Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

Got myself an MX80 on sale for $110 CAD. Factory strung at about 22lbs with some victor strings.

I have to say, the quality of this racket is simply amazing. After a few hours of play and probably 5 hard mishits, this racket is still looking brand new. At first I was worried that the stiff shaft would be a shock to me (used to flexible racket), but now im in love with the stiffness and the control/power it gives me :D

2. wmkoo

wmkoo Regular Member

It is still selling at a discount at Chris shop if you are interested.

3. wmkoo

wmkoo Regular Member

4. ngockhai

ngockhai Regular Member

civil engineering
  5. Isleyofthenorth

Isleyofthenorth Regular Member

Could you guys recommend me a racket from the Bravesword series. Im a singles player, im between intermediate and advanced. I don't smash a lot, I like to win games by countering my opponents smashes, and hitting it to the four corners.

6. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    you can try bravesword 11. thatts the racket lee hyun il is using. i tink ur style is similar to his.

7. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    What BS is right for you also depends on what stiffness you are comfortable.

BS09 is medium flex
    BS10 is x-stiff
    BS11 is stiff (at least the old version is)

The old version BS11 is a great racket. Definitely one of my top 5 rackets, and could very well suit your style.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

BS168 is actually LHI's racket, and should be close to the BS11. Maybe a bit head heavier, which shouldn't be so bad for singles...

9. currymee88

currymee88 New Member

Anyone has any idea what is the best price for BRS-10 in Malaysia (Klang Valley) and where to buy ?

I got quotes ranging from RM480 to RM560 ! What is the "fair price" in town ?

10. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

480 - 500 can get BRS-10

11. basingcraig

basingcraig Regular Member

Hi

can somebody explain what the fundamental difference between the playstyle of the Metor X series and the Brave Sword series is,

i understand that they have different frame shape ans dome of the MX have the 80 hole design, but what im interested in is how they play,

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The Meteor frame shape is closer to a standard frame than a Bravesword. As a result, the handling is somewhere in between a 'normal' racket and the quickness of the Braveswords. The plus side is that the frame is more stable, having more torsional stability and weaker vibration on off-center hits. I'm not quite sure how the others behave, as I only own the MX80, but the very high stiffness makes it transfer much of the shock, which I believe the 70 and 60 won't do so much (thus being more stable than a BS, and not transferring much of a shock on not-perfect hits).

While some have mentioned the 80 holes design plays ~1lbs tighter than a regular string pattern I have not noticed anything like that.

To make it short: the Bravesword series generally plays very quick, but requires clean hitting as they're neither the most stable nor the most powerful of rackets. A quick swing and good technique with clean hits will make them very powerful and dangerous though.
    The Meteor series (based on the 80) is a tad head heavier and more stable. As a results, less quick (probably around Nanospeed/Nanoray rackets), but potentially more powerful and controlled.

13. basingcraig

ok thnaks for the reply, but not the reply i was hoping for

im using a Yonex VT7 and my reason for changing the racket is that i want something faster,

i had been looking at the BS 11 or 12 but im not the cleanest or most powerful hitter!

do you think if i go to a mid flex MX i will notice much difference in speed?

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Definitely. The 1-digit Voltrics are awfully slow. Playtested a friend's (IIRC VT5) and it felt like swinging around an iron pipe...
    Well, a BS11 is pretty easy to play with. Head heaviest of the 2-digit BS, and pretty manageable stiffness. BS168 might be worth looking into as well....afaik LHI's racket, and essentially a slightly more head heavy BS11. A MX60 would probably also be a good choice.

In any case, every BS or MX racket will be a vast improvement in speed over any Voltric.

15. basingcraig

ok good to know, if an MX is more forgiving to off center hits then that might be my best option.

16. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    To be honest I think it's just because you pretty much have to start crosses at B8 because of those extra holes and those people are used to racquets starting at B9

I really didnt see any difference either...

17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    At the moment Victor is boring me. So much new rackets with almost the same specs. An At700 racket which is 5/5 stiff and 5/5 headheavy would be something new.
    Victor why couldn't you make you one with Sword, Carbon XT, 80 holes and E-titanium? This would blast your opponents away.

18. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    I would agree with j4ckie in recommending the BS11 or MX60 based on the info you have provided.

19. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I kinda agree with this. Everything Victor has put out recently has basically been a 300mm BP all-rounder, of various levels of stiffness. They're content with leveraging the LYD and JJS models and these are huge sellers, so there's no real impetus to do anything particularly different or interesting or experimental.

I still pretty much think that the Bravesword is one of the best racket designs conceived thusfar. Adding a Woven head and upping the BP would be where I'd take Victor, but they have some very expensive star players they need to leverage, as well as investment in differentiating the Meteor line with Woven.

I don't think we'll see much in the way of interesting from Victor for quite some time.

20. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I finally completed my collection :cool:.

Attached Files: