Yonex Niigata Factory Official Visit Report

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Then it has got to be the yellow/purple LCW limited edition.

2. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

I think so.. who knows..

3. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    You should have asked him if the VTZF2LD is the same as the Lin Dan's black racquet? Just to see what his reaction is! :D

4. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

I am afraid asking too much questions. Afraid that they will assume me as a competitor's spy. :p

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I heard that the different region codes implies different Quality Control checks. is it true?

6. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

The officer said all rackets are treated same. Every time when one step completed, the QC check will be executed. When I visited at there, there are 9 tables of workers did a QC check on the Arcsaber 9FLN shafts before sent to the paint job process.. and also, at that time, they were aiming of producing 4600 rackets.

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Lucky you. Did you receive any Yonex souvenirs from them?;)

8. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    I was told that the quality of these rackets with different code are just the same,told several times already to many of the buyer and trader here,no offence to those who is trying to sell their so called JP version of yonex racket with much higher price,but it is still up to that somebody's preferences of how much they think they shud pay for what they think they got.

JP,SP,IP,tw are just the same but i m not sure about ch version because the latter always seem to give more problems and defects. Now that this guy fiq has gone to their official factory and clarified that they are all of the same quality(probably difference in just QC quality for different country) ,i hoped that this answers the doubt of the prices you have to pay for ip and jp rackets. You import yourselves,not thru their official agents like sunrise,pbsi and that;s the price you get,in this case the price doesnt indicate the level of quality you get.

9. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It's interesting that they are saying that there is no difference between the codes. I think I agree with them for racquets made in recent years, but there is one racquet that comes to mind that feels very different. The original Ti10.

I have two Ti10 (Gen1) 2U UK Code and three Ti10 (Gen1) 2U SP code, all purchased at different times. The UK versions are much more head heavy than the SP ones - to the point that I cannot play with them (as I play only doubles).

But since the inception of the 675mm racquet (roughly around the time when the Ti10 came out), I have felt no real difference between different coded racquets from Yonex. They have been quite consistent, even the strings feel the same to me.

10. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    You should play with more coded racket and maybe you will get to know that it's a norm that these rackets have different balance points for each of the racket,probably out of 10 you will get 5 with ALMOST IDENTICAL specs,balance point and so bla bla bla... but the rest 5 rackets will probably suprised you with probably lighter head or heavier head,stiffer or flexier shaft, and so on. I have came across sp coded at900p with higher bp as compared to a jp coded at900p and jp coded nano800 with lighter overall weight,but more head heavier than the sp version.

pepe54 likes this.
  11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

On reply to both of you, maybe different batch and different date of manufactured that we compared?

12. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

Yes, a report book from yonex which is not sold anywhere. Lol.

13. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I have played with lots of coded racquets, but the Ti10 sticks out as the one where UK coded ones were consistently more HH than SP coded ones. This is unusual, as a collector of Yonex racquets, I have encountered and played with most of their top-end racquets manufacturered over the past 30 odd years. Yes there are slight variations in BP due to tolerances and QC which I am aware of, but with the original Ti10, the difference is too great to be down to Yonex tolerance and QC - which in my opinion is the best of all the manufacturers.

As I also string racquets for several clubs, I get to hold many racquets and this is a fairly consistent difference in the Ti10s I've experienced.

Other racquets seems fine though. Strange.

14. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    not possible though.

15. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    can you measured the bp of your uk coded ti10 and see if any of the ti10 in my collections faced the similiar condition as yours.

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I remember this being discussed before and as you know the SP production ran longer than the rest of the codes. Iirc some SP users also noted a distinct difference between the the latter produced ones and early years; note the "iirc" :D been quite a while since I last read about it ... But maybe you have some early SP ones as well. <2002/3

17. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I can, but there are two problems. Firstly, most of my collection (60+ racquets) including my beloved Ti10s are in my parents house loft/garage along with a lot of other stuff. Secondly, with some of them, the original grip and / or the cellophane has been removed and replaced with several overgrips and I didn't measure their weights before (these make quite a difference to the BP).

So if I get the chance, I will measure them but it may be some time! :p

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer

Glad you mentioned that, my first SP one must have been one of the earliest as I remember my aunt buying it soon after it was launched. (Which reminds me... that one has a crack in it! :( sad times!). The second one I bought a few years later... can't remember exactly when though.... but if I can be bothered to clamber into my parents loft and dig them out, I'll get the serial codes which should confirm the dates.

19. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Sorry OP for steering the discussion off course... ;)

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Dang... If your parents ever hold a garage sale, let me know... :p