2012 Australian Open GP Gold: Semi-Finals to Finals matches

Discussion in 'Australia Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Apr 6, 2012.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Good thinking from you. :D:D:D

I am sure the last match would be the Womens Doubles.

2. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

I think, there is still tiny chance if Kido / Setiawan come out as champion tomorrow.
    They will collect points something about 58K, move up to position #8. cmiiw.

but, if they lost to TPE, it breaks the hope then.

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, looks like that they have given up by not going to India.
    they have to rely on the 4-6 teams behind them not scoring at the BAC and India.
    Actually most of them will score heavily as the top Chinese and Korean will not be there.
    I doubt that the Den will be there either as the India is only 2 days after the EC.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kido decides to accompany his wife, who will be delivering their first child this month. So, they will not be going to BAC & India SS.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, i'm sure we all have our priorities in life.
    not sure what Setiawan is thinking

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MD FINAL
    Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu [3] vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan [6] - it's hard to tell if Kido/Hendra can actually win their first open title since the MAS GPG 2010 (yes...that's almost 2 years back). I certainly hope they do so, after a barren 2011 and even worse, their best result was SF last year. This might yet be their last title as a pair!

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Is it possible for PBSI to kick out Ahsan/Septano to replace them with Kido/Setiawan as long as Indonesia is allowed to send one pair ????

God Kido/Setiawan stands a better chance of winning than the former

8. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    glad to see the chinese in all 5 final matches tomorrow in the australian open. :)

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Unlikely, they have a well developed TT league that result in a fairly good career for most of their players, earning folds of money than their baddy counterparts...Their loss to SIN in the last WC was a surprise, and was also due their loss of their top gun YN Zhang (early retirement due to marriage) and gambling in deployment of too many young guns. Thought who they lost to? A SIN team consist of ex-CHN players...How many countries really have their own talents who could really challenge CHN's TT team these days? Even for years to come....

10. Heong

Heong Regular Member

I was very nervous and worried for Sung Ji Hyun!

I thought her match with Li Han would be very close, but it wasn't at all like it. Ji Hyun wasn't really into the match from the start - first set already made mistakes and from then I knew things won't go easy for her. Her feet into moving and her speed was no where near as great as her opponent, who was much more aggressive in her play...

Markis Kido was absolutely on FIRE today. He played alot of tricks and really looked like he had fun playing so freely but nevertheless still versatile and threatening their home opponents. I honestly didn't expect this pair to pull through against another pair who had beaten Hashimoto and Hirata... the crowd really enjoyed watching this man play. He was entertaining to watch.

Tien Minh Nguyen's mental state has never been better against Sasaki. Nguyen's speed was above all amazing and one of the fastest players I've ever seen. It was very difficult for Sasaki to win points as Nguyen's defence and speed was really on top today. Eventually, Nguyen's determination has earned himself a spot in the final against Chen Jin.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What! China lack of talents?! With LXR the newest killer and conqueror,plus JiangYJ still able to beat any player from ROW,in addition to the three formidable Wangs? And Han Li has just eliminated Sung JY (whom I consider the strongest Korean WS),avenging her previous defeat in convincing manner, and Wang Lin slowly but surely regaining her skills and physicality -- I'm afraid CHN WS is too dominant in this category,not a very good development for the sport,I think.
    The thing is China has so much depth in talents with so many players capable and ready to take over any of their top player who slackens slightly that it leaves no room for any one of them to post less than excellent results , be it due to injury or temporary loss of form. I believe Jiang YJ, Han Li or Wang Lin would easily be among the top 2 or 3 in any other country, and even if they run into a bad patch for quite a while,their services will still be needed as there just isn't anyone else to replace them, but not in China where there is always someone hot on their heels.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    NTM is def one of the fastest players and always makes it hard to beat. He makes it hard for himself though and is not so good at controlling the game.

13. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Yes

And what was even more amazing was his stamina... he could keep playing even after all those fast and long rallies!

Rally after rally he is able to produce such explosive speed that not even Sasaki could keep up with

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nguyen Tien Minh played his best game today taking out Showman Sasaki in two straight games in commanding manner. I've always known NTM to be a fighter with grit determination, a hardworking runner but didn't expect him to play above himself playing such an outstanding attacking game to beat Sho whom I regard as the best late bloomer.

Actually,these players,including Dangerman Lee HI whom I consider the best comeback kid, are capable of strong attacking play if they want to but just don't have much chances to attack against the likes of Lin Dan or Lee CW whose defenses are superb such that these lesser players are forced to bide their time and dare not attack prematurely for fear their attacking shots are returned with interest and/or be subject to powerful counter-attacks - such is the awesome ability and prowess of the Two Titans (and arguably,to a considerable extent,Chen Long as well,IMHO).

As for Simon Santoso,he really played well today, only I thought his fitness was suspect and fizzled out towards the end of G2, whereas Chen Jin was supremely fit as always and was back to his best form. Tomorrow's final between NTM and Chen Jin will be highly interesting as both players are quite similar in their physicality and ability to outrun and outlast most other players in stamina,scrambling to return every shot running all over the court, in energy-sapping long rallies.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well,both Loh and madbad are so witty in their subtle nuances and insinuations -- not make hay while the sun shines but "make hay while "sleeping" and "make hay of her cross court net plays to confound":D

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right,they have just changed the playing order, with WS now moved to second slot and WD in 4th, otherwise it'd be disadvantageous to Cheng Wen Hsing.

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    is it just me, or does anyone else think Lee SM of TPE plays like Setiawan?

18. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Their girls failed to win GS title in the World Junior Championships for 4 consecutive years. Take the hint.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,and
    the junior like ratchanok,tai tzuying,mitani start to beat china 1st team now.
    i cant see chen xiao jia can do any better,suo di too.
    which mean,china doesnt have any ws player on par with RI,TTY on their age group

20. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Are Suo Di & Deng Xuan still around? What and when was the last international tournament they attended?
    Other girls around their age (WJC 2010/11) are already playing regularly in IC/GP/GPG or even SS level. But those two... where the heck are they now?? :confused: