Normal for Cone to Crack?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Justheretoplay, May 5, 2013.

1. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    Is it normal for the cone to crack where it meets the shaft? I have several rackets with the paint flaking off where to cone meets the shaft, but on my recently purchased Z-Force, the cone seems to be developing cracks (around 1.5mm long) rather than just having the paint flaking off.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The top of the cone is subject to a lot of flexing, so the paint often flakes off there.

Cones will crack after a while, but it shouldn't be happening to a new racket. Sadly, they're not available as parts for replacement - every racket has a different one, after all.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    the only time i've experience cone cracking or loose is on the yonex arc002 because of it's flexible shaft. other rackets i own are stff enough to not flex the cone too much to cause cracking. you my friend, is a strong man to flex the zforce like that :)

or a woman actually

#3 gundamzaku, May 6, 2013
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  4. visor

visor Regular Member

As others have said, it's not normal to happen to a new racket. Bring it up with your store and see if you can get a replacement. If it makes a clicking noise, it definitely is a warranty issue.

5. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    It makes a clicking noise once in a while, but not very often.

6. Benito

Benito Regular Member

I have almost the same problem with my Voltric rackets: paint is flacking off and I can hear some clinging noise sometimes. But no cracks are developped on the cone itself Oo (I do not have problems of clinging noise with Victor and Li Ning rackets... if you hear me Mr Yoneyama)