of rackets from ebay sellers!

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by mewekachichi, Mar 28, 2011.

1. mewekachichi

mewekachichi Regular Member

2. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    I think there shouldn't be any pirated apacs racket available because Apacs price is really cheap. If you were looking Lin Dan's racket, it is sure not the real one as it is made from Impact, not Li Ning.

3. mewekachichi

Ah, is Impact like Apacs? Replicates Li Ning instead of Yonex?

4. druss

druss Regular Member

It does actually state in the ad that they are "look alikes"...

From the ad description: Apacs Nano 900 Power is look alike to Yonex Armotec 900 Technique and mpact Woon N90 is look alike to "Li-Ning" Wood N90 used by Lin Dan.

The prices seem pretty low but I agree that it doesn't make much sense to clone a company that is cloning other companies...

5. mewekachichi

6. druss

druss Regular Member

I'm not sure if you've been a member of a forum before but if you look at my post... I was answering kaiyuan for that first part (that's why he is quoted before my statement). Also, the less sarcasm the better when you come on asking for help...

The second part of my post I was answering you since you were quoted right before that statement...

In the end, because no one has a database of Apacs serial numbers and because they don't follow any sort of format (such as the cone date codes on Yonex rackets) there is no way to really be sure unless you check with Apacs and find out whether they are an approved distributor.

If you want guaranteed, genuine Apacs racket then buy them from the approved distributor in your area. If you want to try and save some money and buy them on ebay then the risk is usually yours.

7. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    I am agreed with you. To be safe, buy from trusted distributor. In my opinion, I don't think any other company want to try to imitate Apacs because Apacs is a good and low cost brand. I think should be fine with that price.

8. mewekachichi

do you know how I could check with Apacs?

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    the price is pretty reasonable for me, the seller is from Malaysia which is logical it is that cheap (since APACS is malaysian brand)
    and I don't think anyone wants to make APACS fake since if they make Yonex fake they could sell it easier and more expensive
    so I don't think it's a fake

10. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I hv met one of them personally in Kualalumpur and he is APACS reseller.
    And from the website it looks like they are the same person.
    I hv bought many from them before I knew the APACS salesman.
    Their price is a bit expensive compare to the street price, eventhough still cheaper then other APACS reseller online.
    Here in Malaysia, it is very easy to become APACS reseller because the salesman has the target to sell number of rackets, so they just sell the rackets with distributor price to whoever interest to buy.
    Even myself can buy APACS racket with distributor price eventhough I'm not distributor.
    So to check with APACS would be useless.

APACS racket is almost similar one and another, only cosmetic is different, except for the high-ends model.

but I heard a lot of complaints from overseas buyer due to shipping of the sellers.
    SO, since you are in Australia, you may try to find APACS in Australia ...

#10 maa2003, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011