Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by UchihaIyer, Aug 11, 2007.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

first of all 90% of people here are not pro badminton players (but we dream that hopefully one day maybe ...) but most of us have top of the range rackets just because you don't consider yourself to be a pro doesn't mean you can't buy a racket used by a pro

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I think the AT900t is better than the arc 7 and probaly the z is better than the arc 7 as well

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Hm...

Usually pro have good technique and a arm and wrist to control PRO racket. That doesn't mean that I or other recreation type of player can handle the racket.

By handling I mean that you can get as much of possible out of it and that you don't get tired after 1-2 hours using it. I will not buy a best racket just because PRO is using it thinking "if I pro is using it that means that my game will be like his as well" but I will buy a racket that I can handle and where my game will approve after a while.

True I like AT900T but I don't have option jet to try it. Racket is not cheap so I do not want to make mistake.

Regards

4. texin7

texin7 Regular Member

student
    if u know some1 who got the racket, then try it once and c weather it will suit u.that will be the best way to approach

5. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

that is a problem. I do not have a chance so my only attributes are this forum I guess or just order it and try it and then sell it here if I do not like it.

Regards

6. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Like I said, if you're a beginner, just string it at 22lbs and you'll really like it, assuming you like head heavy rackets.

If you don't like head heavy rackets, look at maybe the ArcSabers or one of the Nanospeeds might be better for you. If you don't want to spend absolute top dollar, the NS7700 is a really nice racket.

The AT900T is not a hard racket to use, but if you string it at 27lbs you will hate it.

Having said that, an even balanced racket with a medium flex shaft would probably be an easier play for a beginner.

7. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

I don't know yet about head heavy rackets but this one feels really good in my hands and doesn't feels so much head heavy at all.

Arc series is nice but I did not like the feel of Arc10. What I like was Arc7 and Z-slash for which I read is hard to use even for a players which have many other Yonex racket in their bags so I guess this would be to much for me.

What I had been surprised is that Z-slash is really flex in one way and quite stiff in another way. Anyone experiences the same?

NS series is also nice but I guess NS9900, 9000, 8000 is too stiff for me. What I like was NS4500, NS6000.

Regards

8. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Yeah the head is very torsionally stiff, but although the shaft is supposed to be stiff if you flex them both in your hands the AT900T is noticably stiffer.

Why not get one of those then?

9. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

So you suggest here that I should go for Z-slash because it is more flex?

Do you think that I would have problems with Z-slah like you are having because you are used to your AT series? I'm coming from non Yonex so maybe this is a good chance to do the jump right on Z-slash?

Regards

#269 cayzi, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  10. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

you wont go wrong with either AT900T or SW36, strung at 23lbs...:D

11. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

What if I take this racket and strung it to a higher level compare to other middle class rackets?

I did not try SW36 yet. I'm waiting for G4 grip.

Regards

12. druss

druss Regular Member

The tension you string at has less to do with the racket then it does with your playing ability. I string all my rackets at 24lbs to 26lbs regardless of the racket, whether a $80 Apacs or $200 Yonex.

"Pro level racket" is a pretty useless phrase in that most pro's can play almost as well with a $100 racket as they can with a $200 racket, they are pro's not because of the racket but because of their skill. In reality, technology improvements do much more for the average player than they do for the "Pro's". Even for the average player, shoes, string and string tension are more important than the racket.

13. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

why would you want to string this racket at a higher tension since you dont consider yourself a pro level player? Stringing the racket at tensions lower than 25lbs makes the racket easier to handle as the sweetspot is larger, hence easier to use.

14. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

I see.

But what then is a point buying good racket if string tension are everything according to your statement?

Thanks!

15. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

for me, i buy good racket for its performance...and the string tension suits my playing level. i've tried stringing at 26lbs but just couldnt play with it as the whole racket feels like a woodnen plank, but that's just me. i've seen court friends who are just starting out, omg their string tension is at 31lbs!!! they said the "expert" player ask them to string at that tension, plays better!!! and after a short while, they come complaining of elbow pains...:rolleyes:
    so what then, is your objective by stringing your racket at high tensions since you dont consider yourself a "pro level" player?
    you can always string it up to your suitable tension, and i'm sure the AT900T will have no trouble performing up to your required tension.

#275 alana07, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  16. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Hi!

Just a question. I tried AT900T second time and today I also got Carlton VT Tour and I must say it just feels great!!!!!

What I want to ask is I have AT900T U3 and Carlton is U4 (I'm not sure if Yonex and Carlton have same griping sizing).

Both racket have different characteristic: AT900T head heavy, Carlton even balance, etc.-...

What would happen if I change AT900T for U4 regarding racket performance and my game?

I do not feel that AT900T is heavy - it feels great but Carlton have another great feeling because it is kind of balance weight.

Remember this is my second play with AT900T.

Regards

#276 cayzi, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  17. xrawrhenry

xrawrhenry Regular Member

Starbucks - Barista
    Yonex Amortec 900 Technique For Sale!

Hi does anyone want to buy an Yonex Amortec 900 Technique 4U G4 US coded strung with BG80 at 26/28lbs for $175? If the price is too high I can negotiate. The racket has a minor paint scrape on the top of the frame from picking up the shuttlecock too much. I can also supply one free Yonex Super Grap with the racket. If anything feel free to email me personally. Thank You!

Email: xhenryjai@hotmail.com

Racket Specs:
    Model: Yonex Armortec 900 Technique
    Grip Size: G4
    Weight: 4U
    Racket Shaft Code: 250594US
    Strings: Yonex BG80 26/28 lbs
    Other: Stock Grip wrapped with Yonex Super Grap (red)

18. glydersid

glydersid Regular Member

i have a 4ug4 one, and its my main racket now. however i find that the racket is much more head heavy than my previous at 800 def 4ug5. i mean its great, theres more power, but i always thought they are both similar to each other.

19. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    bit of an out of the blue question, but i was wondering whether someone could tell me which weight TH was using during the time he was using the technique.

20. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

Pretty sure it was a 4U. He used the 4U AT700 as well, if my memory serves me correctly.