mak hee chun/tan wee kiong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jul 9, 2010.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

not embarassing at all, the Thai pair is no pushover...
    anyway glad that they won...
    keep it up, slay more pair and go far
    i think they have a good record against the JPN pair??

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

They never met before, so no record. Generally they have done well against JPN pairs at the beginning of last year, only to fall apart at the Asian Games and the AE against Endo/Kenichi

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    They had a healthy lead in the first set but crumbled.

5. undeadshot

Well, a not inspiring performance against the superior Japanese pair, I think splitting them up is the best way after all :(

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I wonder if they communicated during the match..................or still the same old story !!

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I was there to see them. Nothing special leh. What is so good about them? No power, no speed. ;)

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Exactly.............but they got so many fans in Bcer la...........lol

9. undeadshot

Or only one fan!

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Wat is good? ask their coach or their biggest fan ;) here la:D

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Sunday July 3, 2011
    Coach Kim Her splits up Hee Chun-Wee Kiong combination
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: National back-up coach Tan Kim Her has finally put an end to the miserable partnership of Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong after the duo’s form took a dip following a misunderstanding between them.
    Kim Her will now look for new partners for Hee Chun and Wee Kiong after the World Championships, which will be held in London from Aug 8-14.
    Hee Chun-Wee Kiong were once the country’s top pair, rising steadily to as high as 21st in the world rankings. However, bad vibes between the duo following uninspiring performances at the Guangzhou Asian Games spoiled everything.
    [​IMG] Going separate ways: Mak Hee Chun (left) Tan Wee Kiong will be getting new partners at the World Championships in August.

Kim Her gave them several chances to mend their ways, with the recent Singapore Open being their last platform to salvage their partnership. Instead, the duo crashed out in the second round.
    It was obvious to all that their partnership was beyond repair.

The duo started playing together early last year are now ranked 43rd in the world.
    “I spoke up about their future as a pair at the coaching and training committee meeting (on Thursday) and we agreed that it was best to split them up,” said Kim Her yesterday.
    “Mak and Tan have their own specialities but it’s unfortunate they do not have good chemistry. In doubles play, it is important to trust your partner and to have mutual respect. Skill alone is not enough.”

Kim Her said he would tinker with the other partnerships to accommodate both Hee Chun and Wee Kiong.
    “The only pair that will stick together are Lim Khim Wah-Goh Wei Shem. They are progressing well. We will continue to send them out for tournaments to help establish themselves as a reliable pair. We will look at other partnerships,” said Kim Her.
    “I will have a clearer picture on the new partners for Hee Chun and Wee Kiong after the world meet.”
    The other pairs under Kim Her’s charge are Ow Yao Han-Chooi Kah Ming, Pang Zheng Lin-Yew Hong Kheng, Tan Wee Tat-Tan Yip Jiun, Teo Kok Siang and Chan Peng Soon. However, Kah Ming and Kok Siang are injured.
    Peng Soon is on a loan to the mixed doubles department as he has seeks to qualify for the next year’s London Olympic Games with Goh Liu Ying.
    Meanwhile, Kim Her has listed the pairing of Hee Chun-Hong Kheng and Wee Kiong-Yao Han for the Kedah Open, which will be held from July 13-17.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/7/3/sports/9022801.asp&sec=sports

Sorry undeadshot, your fav pair confirmed to split. But me, hehehe, waiting to see if Mak reunites with TKS

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]Kim Her splits up Hee Chun-Wee Kiong[/h]

2011/07/03

NATIONAL back-up doubles coach Tan Kim Her, after much deliberation, has decided to split Mak Hee Chun and Tan Wee Kiong as their career as pair is heading nowhere despite getting numerous chances throughout the year.
    Lack of trust has seen the pair heading for self destruction less than a year after they made the Asian Games squad and Kim Her has no choice but to hasten his decision on the duo.

Kim Her had initially wanted to wait until Teo Kok Siang, who is out due to foot surgery, returns to competition at the end of the year where he could be a possible partner for Hee Chun.

"They have been given enough chances but nothing much has changed.

"They will split up but their respective partners will only be confirmed after the World Championships," said Kim Her.

Hee Chun will partner Yew Hong Kheng while Wee Kiong will be paired off with Ow Yao Han in the Kedah Open on July 13-16 in a one-off outing.

Wee Kiong partnered Chan Peng Soon in the Thailand Open last month before resuming his combination with Hee Chun in the Singapore Open where they reached the second round.

Hee Chun won the Asian and World Junior titles with Kok Siang in 2008 and there is a likelihood the pair will be reunited as the latter's current partner Goh Wei Shem has been progressing well with Lim Khim Wah over the last three months.

There could also be some changes in the elite squad where Zakry Latif-Hoon Thien How and Fairuzizuan Tazari-Ong Soon Hock have stagnated and a player or two could be demoted to the back-up squad.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/lnker312/Article/art_print

13. danielwong

Salesman
    time to close this thread mod.....

14. danielwong

Salesman
    they are back!! TKH decided to partner both of them again...hope some new firework from them

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

yeah, hope they perform well or else...

16. PrimeShuttler

PrimeShuttler Regular Member

Health Dept
    I wonder if TKH knows what he is doing. :confused:
    All this changing/swapping of the pairs around may not be the best option. I mean, take Lim Khim Wah/Goh V Shem for example. They beat Lee Yong-dae and Shin Baek Choel, one is an Olympic champion, the other is Asian Games gold medalist. Is this not proof enough that LKW/GVS should stay as a pair?
    The only reason he should have to split the pair up is that he can then go on to produce another 2 pairs who are BOTH better than this current pairing.
    However, I'm not sure that these changes will necessarily be able to do that.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i prefer he do something and try something
    unlike rashid sidek who goyang kaki-ed from 2005 to present+future

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

well since they're back in one pair again, kindly stick back the picture that torn apart please...

19. markchan

markchan Regular Member

If not mistaken, the ori pair is ranked higher than the new pairing of GVS/LKW, thus he is trying to get them qualified for the OLY, no?

20. undeadshot

WAS. If they didn't play with each other for one year they will have no world ranking. Same goes to MHC/TWK who probably has a very low world ranking since their last tournament together was the Singapore Open SS last year.