Victor Thruster K 8000 (TK8000 / K8000)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by apachesun, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Kalen

Kalen Regular Member

Just got the Victor Thruster! Anyone need more pictures or is it enough on the thread? I can take some pictures tonight and do a review next week!

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If you can take pictures of the shaft that would be cool. Everybody posts pictures of the head. Very excited for another review!

3. Kalen

Kalen Regular Member

No problem. Ill take a few shots of the shaft tonight.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Thank you!

5. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I guess I should contribute my findings on this racquet. I have just gotten to play a 2 hours session today with this newly acquired weapon. My weapon is newly strung with AP62+ at 24x26 lbs. I am using it to play doubles games today and previously using Kason F9... Here below are my findings...

There are three areas which I would like to mention about.

1) Serving - I need some time to get used to serve using this racket. Previously when using F9, I need to drive/push the shuttle with some force to get the shuttle over. However, using the same force, it is just not possible with TK8000. The serve will surely end up too high if using the same amount of force. This is because with the slightest flick/hit, the head heavy momentum will add onto the force that I generated. Hence the shuttle will be lifted higher. To counter this, I have to lower the amount of force used and need some time to get used to it. The head heaviness of TK8000 is very obvious during serving.

2. Backhand - This is a real problem for me today. My backhand was way too terrible today using TK8000. I had alot of mishit when trying backhand clear and cannot hit the shuttle to the baseline. I guess it is my problem as I do not have strong arm and wrist. Hence, the head heaviness increase the force needed for me to hit to baseline, which I failed miserably today... On the side note, I manage to execute two backhand smash, one killing the game and one was being saved. I guess once again the momentum assisted in the down force hence enabling me to execute the backhand smash.

3. Smash - Now this is the area which I am most pleased with. Like what other users have mentioned, my smashes indeed was great today (if able to hit at the right sweet spot of course!). Although at times I have problem hitting the sweet spot and sometimes had mishit, but once the smash was done correctly, my smashes were more powerful compared to F9. One partner even commented that my smash must be like 250km/hr :p. Anyhow, I am sure this is due to the catapult effect (HAHAHA) or the head heaviness of this racquet which the down force momentum assisted me in getting a more powerful smash.

Overall, I think I need more time to get used to it and also I might like to try out some other string on this racquet before really adding more reviews. I am not quite pleased with AP62+ eventually... I still havent fell in love with this racquet yet as it did causes my game to be slower compared to F9. Time will tell...

Kindly like my post if you think this review helps.. hehehe ;)

Sundis likes this.
  6. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    Feel like u are describing on how u play/style , doesnt feel like u are describing the characteristic of the racket though

7. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Then treat it as my own experience with the racquet then rather than a review.. not good at reviewing racquet. Hah

8. Kalen

Kalen Regular Member

Alright so I'll also give my review on the rackets based on my experience.
    Time Played : 1 hour
    String used : BG 65
    String Tenbetweenr27Lbs
    My main racket : Armortec 900T

The first 15 minutes is for warm up. The first impression about this racket is its paint job! Nice red on the top frame! Second thing I notice is the weight. It is definitely a head heavy racket no doubt. The hitting sound is also a biy different compared to many yonex rackets. It sounds like the noise came from intense vibration but yet, I didn't feel much vibrations. Obviously, I did felt it vibrate a bit but anyway, not very bad.

Clears
    Hitting clears were a bit hard to be honest. I wasn't able to make a clear as effortless as I thought. Making clears from the back line to the other needs, in my opinion, more strength. Then again, even tho clearing far wasn't this rackets speciality, making precise clear was really where this racket shines. I was able to make really accurate clears to left middle or right.

Back Hand Clears
    The best pary of my game was this part, back hand clears. It takes me a bit of strength to make back hand clears from over head, but making back hand clears from the bottom, oh god it felt good. I was able to effortless make low back hand clears! Over head back hand clears was a bit of struggling, but all in all, still very accurate.

Drives
    Since I played double, making drives is important. This rackets lacks the ability to fast return drives, maybe due to the heavy head and mid flex shaft. However, when able to drive, shots hits very hard.

Long drops
    As I mentioned above, the racket really give me good accuray. Drop shots from the back line to the net is good once you get a hang of it. At the first game, I had really big trouble adjusting this racket and my shots. Once you a hang of it, you'll be able to make good accurate shots. Ofcourse, to tame a beast, we need to spend some times. Cross long drops was a bit of disappointment. It took me a while to be able to make cross drops from the back line. Then, when finally able to do so, shuttle is way over the net.

Drops
    Well, what can I say. In my opinion, close net drops depends on the string and not really tge racket itself. You adjust the lenght where your racket should be and touch the shuttle to bounce it back. Since we've don't need much strength to hit a net drop, I say we depens on the string.

Smashes
    I wasn't able to achieve a better smashing power like other people stated. You also need some time to ajust in smashing. My smashes weren't that fast and I found that the smashes weren't flying toward the ground. They looked more like a drives. Then again, I only played an hour, so I haven't tamed this devil yet.

Defense
    Defense was good overall. I wasn't struggling at all I can block mostly of my opponents smashes. Only concern is you need some strength in order to lift the shuttle high. Without putting mich strength, I say you'll get a pretty darn fast smash return right in your face. =)

Overall rating
    Power : 7/10
    Defense : 8/10
    Control : 9/ 10

Don't judge this racket from my review. Everyone have different style so what's good to me doesn't necessarily mean goos for you. Let the price of the racket drop a bit before buying. It is a good racket overall. But test it before buying it. This racket wont be in everyones fav list.

PS : Pictures will b posted later on and I will update new review after playing with the racket much more longer. Comparisons between rackets will also be postes later on.
    Thanks for reading.

9. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    My opinion of the TK8000... 10/10 tops.... superb....=)

10. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Thanks for your review... agreed with you. I forgot to mention that lifts/clears taking from near net to opponent baseline were really a breeze. At times when I stretch myself out to lift and was not looking at the shuttle, but when I manage to gain position and looked up, I was shock to see I lifted the shuttle high and near baseline because I thought I did not lift strong enough... haha

11. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Is this your current go to racket and the main reason you sell off quite number of rackets in Buy/Sell thread ?

12. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    Yes bro.. Correct.. Loving Victor and selling off all other rackets that will not be used frequently or not at all....=)

13. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    As of now my current Victor collezione;

MX 80
    MX London
    MX JJS
    The Legend
    BS LYD
    BS 12
    TK 8000....

Coming soon:

1. Legend II

2. BS LYD N

14. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Wow... a yonex convert. Would you mind to compare your findings on TK8000 and MX JJS?

15. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    Yes Pak Licin , Question Mark ?? hahhahaha

16. angchor

angchor Regular Member

Hi where did u get the tk8000? How much?

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Anyone know where to get this thing and the Victor Legend II?!

18. Krunc

Krunc Regular Member

I also second this, I'm very curious how the JJS and TK8000 compare to each other.

19. RedLeo

RedLeo Regular Member

I'm playing tonight with those two racquets. I'll post the comparison later on.

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Glad to hear it... Looking forward for your comparison.